The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who would you welcome back?

CBH1926

Who would you like to see back?  

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Still makes no sense to be on another team’s board, unless it’s for non-hockey stuff.  Imagine going as a Canuck’s fan to the Flame’s board and get active cheer for the Canucks when they play the Flames.  If trolling is to antagonize the Flame’s fans, that’s clearly doing it.  No, I see no reason for another team’s fans to be here (.in hockey threads about our team) except to antagonize.  That’s the definition of trolling.  Just stay on your team’s board.  

Canucks and Sabres hardly have a heated divisional/geographic rivalry. If anything they're expansion cousins. While I am a Canucks fan first and have a descending order of dislike for every other team, its totally understandable for someone to take some interest in another team, even if they're a fan of others. Keep in mind this is one of the biggest hockey forums on the web. Its only really "trolling" if they're deliberately here to antagonize, and someone who takes an active part in other parts of the forum while happening to cheer for their team while they play the "host" (Canucks) doesn't really count.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Agreed.  I do feel for @SabreFan1 though.  Hughes is on our team, and proving he’s a phenom.  His team loses out in the draft again. First Eichel to McDavid and now Dahlin to Hughes.  It would have been hard for him to be here and reading about how great Hughes is, and knowing that his team screwed up and took the wrong D man.  

Payback for Perrault.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bitter Melon said:

Canucks and Sabres hardly have a heated divisional/geographic rivalry. If anything they're expansion cousins. While I am a Canucks fan first and have a descending order of dislike for every other team, its totally understandable for someone to take some interest in another team, even if they're a fan of others. Keep in mind this is one of the biggest hockey forums on the web. Its only really "trolling" if they're deliberately here to antagonize, and someone who takes an active part in other parts of the forum while happening to cheer for their team while they play the "host" (Canucks) doesn't really count.

Are mods supposed to have some divine power that allows them to determine if a poster is “deliberately” antagonistic?  By definition trolling is to antagonize.  Posting in another team’s forum about hockey stuff (especially in the GDT when those teams are playing against each other) is definitely being antagonistic.  How else could it be interpreted?  

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Payback for Perrault.

Exactly!  The hate for that franchise runs deep.  Considering that Perrault thievery, We should be able, as Canuck’s fans, to celebrate the Sabres recent draft bustaroos and draft misses.  Hate ‘em. 

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Exactly!  The hate for that franchise runs deep.  Considering that Perrault thievery, We should be able, as Canuck’s fans, to celebrate the Sabres recent draft bustaroos and draft misses.  Hate ‘em. 

Got no hate for them personally; really enjoyed LaFontaine and Mogilny work together there, and Hasek in his prime was pretty hard to hate.  I also really like Eichel; hates to lose and awesome taste in music.

59 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Because there was plenty of ignorance as part of that play.  Many of us saw what we wanted to, and when a respected member of out community, who happens to cheer for the other side, explained that we were not given all the views to show we were wrong, instead of waiting to see, many here attacked him.

just liked he attacked others ,  when we didn't have the same view of the play . its a two way street  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Got no hate for them personally; really enjoyed LaFontaine and Mogilny work together there, and Hasek in his prime was pretty hard to hate.  I also really like Eichel; hates to lose and awesome taste in music.

Okay, I must admit (when the Sabres are playing the Leafs) I cheer for them.  Or us that considered cheer against the Leafs?  

1 minute ago, the grinder said:

just liked he attacked others ,  when we didn't have the same view of the play . its a two way street  

Since this is our Canuck’s board it’s actually a one way street.  He’s a Sabre fan, and posting his views as a Sabre fan in our GDT will definitely antagonize Canuck’s fans.  That’s the definition of trolling.  He should have stayed out of the hockey related threads that could be contentious.  He chose not to, so that (by definition of our board rules) makes him a troll.  

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Welcome back old friend....

....should we start arguing about whether Travis Green should be fired? B)

Only if you are taking the pro fire him argument. He has some adjustments to make but is a good coach that deserves some time now that he has a decent lineup to work with.

I would like to see him address the sloppy defensive structure though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Only if you are taking the pro fire him argument. He has some adjustments to make but is a good coach that deserves some time now that he has a decent lineup to work with.

Green’s defensive systems break down in the offensive zone.  His forecheck is junior level.  

12 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Well, that's disappointing.....we're in agreement....what the hell will we talk about now?

I don't suppose you're a Trump fan....?

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Are mods supposed to have some divine power that allows them to determine if a poster is “deliberately” antagonistic?  By definition trolling is to antagonize.  Posting in another team’s forum about hockey stuff (especially in the GDT when those teams are playing against each other) is definitely being antagonistic.  How else could it be interpreted?  

It's pretty obvious to anyone who isn't a senile alien when someone is going out of their way to piss someone off, and no, their mere existence doesn't count. If that upsets you, that's on you.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, the grinder said:

And he admitted that he could have handled it better, himself.  He does not suggest himself blameless in this.

I, for one, suggest that he was clearly of lesser blame.  If he was some newbie, one who has not gained the trust of many veteran posters here, CDC reaction would have been somewhat more justified (although not terribly friendly?).  It's not like he was arguing opinion.  He was able to see the obvious truth, explained he was watching a different feed, while we didn't see that evidence in a timely manner.  Reminds me a little of "Hands up don't shoot"

People here should have been angry with Sportsnet.  Not Sabrefan.  Instead of chewing his head off, people should have waited it out.  For a number of people, that did not occur.  Had SF not fought back, sure, it would have been quieter.  But who wouldn't have fought back, in a similar situation?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Bitter Melon said:

It's pretty obvious to anyone who isn't a senile alien when someone is going out of their way to piss someone off, and no, their mere existence doesn't count. If that upsets you, that's on you.

Actually it’s not on the Canuck’s fan to turn the other cheek.  The trolling rule is to not antagonize Canuck’s fans.  Sabre was posting as a Sabre fan on our board and in our GDT thread.  That is clearly trolling.  Why not post in your own team’s GDT?  

3 minutes ago, Kragar said:

And he admitted that he could have handled it better, himself.  He does not suggest himself blameless in this.

I, for one, suggest that he was clearly of lesser blame.  If he was some newbie, one who has not gained the trust of many veteran posters here, CDC reaction would have been somewhat more justified (although not terribly friendly?).  It's not like he was arguing opinion.  He was able to see the obvious truth, explained he was watching a different feed, while we didn't see that evidence in a timely manner.  Reminds me a little of "Hands up don't shoot"

People here should have been angry with Sportsnet.  Not Sabrefan.  Instead of chewing his head off, people should have waited it out.  For a number of people, that did not occur.  Had SF not fought back, sure, it would have been quieter.  But who wouldn't have fought back, in a similar situation?

That’s not our responsibility, as Canuck’s fans, on our own board.  That’s why there is a trolling rule that states other teams’ fans cannot antagonize Canuck’s fans.  Sabre should have stayed on his team’s board.  If his team’s board has no fans to talk hockey with, that too bad.  

1 minute ago, nuckin_futz said:

Sure he's a Sabres fan but he's also a Canucks fan. The Canucks are his 2nd favorite team and he genuinely cheers for them.

Your post sums up why he left. He appeared genuinely hurt when it was made clear to him that he's a guest here. He was no more a guest here than any of us. He was a knowledgeable valuable member, both on hockey matters and in "off topic".

Treating a Canucks fan that shabbily was a low point for this board. Especially one who had been posting nearly 8 years. It does not matter if he cheers for his hometown team more. He's a Canucks fan. He's one of us.

@SabreFan1 if you're reading this, the board is worse off for your absence.

Can a true fan have more than one team?  I’d say if a poster has more than one team they are not a true fan of any team, because they are not (by their own actions) fanatical.  Regardless it’s our board, so any fan would have to post from our fans’ point of view or they would be antagonistic, hence trolling.  

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

That’s not our responsibility, as Canuck’s fans, on our own board.  That’s why there is a trolling rule that states other teams’ fans cannot antagonize Canuck’s fans.  Sabre should have stayed on his team’s board.  If his team’s board has no fans to talk hockey with, that too bad.  

It's also not up to "us" to police it (that's a board rule, too, btw).  If there's a problem, PM a mod, don't be an a-hole to the guy.  SF was not a stranger.  To my knowledge, prior to the event, he was no more trolling than trading jabs with friends.  Did anyone complain to a mod then? 

When SHTF over the non-goal, that's when people lost it.  I've heard a variety of reasons defending the attacks, and so far not one of them is all that reasonable, IMO.  When he was defending himself, he may have crossed a line, "antagonizing", if you will. But he wasn't the first to cross the line.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Can a true fan have more than one team?  I’d say if a poster has more than one team they are not a true fan of any team, because they are not (by their own actions) fanatical.  Regardless it’s our board, so any fan would have to post from our fans’ point of view or they would be antagonistic, hence trolling.  

What defines a true fan?  Are the people here begging for Green to be fired a true fan?  or the ones slagging any number of Canucks?

There is no single point of view when it comes to being a fan.