The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

14 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Wow. What a great night of fights. The preliminary card was good too..

Amanda Nunes just quit.. WoW... Pena didn't have undertooks in.. just a soft choke working on getting her legs wrapped around and Amanda quit.. WOW!!!

Honestly I'm a huge Nunes fan but I wanted Pena to win.. time for change of scenery.. 

Nice 

She looked flat. Would never of expected her to plant feet and just bang. 
Looked to me like bad cut or something.  Eventually happens to everyone. 

Valentina Shevchenko, "Bullet" is my favorite female mma fighter. She is just too good. So technical and a highly advanced fighter.

Couldn't beat Nunes because Shevchenko doesn't have the size Nunes does.. can't compete in that high wait category.. she's just not big enough..

Pena is going to be one of my favorites now. I've liked Amanda Nunes for ever but I was rooting for the underdog Pena last night.. needed a change to liven things up. Nunes was champion for ever. 

Wanted Oliviera to win as well so that was good. 

Great night of fights last night. Good entertainment. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Valentina Shevchenko, "Bullet" is my favorite female mma fighter. She is just too good. So technical and a highly advanced fighter.

Couldn't beat Nunes because Shevchenko doesn't have the size Nunes does.. can't compete in that high wait category.. she's just not big enough..

Pena is going to be one of my favorites now. I've liked Amanda Nunes for ever but I was rooting for the underdog Pena last night.. needed a change to liven things up. Nunes was champion for ever. 

Wanted Oliviera to win as well so that was good. 

Great night of fights last night. Good entertainment. 

Mine too.

That girl is a straight up killer.

I had a feeling Pena was going to get the upset. She seemed to have successfully got in Nunes head pre-fight. 

Pena's jab was great, Nunes thought she could walk her down and overpower. That jab landed true and lead to the upset. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Mine too.

That girl is a straight up killer.

I had a feeling Pena was going to get the upset. She seemed to have successfully got in Nunes head pre-fight. 

Pena's jab was great, Nunes thought she could walk her down and overpower. That jab landed true and lead to the upset. 

Yes completely agree with you entire post. 

When Pena started repeatedly connecting with the left jab it was a tough go for Nunes. Pena showed great heart and just willed her self to that belt. From the pre fight interviews and press conference to the fight it self. She came to win and made it happen. Hard not to cheer for a person like her..

Most likely there will be a rematch between Nunes and Pena bit after that maybe Valentina tries to move up and go for the 135lbs belt again. Wonder how she would do against Pena 

But honestly I like it better with each weight class having own champion. Nunes 145 Pena 135 Bullet 125 Rose 115.. 

Works for me. Even though I'd love to see Shevchenko become a 2 division champ. She's a great fighter. 

• Vintage 1

Dom Cruz .... can't stand him. Such a douche..

Pretends he's brothers with DC and loves him..

Threw DC under the bus, talked all sorts of crap about his job performance abilities,  and pretends he doesn't know why there is anything wrong with what he did.. 

Dom keeps saying can't I have an opinion? Even the Count Bisping tells him you can but saying all that stuff to media is out of line for even a regular co worker... let alone someone you pretend is your friend and brother..

Say those things in private.. don't go on ufc ppv fight promotions and start talking crap about how your co worker sucks and isn't prepared... what a clown..

Then keeps asking DC to critique him.. DC doesn't.. DC says some positive things tells Dom he's very good at his job.. but gets told again to say a negative.. DC tells Dom he's dry...

Dom gets mad about this. Takes it as an insult.. what a clown.. never liked his personality but now i can't stand him.. 

Now you're gonna have all sorts of fighters call out DC on his job.. they'll do it for attention.. just like the green hair guy Sean O'mally did today.. 

Who needs enemies when you have friends like Dom Cruz.. 

Edited by WHL rocks

10 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Threw DC under the bus, talked all sorts of crap about his job performance abilities,  and pretends he doesn't know why there is anything wrong with what he did.. 

Dom keeps saying can't I have an opinion? Even the Count Bisping tells him you can but saying all that stuff to media is out of line for even a regular co worker... let alone someone you pretend is your friend and brother..

Say those things in private.. don't go on ufc ppv fight promotions and start talking crap about how your co worker sucks and isn't prepared... what a clown..

Then keeps asking DC to critique him.. DC doesn't.. DC says some positive things tells Dom he's very good at his job.. but gets told again to say a negative.. DC tells Dom he's dry...

Dom gets mad about this. Takes it as an insult.. what a clown.. never liked his personality but now i can't stand him.. 

Now you're gonna have all sorts of fighters call out DC on his job.. they'll do it for attention.. just like the green hair guy Sean O'mally did today.. 

Who needs enemies when you have friends like Dom Cruz.

Wonder if those 2 are next up for each other.

O'Malley looked great last night.

37 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Wonder if those 2 are next up for each other.

O'Malley looked great last night.

Doubt it. Cruz is 9th ranked. O'mally isn't even ranked and he's been taking light competition.. he's a low level fighter with green hair and lots of tatoos at this point. He's not good enough for top 15 fighters. Cruz is 9th... 

Even Dana said O'mally is not ready for ranked opponents.. 

Cruz was talking about fighting Aldo last night.. 3rd ranked. Cruz has no reason to fight an un ranked fighter.. does nothing for him. 

Edited by WHL rocks

2 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Who needs enemies when you have friends like Dom Cruz.. 

DC was absolutely awful at his job for a very long time. I never cheered for him once in a fight and when he started he had no place being ringside calling fights. But now he is actually pretty good at it and has grown on me. 

2 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Doubt it. Cruz is 9th ranked. O'mally isn't even ranked and he's been taking light competition.. he's a low level fighter with green hair and lots of tatoos at this point. He's not good enough for top 15 fighters. Cruz is 9th... 

Even Dana said O'mally is not ready for ranked opponents.. 

Cruz was talking about fighting Aldo last night.. 3rd ranked. Cruz has no reason to fight an un ranked fighter.. does nothing for him. 

I disagree. Despite being hard to look at, I think he is very good but he's a better businessman. He wants a better contract before big fights. The kid he took out last night wasn't a bad fighter, but he isnt a draw. MMA is full on prize fight world now, belts are more worthless than ever so everyone is just trying to build hype to get paid.

I think you are right that they will not see each other next but the story line is already there. O'Malley pointing out that Dom was on the under card, while he was main card seems to be shots across the bow. 

Lewis with the KO, but then he refuses to want to have a 5 round fight... If you don't have the cardio to go that long, continue to do what you do and add to your KO record then so it doesn't get to those "championship" rounds. Was a silly thing for him to say.

Woodley: Guy got knocked the F out tonight, if people still gonna throw a ton of $$$ his way then keep on doing it I guess...otherwise your pro career is over dude time to hang em up! 

Also, was great to see Cub Swanson back in the octagon and get a big W tonight too!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Which fight are these announcers watching. 

Giga is besting the crap put of Kattar.  Out boxing Kattar. Out landing him. 

These guys pretending Kattar out landing while Giga landing 2 to 1 or more. 

Early on, yeah...Bisping seemed to try to check himself later.

anyones fight now.

Giga looks tired

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Early on, yeah...Bisping seemed to try to check himself later.

anyones fight now.

Giga looks tired

Ya Kattar coming on now.

2nd round it was embarrassing.  Made me want to change the channel. It's annoying. 

I like them both equally. Both good hard working fighters.. But cmon. Call it fairly. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, WHL rocks said:

Ya Kattar coming on now.

2nd round it was embarrassing.  Made me want to change the channel. It's annoying. 

I like them both equally. Both good hard working fighters.. But cmon. Call it fairly. 

what a frickin great fight wow.

gj to both of them

• Upvote 1

I've been up and down with Mas. I didn't like that he got into political crap for a bit but this article has made me like him once more. Really liked what he said about influencing young people with the garbage trash talk. Hope he can pull off the tough task against the MAGA /WWE persona opponent. 

Jorge Masvidal can’t wait to say ‘I told you, b*tch’ after Chael Sonnen’s ‘career-ending fight’ quip

https://www.mmafighting.com/2022/1/19/22892118/jorge-masvidal-cant-wait-to-say-i-told-you-b-tch-after-chael-sonnens-career-ending-fight-quipgh