The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks VS Columbus March 8 (We were so excited about playing Columbus no one made a GDT thread edition)

Rate this topic

CaptKirk888

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

100% agree.  JB basically declared the rebuild over last summer when he traded for Miller and signed Myers.  He’s moved picks and prospects to make the team better.  I don’t understand why he doesn’t give that roster the best coach too? 

Agreed that Thats why I was nervous picking up Toffoli...not because of Toffoli but because we were loading up and not addressing the fact that we still had Green 

I knew we would play well against Colorado because it seems we look ahead to big games and let up ahead and after those big games 

there is no time for that pattern to repeat now 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

Thanks for stepping up with this - appreciated.

Although, maybe no GDT isn't a bad idea these days?  LOL

Canucks are facing a tired team playing a back to back but, with that being said, I watched the game last night and Columbus is TOUGH.  Oilers were lucky in that one.

Have to go at them...too many passes is a mistake against them.  Also...their goaltending was fairly weak so lots of shots is a good idea.

I've seconded that. Columbus outplayed Oilers. Canucks need 110% tonight. Hope that still feel upset after that 3rd period in Columbus

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, billabong said:

Not surprised boeser is back so early 

they didn’t know what was goin on with him and a rib injury isn’t that serious...a nagging one for sure but playable 

too bad it’ll probably cost macewan his spot and not you-know-who 

When Beagle comes back, Loui might sit. 

PK is as important as PP and anything else in the game and we are down to playing JT on the PK.  

The young guy that will take Loui off the team will be Jasek next year, Mark my words!

1 hour ago, billabong said:

Not surprised boeser is back so early 

they didn’t know what was goin on with him and a rib injury isn’t that serious...a nagging one for sure but playable 

too bad it’ll probably cost macewan his spot and not you-know-who 

If it was the cartilage in the rib then it makes sense. Those injuries can take longer and be more unpredictable and harder to manage. I would imagine Boeser is still a week away

1 hour ago, Davathor said:

Hopefully CBJ's stars dont take over again. We were able to hold MacKinnon off, but better be wary of.... Bemstrom and uh.. Nutella... and their stellar goaltending with Merkszilikins

They played Edmonton last night so you’d think that would be against them. That being said, we always lose games that we “should” win

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

When Boeser and Beagle come back:

Miller        Pettersson     Toffoli

Pearson   Horvat            Boeser

Roussel   Gaudette       MacEwen

Motte       Beagle           Virtanen

Loui and Sutter better be sitting in the press box...

I’d rock Toffoli with Bo. Can still play shutdown minutes 

• Huggy Bear 1

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

While I agree with your projected line up when healthy, I assume ZM will be taken out to keep Sutter in the line up

1 minute ago, Canuckster86 said:

While I agree with your projected line up when healthy, I assume ZM will be taken out to keep Sutter in the line up

That would be insane.  Zack is the perfect player for the playoffs.  Sutter is a has been.  Green should be fired immediately and sent to Siberia if that happens...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

That would be insane.  Zack is the perfect player for the playoffs.  Sutter is a has been.  Green should be fired immediately and sent to Siberia if that happens...

Funny thing is, after we fire Green if he wants to coach in the pros he will have to go to the KHL.  So, it just might be Siberia.  

• Haha 2

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Yes, Zack is better suited for the grind for sure I fully agree. As long as LoserSSon doesn't seen any ice when we are healthy I will be happy. I think they put Sutter in for a couple reasons: his experience, pk ability and plays C in case of an in game injury

Just now, Alflives said:

Funny thing is, after we fire Green if he wants to coach in the pros he will have to go to the KHL.  So, it just might be Siberia.  

I think Canucks need better Assistant coaches who have proven experience and success leading a good D for example. Baumer is just too inexperienced and he should have just been named Green's replacement as head coach in Utica imo

10 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Not going to happen. Loui and Mac likely sit Sutter will be in..

We have 2 scoring lines, need to be defensively responsible on bottom 6 during this stretch drive. 

I love what Mac did last game as much as anyone but he's young with 15 games under his belt. Defense wins games this time of year.

I love what Mac brings with energy, size, physicality and some offense but Green will use Sutter over Mac.

• Cheers 4