The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Teams You Think Canucks Would Beat in a Playoff Matchup

Rate this topic

Rindiculous

Teams Canucks Would Beat in a Series  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think we'd have a good chance of beating everyone but Colorado, St Louis, Vegas, and Winnipeg

We're not there with the top dogs, but we could beat everyone else but Winnipeg

For whatever reason they own us, &^@# Winnipeg even though I like them

Edited by Coconuts

42 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

They didn't seem to have much of an issue when McDavid was completely missing from the game.

A fluky hot streak in the regular season is one thing.  Now they've been allowed to cool off, their goalies are both sieves, and their bottom 6 is absolute trash.  You don't win playoff rounds with 1 line that belongs in the NHL  There are very few teams in the play-in that won't expose those frauds for the joke they are.  We would absolutely destroy them.

Edited by King Heffy

28 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

The optimism is to the level of being comical. 
Favoured to the champs who have been one of the best in the league. 
I don’t think we are really a favourite to anyone. Close with some teams. 
Doesn’t mean we can’t beat anyone but things need to go right especially Markstrom. 
What I want to see is Colorado. Those are just great games when we play them. Would love to see some rivalry develop. 

Have you seen our history against the Blues.  We have their number whether it’s this year or any other year regular season or playoffs. Just cause they got a better record doesn’t mean our team matches up poorly.  Just look at us compared to a basement team in New Jersey.  I’d be more scared of losing to the Devils than to the Blues cause the Devils always have our number.

All but Dallas, St Louis, and maybe Winnipeg. We tend to struggle with the larger teams. We Edler and Hughes can contain MacKinnon to a point a night. That back and forth chance trading works in our favour quite a bit we can go shot for shot. I think we can take Winnipeg once we build up some confidence by crushing a team like Minny. Vegas I think we can handle if our superstars can shine. (Largely dependant on if our stars can play well). Chicago would be a toss up if they get past edmonton. I think we can take Edmonton we usually have their number. Calgary we can take.

No

Dallas

ST Louis

Yes but Maybe

Winnipeg

Vegas

Chicago

Nashville

Colorado

Arizona

Minny

Yes

Edmonton

Calgary

I think we have the ability to beat everyone except for maybe Dallas and St Louis. Their combination of size, speed, and physicality would wear us down I believe. They can strike strike and blow up a game. We would need to play really well vs the Yes but maybe camp but we could win vs them imo. We will crush Edmonton zero fear of that we have their number. Calgary I think we can take with johnny "no show playoff" hockey. Lindholm could be a pain in the keester tho. Without Hamonic though, they are weaker.

Edmonton and Arizona are the only teams I can confidently say we can beat in a 5/7 games series, maybe Chicago too but they have the winning pedigree with their core group.

We’re pretty much done in the waters, once a team shutdown our PP.

Edited by shiznak
  • Like 1

I placed my bets, optimistic as they may be. I think this team can beat any other team on a good day. That said I think bigger teams like the Jets and Vegas give us fits. For some reason we seem to match up well with St. Louis although on paper we shouldn’t. Our downfall is also our strength. Look at the game against the Jets...a couple good bounces and that’s a different game. I feel confidence is a big deal for our boys right now. We have the skill to match up against anyone but only if they believe they can. A few missed shots, unlucky bounces or poor shifts and they fall apart. I think we can beat any team, but not likely all of them at this time. Hoping to see a couple series and then next year will be a steep rise as experience rises and fear falls. Sometimes you need to prove you can do it. Guys like Miller, Beagle and dare I say Eriksson could be key for us this year. What happens in the room may make more of a difference than what’s on the ice.  Bo is the leader he is because of playing with guys like Henrik...I love Bo, but I want Petey mentored by a warrior like Miller and this only happens under fire. Go Canucks Go!