The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Ottawa Senators | Feb. 27, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The inconsistency is maddening. The pathetically uninspired starts fall equally on the heads of the team and the coaching staff.

The players should be chomping at the bit and coming out like sharks in a feeding frenzy. To see them come out and play so discombobulated is a bad sign and speaks to being unprepared.

What about Benning and ALL his character guys?

Never drafts guys unless they are character guys

never trades for guys unless they are character guys?

where are all these character guys when the puck drops?

28 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I don't think that's the best idea. Optional? Sure. However an intense practice might not be what's needed. The team may need some time off to reflect (which I'm sure they're doing) on what's at stake.

optional bagskate

15 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

tanev brings no grit no physicality and lil offense not sure what he does to earn 4.5 mill  other than babysit allstar dmen  id rather have rafferty up here and have 3.5 mill extra in cap next yr  same  for benn as well id rather brisebois get a chance saves us another 1.3 mill 

Yea, this post shows you have little to no idea what you’re talking about. We’re a much better team with Tanev in the lineup as opposed to without him and all it takes to prove that is a little research.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

DirectBrightChafer-size_restricted.gif

coach walks intothe room after a game like last night and says, " we're having a bagskate tomorrow. if you think your effort was good enough tonight, you can take tomorrow off."

35 minutes ago, lmm said:

Hey IBatch, next time you go to a game, take a big sillly sign ir waer a pink tutu.

I kept looking for you last night, but SN isn't big on pictures of biker lookin dudes unless they are wearin tutus

We were just above the reds center ice behind the OTT bench...wasn't as loud last night lost my voice a bit in MTL.  That said here's a picture of Burrows coaching in Laval from last year when I screamed "go dragonslayer !! until he turned around ha ha" ... great idea with the tutu - will keep in mind for next year ha ha 1FDB30B9-D631-4845-9A5F-EA893F77A28F.thumb.jpeg.107f4892efd384d813e70d62267ea9c2.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I’m really upset and it’s rare for me.

Considering the 82 games season, it has always been easy for me to focus on the next game.

This time is different: we played a bad game in Montreal and luckily get away with the W and yesterday we had to show that lesson was learned and put a great effort on the ice.

Instead, we were terrible again vs a team that had on the ice 12 players with 1 or less goal in the season.

You can’t put this type of effort when you’re playing for playoffs and you have to deal with a lot of teams behind you that are in great shape.

Honestly, I loved JT Miller reaction after the 4th goal.

If players are upset as we are, they will not play anymore in this way until the season ends.

I really hope we will make playoffs and I want it so badly for us and for the team BUT if we are gonna miss postseason I will think about this game (and the sweep against NJD, of course) until October.

Terrible loss.

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, IBatch said:

We were just above the reds center ice behind the OTT bench...wasn't as loud last night lost my voice a bit in MTL.  That said here's a picture of Burrows coaching in Laval from last year when I screamed "go dragonslayer !! until he turned around ha ha" ... great idea with the tutu - will keep in mind for next year ha ha 1FDB30B9-D631-4845-9A5F-EA893F77A28F.thumb.jpeg.107f4892efd384d813e70d62267ea9c2.jpeg

is that your bro, the Viking lookin dude?

10 minutes ago, wildwood12 said:

Do you think J.T. Miller and Quinn Hughes deserve a Bag Skate!

Deserve? No.

but they get to participate anyway because it would be devisive to exclude them.

but anyway it is optional... wink

18 minutes ago, wildwood12 said:

pretty sure there have been undeserving participants in every bagskate since the beginning of time.

edit

benning should call it , and include the coaches

ahaha

maybe Franco should tweet it

Edited by lmm

36 minutes ago, wildwood12 said:

No but it proves the point more when players that don’t deserve it have to participate as a result of other players slacking off.

any pro with integrity won’t want to be the cause of a teammates bagskate.

15 minutes ago, wildwood12 said:

I’m just thinking that if I was the coach, I would be very careful when to bag skate.

Because you increase your chances of losing the entire group of players.

The players know when they deserve it.

This team, at the most important stretch in the franchise in 5 years, looks disinterested.

What do you do to "bag skate" the coaching staff?

Take away their sharpies?

1 minute ago, riffraff said:

You’re not implying it’s up to the coaches at this point are you?

It's up to them, at least partially, to get the team prepared.

And the team appears woefully unprepared night after night following the puck drop.

For years now.

What can we as fans determine from this, when about 90% of the team has been replaced since this coaching staff was installed, yet the same problems plague the squad?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, xereau said:

It's up to them, at least partially, to get the team prepared.

And the team appears woefully unprepared night after night following the puck drop.

For years now.

What can we as fans determine from this, when about 90% of the team has been replaced since this coaching staff was installed, yet the same problems plague the squad?

And green's reluctance to play Demko with any regularity is  now coming back to haunt us.  He hasn't had enough game time to stay sharp. That's on the coaching staff. 

Edited by DIBdaQUIB
  • Cheers 3