The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Zack Kassian suspended 2 games

Rate this topic

Not surprised. NHL is a finesse league at this point. Will continue to eliminate as much physicality and aggression as possible. Main reason I stopped watching the NHL a few years ago. It's turning into a European style of play. 

Edited by RRypien37

5 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Not surprised. NHL is a finesse league at this point. Will continue to eliminate as much physicality and aggression as possible. Main reason I stopped watching the NHL a few years ago. It's turning into a European style of play. 

its fits the new culture of me

16 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Agree but this is right out of the rule book.  This would have been plenty. 2+5+10+the game.

More to the nonsense of it..... :picard:

Yeah. Strange reference considering he got 2+2+10

Edited by Shift-4

People can hate on Tkachuk all they want but he's a master at this type of thing.

He knows who he's hitting and exactly what type of response he's going to get from a guy like Kassian

It was hilarious when Kassian was just pummelling him and he just skates away later like its nothing. He wanted that to happen.

He gets his team the advantage and they win the game.

That's one type of player that you hate to play against but would absolutely love on your team

Edited by PetterssonOrPeterson
  • Cheers 4

4 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

People can hate on Tkachuk all they want but he's a master at this type of thing.

He knows who he's hitting and exactly what type of response he's going to get from a guy like Kassian

It was hilarious when Kassian was just pummelling him and he just skates away later like its nothing. He wanted that to happen.

That's one type of player that you hate to play against but would absolutely love on your team

You might want him on your team but I would ask for a trade. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

You know, I've said that I thought that Kassian was being gamed and I still think that.  I was assuming that Tkachuk was being very careful to stay within the rules.  Having watched both the hits in question, even if they consider the shoulder to be the initial point of contact, Tkachuck is taking more than 3 full strides going into the hits.  How is this not charging?  My theory, and here comes the tinfoil hat :), is that the league doesn't like Kassian and will turn a willful blind eye to the BS.

4 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

You know, I've said that I thought that Kassian was being gamed and I still think that.  I was assuming that Tkachuk was being very careful to stay within the rules.  Having watched both the hits in question, even if they consider the shoulder to be the initial point of contact, Tkachuck is taking more than 3 full strides going into the hits.  How is this not charging?  My theory, and here comes the tinfoil hat :), is that the league doesn't like Kassian and will turn a willful blind eye to the BS.

If you watched the game it was 3 hits. 

Also, player like Tkachuk is a reason why I want Tryamkin to be back with the Canucks. Hope he “richardsoned” Tkachuk when he eventually returns to the league. I have said it all along, Tkachuk is a piece of $&!# and I have never liked him even before the draft. Still glad he is not a Canuck.

• Thanks 1