The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Game Of Thrones: To the point of the TV show, no spoilers beyond that

Mr.Noodles

So I had my rewatch.

- Lysa while pushing at Sansa at the moon door remarks on how her husband, father, and sister stood in the way of her and Petyr being together and they all died. Pointless babble or was Lysa also involved in Cat and her fathers death? Little finger likely would never approve of Cat being set up for death.

- Dany and Daario did not have a sex scene. This is a show obsessed with showing sex and nudity. I assume ether something did not happen or Dany has a clause in her contract for no nudity.

Brienne was just as formal with Jaime who was a prisoner. Her character has changed a bit to almost comedy based with Pod. But friends often rub off on each other and they are now starting to become friends so I can accept it.

As far as I know it was pointless babble.

I think its the latter. I remember reading that she wasn't going to do anymore nude scenes.

My criticism of Brienne's behavior is based off the change from how she was in the books, where she was always really serious.

Edited by Beluga Whale

I doubt it. The Eryie is a Arryn loyal territory and Robin is now officially the last living Arryn (he is even more rare than Dany). Plus he is still a kid. His life may get harder but who would actually want to kill him in a land that is loyal to his name?

Littlefinger? I wouldn't put it past Sansa to snap and kill him herself, and Arya might arrive there eventually. I doubt she'd be overly patient with him.

wasnt she naked in the first season

I remember reading about an actress not wanting to do any more sex scenes. I guess we know who it is now.

I doubt it. The Eryie is a Arryn loyal territory and Robin is now officially the last living Arryn (he is even more rare than Dany). Plus he is still a kid. His life may get harder but who would actually want to kill him in a land that is loyal to his name?

Didn't Littlefinger marry that crazy hag, so now he's the head of the house or whatever? I really don't know how this nobility bs works.

Didn't Littlefinger marry that crazy hag, so now he's the head of the house or whatever? I really don't know how this nobility bs works.

The kid is the head of the house.

Littlefinger may be his legal father now though...which could make him the de facto leader.

I kind of get the impression from BW's posts that his points about scenes are often "it's bad because the books did it differently". Change from the source material isn't necessarily bad. I've read the first two books, and thought that some changes worked well in the show (eg. Arya's storyline, which I found much more dull in the second book).

Apparently I'm the only person here still liking Emilia Clarke/Dany?

I also thought that the scene where Arya kills Rorge was hilarious, but yeah...kind of unrealistic.

Littlefinger's also creeped me out, but I can't help rooting for him a little. He's an evil genius yet somehow likable at the same time....

• 2 weeks later...

New ep was very good. But I really wish Sansa finally took it upon herself to throw that woman down the hole herself.

That's twice she's had a chance like that (she had one with Joffrey way back too) and let the moment pass.

Oh well.

What time is GoT on TV? Showcase says they show it, but I never see it on the Schedule.

Is it only on HBO in the Winter/Spring and Showcase on second run?

I see that HBO has it on Sunday nights. But remember watching it on Showcase.

Showcase picked it up, but they're well behind where the HBO schedule is.

I haven't seen the older episodes on Showcase in a while, so I'm not really sure if they're still showing them.

Edit: HBO shows it at 8 pm on Sunday nights. (and repeat it later, around 10 or 11 I think) They skipped last week because of the Memorial Day long weekend in the states.

Edited by RUPERTKBD

Showcase picked it up, but they're well behind where the HBO schedule is.

I haven't seen the older episodes on Showcase in a while, so I'm not really sure if they're still showing them.

Edit: HBO shows it at 8 pm on Sunday nights. (and repeat it later, around 10 or 11 I think) They skipped last week because of the Memorial Day long weekend in the states.

They did the same thing last year. It was right before episode 9 too. It was cruel of them to make us wait another week.

I like how the show's story is mainly broken up.

You got the families fighting for the Throne. Mainly following the Lannisters.

Then you have Daenerys Targaryen building her army.

And finally you have the Wall. Mainly following Jon Snow.

I like how the show's story is mainly broken up.

You got the families fighting for the Throne. Mainly following the Lannisters.

Then you have Daenerys Targaryen building her army.

And finally you have the Wall. Mainly following Jon Snow.

interesting take

• Upvote 1