The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Edmonton Oilers at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 01, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, hlinkas wrister said:

Both calls were embellished but the interference call at least was 100% a penalty. Both times the penalties were taken in the offensive zone against a team with the number one power play in the NHL. Undisciplined plays that cost us the game and in all fairness should result in LE sitting in the press box on Tuesday.  

...and Saturday and next Tuesday, and next Thursday, and...............................

7 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

While I somewhat agree with your comments, There is still no reason to allow him to take up a spot on the team when they could allow one of many other deserving players take his place.  God know, NO ONE can do worse than him, let alone he is a CANCER and BAD EXAMPLE to the younger players showing them that mediocre, lazy uninterested playing gets rewarded.    That's NOT the way it works in my books!

So you're saying you'd rather scratch Loui all season and let Marky walk at the end of the year because we can't afford to pay him?

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

And the non call on Boeser should have been a double minor reduced to 2 due to the goal.  

And the blown call on Tanev with 3 minutes left.

and Nurse should have gone for embellishmeny on both calls. 

So actually 4 blown calls... 

McDIVEd had a pretty good flop in between the Darnell Purssy flops...:bigblush:

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Neal should of been given a penalty on that play on Tanev, Neals stick was between Tanevs legs, and Tanev tripped/fell awkwardly into the boards because of that, lucky Tanev didn't get hurt because he easily could have, but to not call a penalty there is bush league.

The ref was 10’ away and had a great view, he thought about calling a penalty his hand even started to move up. But there was a clear game management decision there. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Weird. There are some hfcanuck posters in here tonight me thinks!!

:mellow:

Edit: fixed it....2 added to ignore lmao. Don't need to read hfcanuck team tank members in here. It is aggravating and blocking them leads to a much more appreciated conversation here. ::D

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

So the schedule gets better for a while.  

can’t wait for Ferland, Rouss, Sutter and Beagle to get back.  

i think they will go on a roll again. 

coilers are gonna hang around in a good position all year.  They have two game breakers and the rest of the plugs have bought into Tippets bore you to death system.  Not a great recipe for long term success but it’s working for now.. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, KeslerWho? said:

Even John and John agreed it should be a penalty because Loui shouldn't have his stick there. 

Lol, way to make a baseless assumption. What have I said that points to me being on team tank? I'm just giving Loui $&!#. In no way am I happy for the loss. Can't handle someone not agreeing with your opinion? 

Great post and YES, The "loui lovers" have trouble admitting he's been a bust since his very first game when he scored on his own team.  The writing was on the wall for this guy going way back when those of us paying attention realized his coming to the Canucks was an act of desperation by AQUA-Man when the team was at it's worst point with the Sedins needing someone, anyone as a decent line-mate.  Unfortunately they could only get Loui and he was and has been a bust ever since and now is just going thru the motions collecting his $6,000,000.00 Salary to score one goal per season.-yet some still support that BS.    It baffles the mind - absolutely amazing!

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

And the non call on Boeser should have been a double minor reduced to 2 due to the goal.  

And the blown call on Tanev with 3 minutes left.

and Nurse should have gone for embellishmeny on both calls. 

So actually 4 blown calls... 

- Boeser one is tough because he got high stick'd as the puck deflected off his stick and went it. I do agree it should've been a delayed call and since a double minor, we should have been on the PP for 2 minutes. 

- Neal and Tanev were tied up sliding towards the boards, Tanev turned his back to Neal and Neal gave him a bit of a shove to try and separate at the same time. Don't think he intended to push Tanev into the boards, but could've been a penalty as well. Neal instantly stopped to make sure he was okay even though the play was still going on. 

- Second penalty should have been embellishment for sure, especially if the Refs looked at the replay of the first penalty.

However, Canucks got away with some calls as well, so can't only look at it from one side. 

Just now, Toyotasfan said:

The ref was 10’ away and had a great view, he thought about calling a penalty his hand even started to move up. But there was a clear game management decision there. 

Oh yeah totally, he really seemed worried of being the one dictating the game for the Oilers and to allow Vancouver a chance to tie it, that's the sense I'm getting, and that's bad. That's a play the league has been addressing for years now to get ride of to prevent serious injuries, it's just a joke how it's run imo, because I bet if Tanev was injured then a penalty would of been called, because it would put the ref on the spot and they would have to make the call, but if the player doesn't get hurt they can ignore the call just a joke.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

So you're saying you'd rather scratch Loui all season and let Marky walk at the end of the year because we can't afford to pay him?

NO, Loui will be gone next season.  Even if he somehow manages to squeeze back in the lineup for a game here or there - this season, he'l be bought out, retire or be traded with salary eaten next year.  IMO, this should have been done this season but the $ hit would have been too much this year - but next year everything changes.