The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Colorado Avalanche | Mar. 6, 2020 7 PM PST | The Darkest Timeline Edition

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

23 minutes ago, Seinfeld said:

Green is an egomaniac. He is going to take his awful idea of LE being a defensively responsible winger thus he deserves to be in the top-six to the grave it seems like. It's not rocket science. You put your six best players who have shown to have chemistry and success in the past in the top-six. Easy. Simple. Yet, Green thinks he's Scotty Bowman reincarnated and is trying to justify his terrible lineup decisions by being stubborn about it. Anyone remember why he took Virtanen off the top line for no apparent reason??

because he stopped playing well, he was good for a bit but then his bad habits started to show up

• Wat 1

30 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Green said something about the team giving 100% the rest of the season, how is he going to accomplish that when he couldn’t for the first 80% of the season, just lip service IMHO.

I don’t know man, they’ve played pretty hard outside a couple vets maybe. Just some dumb mistakes

Edited by Devron44

I don’t care about anything the media or the team sais as of now. The fact of the matter is that us, the fans, just want to know that the players and the coaches care, and are aware that the playoff hunt has begun, and that we’ve been too passive the last 4 games.

what the fans really want, is for the entire team to have a closed meeting, and to see the team focused, rejuvenated and motivated tonight, to start our actual playoff push. 

that’s all i’ve wanted to see since the ottawa collapse. A fricking meeting. Some awareness. Some reaction. I don’t care about line combinations, I trust every single one of our players, as long as I feel like they actually care and are trying. To me, Sutter and Roussel haven’t, but I hope they can turn it around, as they are leaders on this team.  Roussel was fired up last game, let’s hope he keeps it up. Guy’s had a tough year what with the injury and the late start to the season. 

15 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

I wonder what the reason for the scratch is.

Impending trade to Vancouver for Benn and Stecher. Will be on the third pairing with Nikita Tryamkin to help him ease back into NHL life.

Yes, I am aware that the deadline has passed. I'm just very stoned right now and that's the best I can do.

• Cheers 3
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, mll said:

Here are the teams younger than the Canucks.  Was done the 1st weekend of the season.  

COL   25.7

CBJ - NYR - CAR   25.8

TOR  26.1

WPG 26.2

BUF - ANA  26.3

NJ - PHI   26.5

MTL  26.8

FLA  CGY  27.0

EDM  27.1

OTT 27.2

VAN 27.5

average age 27.3

So if we take out Beagle and Eriksson. I’m guessing we are in they top 5-10?

Colorado and Philly really jump out. But aside from that all fringe and non playoff teams.

interesting 

5th straight loss coming up....they have no hope of beating this high flying team with their current mindset, lack of puck luck, 3rd period collapses and no Marky to save their asses. Just so sad....oh well ....hopefully TG gets his ass fired at the end of the season.... Sigh...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, NeilColville said:

Virtanen has been a hell of a lot more useful this year than Eriksson has been in his entire time here in Vancouver. 

Not according to Green.  Even though Jake was fabulous in our top six last game, Green dropped Jake to the bottom six.  Just listened to Green saying he wants Loui with Bo.  

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I think the Canucks are 2 years behind EDM. So, they're getting there.

What turned EDM from pretender to contender? Holland and Tippett.

Smart player moves and good coaching make a big difference  

Yeah those things and 2 of the best players on the planet.

Just now, Bure2Win said:

Yeah those things and 2 of the best players on the planet.

Those two players were total losers until Tippet.  Tippet plays the trap, and forces neutral zone turnovers.  CM and LD feast on neutral zone turnovers.  Wish we had Tippet, and his systems. 

I made a post about this a couple months ago, imagine JB traded away a young, big body Dman and cpl years later he turned out to a Ryan Graves. He'd get run out of town.

Top pair

6'5  220 lbs

26Pts

plus 44

He's RFA this summer,will need a big pay raise

NYR made huge mistake with that trade.

Sakic needs a GM of year award.

• Cheers 3