The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who Sits When Ferland and Leivo Return?

Rate this topic

Schmautzie

6 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

1 easy choice for me is LE goes back to the press box. Great story that he is putting up points in the top 6, hard not to when his linemates are on fire producing alot more then him during the same stretch.

The 2nd person to sit will be Gaudette but I think that could change and we could look to deal Leivo, send him to a team in the hunt and get a 2nd or 3rd round pick back. Unfortunately we can't keep and sign all our UFA's. Leivo will want a raise and I doubt we can afford to keep all the UFAs we have. 

I would also serious consider trying to move Sutter, Edm wants a #3C, lets send him back home to Alberta. 

Why would we help Edmonton, Sutter likley has Edmonton as one of the destinations he can't be traded to.

1 hour ago, captaincowbasher said:

Miller- Pettersson- Virtanen

Pearson- Horvat- Eriksson

Rouselle- Gaudette- Boeser

Ferland- Sutter- Motte

Press Box: Beagle, Schaller

Stecher+ T.Madden+3rd= M. Dumba

Hughes- Dumba

Edler- Tanev

Fatenberg- Myers

Minnesota hangs up and blocks the canucks for that offer.

8 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Miller Pettersson Virtanen

Pearson Horvat Boeser

Roussel Gaudette Ferland

Sutter Beagle Motte

Leivo, Eriksson

I don’t think we’ll have this “problem” for awhile though. But then things could look much different anyways.

That's probably the best lineup they could ice.

There seems to be a lot made from the "resurgence" of LE but really, he isn't better than the other options when healthy

49 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

Not too concerned about it. Ferland will get injured in his first game back.

He is too injury prone this season and I am afraid he is done. Reason why Carolina let him walk knowing health concerns ?

2 hours ago, 6string said:

Why would we help Edmonton, Sutter likley has Edmonton as one of the destinations he can't be traded to.

Help Edm!? We would be shipping out an oft injured over paid player who has been passed over by Gaudette. Canucks can have 1 of Beagle and Sutter but not both imo

Sending Sutter to Edm would be us freeing up much need cap space in any way possible we need to move out some contracts that are too expensive for the role that player(s) have on our roster

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Help Edm!? We would be shipping out an oft injured over paid player who has been passed over by Gaudette. Canucks can have 1 of Beagle and Sutter but not both imo

Sending Sutter to Edm would be us freeing up much need cap space in any way possible we need to move out some contracts that are too expensive for the role that player(s) have on our roster

I don't want to test our luck in that regard.

If he stays healthy he is a pretty good add to a lot of teams bottom 6. Good for roughly 15 goals, 30ish points while playing solid in a defensive role if healthy. On top of that he is a pretty good locker room guy.

I would trade him outside the division where there would be less risk. I don't want to risk helping EDM out unless they're willing to cough up a bit more. If he pans out for them he adds a lot for that team. Sutt's definitely a player Dave Tippett would love to have.

Sutter should have a a bit of a market with 1 year left in the off-season. Might not get much but we'd get something. Hopefully he ends the year healthy. Can help us push for the playoffs

2 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Doesnt always take that long . 

I think that his will. I have had severe brain injuries and I recognized the brain agitation in his interviews during training camp and his game play was clearly different than usual. That Tom Wilson hit really did a number on him.  He tried to fight through the injury but this is an injury you can't fight through. Ferland is as stubborn as they come and refused to believe he was hurt.  Your brain is swollen and it just takes time to heal. Then he went and got in a fist fight with Kyle Clifford while having fresh brain trauma to prove he is fine and it messed him up more. He tried playing again a short time later but the symptoms returned. He needs to heal and be away from contact hockey for a few months. 

Im sure he would like to play tomorrow if he could but i think Canucks management is getting counselled by doctors and they recognize that he needs to get healthy first. 

Canucks management might let him play in the playoffs if we need him. But the best thing for him would be to rest and heal and have a good off season then be ready for camp in September. Any small bump or hit he receives this season will just re aggravate the brain injury.