The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kings trade Tyler Toffoli to Canucks for Tim Schaller, Tyler Madden, 2020 2nd-round pick, conditional 2022 4th-round pick

2 hours ago, naslund.is.king said:

Quick google search shows she works in media as an entertainment coordinator.(least it's not something tied to the sport)

She'd have plenty of alternatives in Vancouver..especially with the name and organizations connections

Like you said tho depends on what he wants.Hes in his prime, Vancouver is on the rise and one of his best buds plays here.

I have a little faith.

And by all accounts Pearson seems to love it here with the Canucks and living in Vancouver, so he could sell Toffoli on staying. Kind of like an ace up our sleeve considering their close relationship. A player deciding whether to stay on or leave a NHL team is not always going to base their decision on dollars. Every player is different and has varying priorities for what matters most to them.

We tend to forget as fans that these players are all human beings and have more to consider then just how much they are paid.

42 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

No...I’ll be happy.

The things i post are actually towards winning the Cup...and towards continuous Winning the Cup.

you guys won me over.....great trade best ever

ya right like standing pat and throwing away a season just to save a 2 nd and 3rd round prospect , and try again next year  , because that what you have been posting 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Odd. said:

Kind of torn. The reason why I want to keep him is cause he's very flexible. Can play center or wing, can play up and down the line-up, and has offensive upside. 

That being said, if we can find a younger, cheaper player with a bit of term, then so long Sutter. Otherwise might as well keep him.

He's probably our next best trade bait, he and Stecher.

you think Benning sells on Stetcher and Sutter before the deadline? Or do they both remain with the club until the offseason? 

1 minute ago, the grinder said:

ya right like standing pat and throwing away a season just to save a 2 nd and 3rd round prospect , and try again next year  , because that what you have been posting 

Talk in June....hope Canucks win the Cup so we’re all happy....if Canucks don’t well those picks and Madden would be nice to have.

Just now, N4ZZY said:

you think Benning sells on Stetcher and Sutter before the deadline? Or do they both remain with the club until the offseason? 

I see no scenario where he moves Sutter this season.  Stetcher is unlikely, but not impossible.

• Cheers 1

21 hours ago, cuporbust said:

Depends on the impact he has in the playoffs if we make it. 

I think we make it. Or else that Toffoli trade looks really bad, and i'm not sure Benning survives if the team misses the postseason. 

35 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

It would not surprise me one little bit to see luo hang on to collect every  cent of his contract. Another two years . 

I wouldn't be surprised either way, but I think after the bonus is paid out on July 1st he would rather have his contract terminated then play in the minors. I think by keeping him up in the big leagues all year JB has helped LE out and maybe he will return the favour. He would only make 5 million for 2 years stuck in the minors or he could terminate the contract and sign elsewhere for 1-2 million a year being a defensively responsible winger on a 3rd or 4th line. 

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Ultimately that's what it boils down to.......JB had no choice but to make a move to try and save the season.  The true disaster would have been to stand Pat and let all the hard work of the last 59 games go to waste.  

yep use the LTIR  to the advantage , like JB said he likes the draft pick and the picks he made but when a top 6 goes down  a week before a deadline , you better do something to save the season  , support the team and coaches for all the hard work they have put in

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Tystick said:

I could be wrong but I have a feeling Madden walks and signs with the team of his choice.

I think Benning knew this.

well, if Madden doesn't sign with the Kings, then this makes it even better for the 'nucks. 

• Thanks 1