The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

Still smirking at all the people actually saying we should buy him out.

Even if Burrows never scored over 20 goals again, he's still worth 4.5 for his 2-way play. But he looks to be more than a 20-goal scorer still, now that he's on a roll again.

Looking forward to next year even more...

There really was not a face palm big enough for those people.

• Upvote 1

He is a spark plug for this team. It's why he got the dollars he does, it's why he gets the minutes... And I think that him slumping had an errant effect on the team too, they all have a tonne of respect for him and it was like a voodoo curse on them when he's misfiring.

It may benefit the team and the canucks to separate the sedins. Burrows work, Henriks passing and jensens rifle, seems to be working well. And then you get the sniper Kesler has needed all along in Daniel, and give them the versatile Higgins. Not bad top six.

well he did score 13 goals last year so it's kinda his fault. "Never doubt 13 is a unlucky number".The Apollo 13 space mission found that out pretty quick.

:bigblush:

Guest Gumballthechewy

well he did score 13 goals last year so it's kinda his fault. "Never doubt 13 is a unlucky number".The Apollo 13 space mission found that out pretty quick.

:bigblush:

Is that why I couldn't, for the life of me, get a date when was thirteen? :P

• Upvote 1

Still smirking at all the people actually saying we should buy him out.

Even if Burrows never scored over 20 goals again, he's still worth 4.5 for his 2-way play. But he looks to be more than a 20-goal scorer still, now that he's on a roll again.

Looking forward to next year even more...

Exactly. He does so many good things on the ice defensively, and works so hard that he's always going to be able to contribute in some fashion, even if it doesn't show up on the scoreboard. If there wasn't such a huge bias in favour of centres for Selke voting, he'd be consistently in the top 20 (and he wasn't far off last year).

Please Gillis let this guy go keep Krog or Pettinger or Brown whoever.

First time I actually read the original post was now. Wow, clutch has a lot of minus' on this. Best part, for me, was this last line. The only one of those three that is still in the NHL is Brown, and he hasn't done a whole lot. Good laugh, though.

Where are all the haters saying we should buy Burr out. None of you know anything about hockey and should have to come on this forum and explain why you are so retarted. Stop hidin under your rocks and show some courage.

Sure, I said buy out Burrows. He had 0 goals and more time left on his contract than Booth, it made sense to buy him out. That being said, he has shown he's still got it, and I don't feel like buying him out is a good choice anymore.

Now, before you call anyone "retarted", you should probably check up on your grammar. Also, it doesn't take courage to call people names.

Finally, I feel that a lot of people on these forums who called for Burrows head know a little bit of what they are talking about. If he had ended this season with 0 goals, on a team that is dying to win a Stanley Cup, you bet your ass a lot more people would have been screaming for him to go.

This market is all about, "What have you done for me lately".

• Upvote 1

Sure, I said buy out Burrows. He had 0 goals and more time left on his contract than Booth, it made sense to buy him out. That being said, he has shown he's still got it, and I don't feel like buying him out is a good choice anymore.

Now, before you call anyone "retarted", you should probably check up on your grammar. Also, it doesn't take courage to call people names.

Finally, I feel that a lot of people on these forums who called for Burrows head know a little bit of what they are talking about. If he had ended this season with 0 goals, on a team that is dying to win a Stanley Cup, you bet your ass a lot more people would have been screaming for him to go.

This market is all about, "What have you done for me lately".

This is one of the most honest posts I have read here. I didnt need to read further.

Plus 1 for you. :)

First time I actually read the original post was now. Wow, clutch has a lot of minus' on this. Best part, for me, was this last line. The only one of those three that is still in the NHL is Brown, and he hasn't done a whole lot. Good laugh, though.

Krog has been in Sweden the past 3 years.

Matt Pettinger is playing in Germany in the past 4 years.

:lol:

Is this the longest running post ever on CDC?

I'm not sure about the longest running, but the now defunct "God" thread was much bigger than this one. (Over 1000 pages)

I think the "Kevin Bieksa you are really...." thread might have been bigger than this one as well.