The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Chicago Blackhawks at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 12, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

What a night... The atmosphere was unlike anything I've ever experienced at GM place (formerly Canada hockey place on 800 Griffiths way) 

Luongo got cheered on too hard for my liking. I let my vocal cords blow up for everyone else though. Crawford, Kesler, you name it. Everyone but Roberto Florida, my former fav player got my maximum yelling in support. 

That said Roberto probably deep down realizes what a jerk he was for his retirement debacle after 18000 faithful cheered him on, at 10x the volume he ever heard in that dumpster of a state he lives in... 

Whatever, this night was epic. The Sedins are legends and our 2020 Canucks are CONTENDERS! 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

Just made it back home from the game.  what an amazing experience.  The Canucks could not have done a better job with the ceremony.  The ovations for Linden and Kesler were emotional.  Thank you Rogers. You can tell Trevor really needed that too.  Bieksa.  How is that man not employed full time by Sportsnet?  Brilliant.  Loved the speeches from the Sedins.  100% Class. The game.  Marky. Marky. Marky.

That is it.  Thank you Hank and Danny.

Same!  Agree with you about the ovations for Kes and Trevor....they were the loudest and longest.....and emotional.  It didn’t hit me until Kesler came out, which I wasn’t expecting to react that way.  I was exhausted before the game even started lol

• Like 1

Not gunna lie but I like Sutter on the first pp unit.  He is more direct and simple with his game.

Feel Miller, Petey and Hughes have to simplify their game.  Too many cute little schticks that really slow that pp unit down and force themselves either to the perimeter or into bad spots.  Just make simple passes and shoot.  

• Like 1
  • Wat 1

Mason Raymond talking to Mike Gillis, and mocking his beard. Mike Gillis walks away afterwards :lol:

Also he hasn't aged a day, since we last saw him. 

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, MikeyD said:

I thought we Markstrom played great! :D

FTFY.  Honestly besides Marky, Sutter, Hughes, Miller, Bo, Gaudette and Petey most of the team played awful in front of Marky.  Myers looked like he was behind the play often such that he got caught and called for penalties, while the rest of the guys couldn't really connect passes which led to so many Hawks chances.  We're lucky to have even had the chance to build the lead and it's squarely on Marky's shoulders that this happened.

9 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Not gunna lie but I like Sutter on the first pp unit.  He is more direct and simple with his game.

Feel Miller, Petey and Hughes have to simplify their game.  Too many cute little schticks that really slow that pp unit down and force themselves either to the perimeter or into bad spots.  Just make simple passes and shoot.  

Yeah that unit can benefit from someone who just plays simple and is willing to go into the hard areas. Ferland could be a better fit when he's back.

1 hour ago, Locke Lamora said:

Tell me we’ve had an uglier win this year and I’ll tell you you’re wrong. :D

I made the same comment during the third period and got a few negatives. Rose coloured glasses I guess.

Marky stole it for us. The passing was pretty bad and the boys looked off for long stretches.

Still... solid penalty killing, some scattered decent plays and buried our chances.

Huge.

GCG!!!

I think Colliton's eyesight is just fine.

His glasses are just for show, trying to make him look smarter than he is.  Thanks for the bonehead challenge, coach!

Side note: shouldn't we get 3 pts out of this, for the lopsided officiating we had to endure?  That BS whistle on Pearson on that 2-on-1 was just the start.

1 hour ago, Raspberries said:

Just made it back home from the game.  what an amazing experience.  The Canucks could not have done a better job with the ceremony.  The ovations for Linden and Kesler were emotional.  Thank you Rogers. You can tell Trevor really needed that too.  Bieksa.  How is that man not employed full time by Sportsnet?  Brilliant.  Loved the speeches from the Sedins.  100% Class. The game.  Marky. Marky. Marky.

That is it.  Thank you Hank and Danny.

Bieksa wanted to play more hockey, he’s still an UFA.. 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Bingo.  We are getting killed every game now, and only winning if Marky steals it.  How about we change up the stupid 2 man deep forecheck when the other team had clear control?  Or bench Bailey?  Ya great job Green.  You should take credit for doing such a great job.  

Show me a good goalie and I’ll show you a good coach. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

True I’m drunk as a skunk, but we got killed.  Marky stole this one.  We are not playing well at all, and need a spark.  A new coach (Babs) would bring that spark.  

Babs is great with the young guys. Just ask Marner about that. :shock:

Almost led a stacked Leaf team to a first round win. 
I’m gonna have to disagree that he’s the guy that’s going to lead us to the promised land.

Maybe coach Q will get tired of coaching in an empty building every night. I would be more interested in landing someone with his track record.

• Cheers 2