The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Anyone know why the early pre lims are NOT on TSN? Looks to be 1 or 2 decent fights I would like to see but can't. Of course the PPV is something that is must watch just hope I can get a good stream...the best site with 0 issues ever got shut down by Dana earlier this year I believe it was.

If I had $ to waste I would bet on Nunes opponent upsetting her...ala Holm vs. Rousey, doubt Nunes loses but never say never!? The reward would probably be quite good

56 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Anyone know why the early pre lims are NOT on TSN? Looks to be 1 or 2 decent fights I would like to see but can't. Of course the PPV is something that is must watch just hope I can get a good stream...the best site with 0 issues ever got shut down by Dana earlier this year I believe it was.

If I had $ to waste I would bet on Nunes opponent upsetting her...ala Holm vs. Rousey, doubt Nunes loses but never say never!? The reward would probably be quite good

I think they normally just stream early prelims.

Reg Prelims start now on TSN.

I have no problem finding streams still after Uncle Fester tried to flex.

I feel what you do too, I think Nunes will either kill this girl early or get upset in a long fight. Pena seems to have got under her skin in a way I haven't seen before. 

• Cheers 1

Wow. What a great night of fights. The preliminary card was good too..

Amanda Nunes just quit.. WoW... Pena didn't have undertooks in.. just a soft choke working on getting her legs wrapped around and Amanda quit.. WOW!!!

Honestly I'm a huge Nunes fan but I wanted Pena to win.. time for change of scenery.. 

Nice 

• Cheers 2

wow I can't believe Nunes lost she was such a dominate champion too heh. I watched the prelims some really good fights on there. Didn't order the ppv but following along on some live results sites I am shocked hah

Edited by Shekky

Oliviera with the submissio...

Great fight.. I wanted him to win.. 1st round didn't look all that great for him..but he's the best submission guy in ufc. Great fighter..  

10 wins in a row. KOd Gaetje submitted black belt jiu jitsu Poirier 

Amazing

11 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Oliviera in trouble. He's gonna get KOd

Poirier elite boxer. One of best in ufc

Gathje is going to starch him me thinks. I favor him in a rematch. 

Olivier with a solid cheat move in the 2nd. Tainted win imo. 

Hes on a hell of a run though. 

Edited by Gnarcore

1 hour ago, Gnarcore said:

Gathje is going to starch him me thinks. I favor him in a rematch. 

Olivier with a solid cheat move in the 2nd. Tainted win imo. 

Hes on a hell of a run though. 

They're not talking about that enough.

A glove grab for a couple seconds that was the difference from DP pulling away his arm, standing and walking away. Instead he ends up under Olives in closed guard. 

Good win by CO though. The guy is a Boa Constrictor that can also bang now.

23 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

They're not talking about that enough.

A glove grab for a couple seconds that was the difference from DP pulling away his arm, standing and walking away. Instead he ends up under Olives in closed guard. 

Good win by CO though. The guy is a Boa Constrictor that can also bang now.

It was solid 5 to 10 seconds and was blatant, got him his position on top and resulted in a lot of heavy shots to Poirier. 

Frankly I think he should get a rematch over it. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Gnarcore said:

It was solid 5 to 10 seconds and was blatant, got him his position on top and resulted in a lot of heavy shots to Poirier. 

Frankly I think he should get a rematch over it. 

I didnt think it was that long, blatant none the less. There is a few you tube vids popping up about it now. People are remembering Conny trying the same trick on DP.