The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Chilliwack RCMP: pls. stay away from Columbia Valley

otherwise

Chilliwack RCMP are asking people at the south end of Columbia Valley to exercise caution as officers respond to an “unfolding police incident.”

Police are on the lookout for a grey Toyota Tacoma pickup with a canopy and the B.C. licence plate PA558R.

RCMP say the driver is “known to be in possession of firearms and his intention is unknown at this time.”

Police added they are concerned for the man’s well-being.

Anyone who sees the truck is urged not to approach it and to phone 911 immediately.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6859811/chilliwack-armed-man/?utm_source=%40GlobalNational&utm_medium=Twitter

heads up for ppl out that way.

edit: now a missing persons case.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/chilliwack-rcmp-gun-truck-1.5542946

Edited by otherwise

9 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Dem are moonshine / banjo  hills up there in Columbia Valley...

I don't really know the area, in the CBC article it mentions SW of Cultus Lake.... I think that's where I went to a waterslide park about 15 years ago.

Anyway I just thought folks in the area should know in the wake of NS, don't want anything bad happening.

4 minutes ago, otherwise said:

I don't really know the area, in the CBC article it mentions SW of Cultus Lake.... I think that's where I went to a waterslide park about 15 years ago.

Anyway I just thought folks in the area should know in the wake of NS, don't want anything bad happening.

Make sure your car has extra gas if you visit the area....

images.jpg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, otherwise said:

If he's in the Columbia valley that's good news because it's on the other side of the lake and there's only one way in or out. I don't think there's any way to off road out of there either. 

2 hours ago, Grapefruits said:

Some are mentally ill.  With the COVID-19 situation it will push some over the edge.  Expect more of this the longer people are cooped up.

Big spike in murders during the Great Depression.  Economy being tanked and people being cooped up, we're gonna see some weird stuff.

Edited by Kragar

10 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Guy has a truck full of guns and the RCMP are worried about his “well-being”??

I feel like we’re all living in Superman’s Bizarro world nowadays. 

That is exactly the message RCMP should be putting out to the public. Helps ensure the person doesn't freak out when he sees a police officer and decides to start shooting. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/24/2020 at 10:17 AM, Down by the River said:

That is exactly the message RCMP should be putting out to the public. Helps ensure the person doesn't freak out when he sees a police officer and decides to start shooting. 

as per his wife and RCMP he had one gun with him.,  he is now deceased, he took his own life.   may he rest in peace and prayers to his wife , children and family!

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1