Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Montreal Canadiens | Feb. 25, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, janisahockeynut said:

The answer is the same to both of your questions

You are ignoring that Benning and Co are scouting him and wanting him back

You are ignoring their interest in him, you are ignoring the obvious

You are looking for cracks in arguments, because you choose to ignore their interest

I am not saying the KHL is the NHL, but if Benning says he wants him back, and he has

Then that is a pretty good indication, of how he sees Tryamkin's skill set and that he values him

I would suggest, you get on the right side of this and pull for him too!

I wonder how Tree fits into our cap?  Would he get Stecher's Current 2 million? 

Just now, Alflives said:

I wonder how Tree fits into our cap?  Would he get Stecher's Current 2 million? 

I think that is the bigger question Alf

I understand that Tree was offered 2M x 2yrs last time

I am thinking 2.5 to 3 Million X 2 which would still be a good number

If he comes in and can play a solid 3/4 Defensive Defensman type game

• Cheers 1

Great game by Demmer tonight. I’m not the least bit concerned about Markys injury. Demko is more then capable.. his numbers are just a tick below Marky and actually has a better win loss record in games he’s played. Demmer has played enough professional hockey that he can carry the load for 3-4 weeks. I just want Marky healthy for playoffs. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, xereau said:

He wanted a bigger role on the team, and they wouldn't give it to him.

I personally look at this character trait as a huge HELL YES PLEASE.

He was great in his rookie season, barely got beat anywhere on the ice.

Tree laid some serious beat downs in that year too.  When he hits guys (whether he means to or not) he hurts them.  He’s just so damned big and freakishly strong.  Now he’s three years older and fully a man.  He’d be great to have back. 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Tree laid some serious beat downs in that year too.  When he hits guys (whether he means to or not) he hurts them.  He’s just so damned big and freakishly strong.  Now he’s three years older and fully a man.  He’d be great to have back. 

YUMMEEEEEHHHHHHHH

Question:

Who gets #88?

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Those were cool but his mobility and ability to win puck battles when it mattered, is what really impressed me the most.

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Just now, Down by the River said:

Thought Demko struggled at times with rebound control, but he certainly got the job done. Also liked how he handled the puck. When was the last time the Canucks had a solid puck-handling goaltender? Cloutier?

The horror of the Luonho years still haunts my sleep

• Haha 1

Just now, Down by the River said:

Thought Demko struggled at times with rebound control, but he certainly got the job done. Also liked how he handled the puck. When was the last time the Canucks had a solid puck-handling goaltender? Cloutier?

We needed Demko to steal that game, and he did.  We can’t be giving up 40 shots and expect our goalie to steal wins every time.  

• Cheers 1

Remember when people thought our playoff hopes were doomed as soon as they heard that Marky was out? Looks like we have another solid goalie in the system. If Demko goes on a run here, Marky better sign to reasonable terms. If it plays out this way, Domingue might actually be a decent backup for 2-3 years until DiPietro is ready for a backup spot. It would certainly help with our cap situation. Although I imagine we would still want to sign Marky and make a trade rather than have him walk.

Also Tyler Madden who?

Tofu a good fit on the team

'Bo getting into a groove

Jake turning into a solid player

Gauds growing his game

Off night for Quinn and Petey

Demmers played solid and kept them in it

A good team game after the time out

Go Canucks go

1 hour ago, bad alice french said:

Miller and Toffoli are veterans and pretty sure Beagle is just as fast as both of them. 
I love Petey but he is not carrying this team by any metric and Huggy does his thing as all offensive defenders do while being paired with responsible d men to compliment and compensate. 
I’m  just saying this team is only as good as the sum of its parts and guys like a Beags Rooster and Sutter are crucial to the climate and culture. If you’ve played any hockey even on a beer league team you’d know what I’m talking about and when the pressure of playing under the microscope and weight of the playoffs stars to wear the snipers down we’ll need the old dogs keep things dialed. 

ya beags can win face offs but sutter eriksson  roussel def are not earning their pay  and provide no grit and let the youngsters get run constantly 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

ya beags can win face offs but sutter eriksson  roussel def are not earning their pay  and provide no grit and let the youngsters get run constantly 

Loui, Sutter, Rooster, and Baer would be four contracts we need to dump, so we can sign our UFAs who actually help us win.  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1