The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Calgary Flames at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 08, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

41 minutes ago, Battlemonger said:

Petey is angry and a fire has been stoked under him. He is gonna get meaner. Watch him put on another 20 pounds of muscle this summer.

Imagine him in 4 years - 6'4" and 200 lbs of shifty hell. 

He’s 6’2”. As per NHL and Wiki. But yea I’d love for him to just spend the whole summer doing squats and deadlifts 

• Upvote 1

Just now, You Mad Bro? said:

He’s 6’2”. As per NHL and Wiki. But yea I’d love for him to just spend the whole summer doing squats and deadlifts 

Na, Petey should never take his gloves off.  It’s his stick that is his weapon.  He needs to take up fencing. 

Just now, mikeyman109 said:

The deal is no one is happy with the last 4 games and we see some scary trends. somethings that need to be addressed or even if we do make the playoffs we will be done pretty quickly.

1 We dont stand up for one another. Way too many examples pf players taking liberties that we dont react to. I am not saying we need a Lucic but everyone needs to be prepared to play for one another.

2 our power play is just too predictable. they have struggled to score and keep deploying the same unit in the same structure. if you get set up with Petey on the right side and the other teams clear it then come back next time with him setting up on the left side. Do something different each time. I dont like Petey to the left of Hughes. It takes away his one timer. But you cant keep doing the same thing over and over.

3.Marky looked bad on the first 3 goals. He was awesome after that but by then they had a lead they wouldnt surrender. if he needs rest play Demko.

4 We have a group of tired forwards. You called up two kids both 6'4 and let them sit in the press box against a team that pushed us all over the ice. In favor of Schaller, Eriksson, etc. Play the young men and give some of the guys a rest.

In simpler terms it’s coaching.  Babcock is out there.  It’s actually incredibly stupid for an owner, who now has Petey and Huggy, to allow this poor coaching (and passive culture created by poor coaching) to continue.  Get Babcock now.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 2

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

In simpler terms it’s coaching.  Babcock is out there.  It’s actually incredibly stupid for an owner, who now has Petey and Huggy, to allow this poor coaching (and passive culture created by poor coaching) to continue.  Get Babcock now.

id take Gallant over Babcock

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Devron44 said:

No it’s different. everyone is worried about Petey. I am too but it’s stupid. After every loss. People want to pitch fork Bo. And nobody has said a single thing about Boeser.

It consuming me and I don’t like it.

Do you know how to delete the account I can’t figure it out lol

don't go , you are one of great posters on here

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silent Man said:

Green is too conservative and always go with a safe choice.

He could play Demko against Minny. 

With fresh Marky in net Canucks could win yesterday.

I think Green's  personality has a negative effect on the team.

Ask Marky if he was fresh. Marky was not why we lost the game,  we got out hit, out hustled and out worked by a hungry team

Your crystal ball is cracked if you think other wise 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, mikeyman109 said:

1 We dont stand up for one another. Way too many examples pf players taking liberties that we dont react to. I am not saying we need a Lucic but everyone needs to be prepared to play for one another

Tryamkin might be our Lucic. And be a really good defensive dman.

The Pacific has teams packing it in now so the Nucks look like they only have to beat Vegas, Oilers, Flames and Arizona for one of the three spots. That should not be hard with a 3 out of 5 chance. San Jose might get back in there but they are back a ways.

1 minute ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

Ask Marky if he was fresh. Marky was not why we lost the game,  we got out hit, out hustled and out worked by a hungry team

Your crystal ball is cracked if you think other wise 

Well, I don't have a crystal ball and I can't ask Marky. I am just say, imo, that if Marky had Thursday off he could win a game for Canucks in spite of pure team effort.

• Wat 1

7 minutes ago, Lazurus said:

Tryamkin might be our Lucic. And be a really good defensive dman.

The Pacific has teams packing it in now so the Nucks look like they only have to beat Vegas, Oilers, Flames and Arizona for one of the three spots. That should not be hard with a 3 out of 5 chance. San Jose might get back in there but they are back a ways.

I keep hearing people talk like  its a sure thing Tryamkin comes back. Its not. He may just stay in Russia and have a good career there. Until he is on  plane to sign a contract I am not counting on him. We need more than just him.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It is not coaching, the team is still growing, rebuilding. Hughes, Pettersson, Virtanen, that is not enough under 24 guys making a difference. A rebuild was going to take time, this team is simply not ready to be consistent enough to laugh off games like this and the fan base is expecting too much too soon.If Juolevi had panned out and made the team by now then maybe, but that is a lost year of rebuilding. Each first round pick is one year of rebuilding, that is why Boston was able to maintain it's standing, they got 3 1rst round picks in one year and another extra another year, so 5 years of 1rst's in 2 seasons.

Patience, the team is close, might make the playoffs but is still rebuilding. Temper expectations.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, mikeyman109 said:

I keep hearing people talk like  its a sure thing Tryamkin comes back. Its not. He may just stay in Russia and have a good career there. Until he is on  plane to sign a contract I am not counting on him. We need more than just him.

Even if he does come back. He’s not going to be Chara, he’s not even going to be Hall Gill. He’s a bottom pairing 6/7 guy 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1

Even Flames fans online are laughing at our club at how the players don't stand up for Petey.

I think that selfish me first attitude needs to be addresses by TG.

The team should be a pack of wolves.. you mess with one and you get the pack.....

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, mikeyman109 said:

No cap space this season to get him to sign so it’s a moot point until the offseason.  That’s also assuming he doesn’t already have a contract (that the NHL will honor) in Russia...which he does.  (Don’t think he has an out clause).

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, mikeyman109 said:

He is coming back is as guaranteed as all the prospects/picks not on the team will be. Take the kid at his and his agents word and if not them, then Benning's.

1 minute ago, qwijibo said:

Even if he does come back. He’s not going to be Chara, he’s not even going to be Hall Gill. He’s a bottom pairing 6/7 guy 

Did you not watch him play? Maybe not Chara but he was better than Gudbranson, Hutton, Stecher, Tanev and Edler, better stats and more fights than all players since combined. Did you not watch him rag doll Benn? He is a beast and he didn't even know how to fight. Look before you start slagging players.

• Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, Lazurus said:

Did you not watch him play? Maybe not Chara but he was better than Gudbranson, Hutton, Stecher, Tanev and Edler, better stats and more fights than all players since combined. Did you not watch him rag doll Benn? He is a beast and he didn't even know how to fight. Look before you start slagging players.

From an article in The Athleyic last week 

The biggest question, if and when Tryamkin comes back, is what value he can bring to an NHL lineup. Eronko notes that Tryamkin looks more comfortable making plays with the puck and is more proactive defensively than he was in Vancouver and while those are positive signs, it’s crucial to keep expectations in check.

Any defencemen who hopes to make an impact in an NHL team’s top four should be dominating the KHL and that’s clearly not what Tryamkin has done the past two years. Heck, Nikita Zaitsev, who did fit that bill, came over and has shown that he’s nothing more than a bottom-pairing-quality defenceman.

“I see Tryamkin getting back to Vancouver, but I don’t think he’ll be a top-four guy and I’m not sure he’d even make the starting roster out of training camp,” Eronko said. “But you never know, his (unimpressive season) could be a thing of motivation.

“I don’t see any motivation for him (in Yekaterinburg) right now. Maybe in the (KHL) playoffs, there’ll be motivation for him to show Vancouver what he can do and he’ll shine.”

Tryamkin’s underlying profile from his time with the Canucks looks the part of a marginal NHL defenceman, but the key back then was that he was young and raw enough a talent to continue developing and improving. The problem now is that he’s turning 26 years old in August and has plateaued in the KHL — it’s unlikely that he’s anything more than what he was for the Canucks in 2016-17.

At his best, Tryamkin can provide value in a depth role as a possible No. 6 or 7 defenceman, but the expectations and hype for his return are disproportionately high for what he can realistically bring to the table.”

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 2