The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

On 6/29/2019 at 10:03 AM, Slegr said:

My thoughts - the refs would be throwing the book at us every night.

I’m a big Burrows fan, but seriously, the re-pinning of this thread that was already pinned years past its expiration simply because of an announcement that Burrows and the Sedins will be in the ring of honour this 

We have a very exciting group of new players to focus on and in my opinion if this thread is destined to stay at the top of this forum it should have to do so via member replies rather tn pinn

Edited by Bertuzzi44ever

On 6/29/2019 at 10:03 AM, Slegr said:

My thoughts - the refs would be throwing the book at us every night.

I’m a big Burrows fan, but seriously, the re-pinning of this thread that was already pinned years past its expiration simply because of an announcement that Burrows and the Sedins will be in the ring of honour this year? 

We have a very exciting group of new players to focus on and in my opinion if this thread is destined to stay at the top of this forum it should have to do so via member replies rather than pinning.

The refs already do that. Doesn't make a difference who we have on the team or what they do. It's the reason Kesler (and to some extent Burrows) started diving. The league is a joke. Can't throw the baby out with the bath water though. Love the Canucks. Burrows was great. Would love to see him as part of the organization in some capacity.

Edited by Psycho_Path

Burrows imo is the most fan overrated Canuck of all time. 

Yes I respect his journey too make the NHL. But besides that. As a player he wasn’t that great he was just a solid 3rd liner without the Twins.

i don’t get this stupid thread.

• Wat 1

Martin Gelinas imo was equally and even a Better Canuck with as much or more heart and soul then Burrows.

But no body talks about Gélinas.

Unfortunately Marty get stupidly traded for Sean Burke and Geoff Sanderson.

Gelinas > Burrows and it’s not even close.

plus Gelinas didn’t have the Twins. He just had piss poor new management and lazy ass teammates.

Edited by HockeyHarry

2 hours ago, HockeyHarry said:

Martin Gelinas imo was equally and even a Better Canuck with as much or more heart and soul then Burrows.

But no body talks about Gélinas.

Unfortunately Marty get stupidly traded for Sean Burke and Geoff Sanderson.

Gelinas > Burrows and it’s not even close.

plus Gelinas didn’t have the Twins. He just had piss poor new management and lazy ass teammates.

maybe, but burrows spent more time on the canucks. he was also a far more integral piece of a canucks cup run than gelinas was. dont forget... he slayed the dragon.

he also was also more than just a solid 3rd liner without the sedins. he was an elite 3rd liner.

this thread was created at a time when the value of alex burrows was clear to everyone except for the one who made the thread. it has hit legendary status because burrows went on to exceed our expectations of him even at the time this thread was made.

gelinas deserves credit, but in terms of canucks lore, burrows >>>>>> gelinas.

• Cheers 1

I disagree with elite 3rd liner.

Burrow is so Overrated by people here.

yes the way he become an NHLer is an interesting story. But That’s about it.

i don’t agree with him being in the Ring of Honor. 

Gelinas > Burrows

and neither should be in the ring of honor imo.

Edited by HockeyHarry
  • Wat 1