The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Game Of Thrones: To the point of the TV show, no spoilers beyond that

Mr.Noodles

Yeah, I'll be waiting for it to just air on HBO.

The thing that bothers me will be how many spoilers will have to be ducked for the next month.

Closer to 2 months. Used to book spoilers but hopefully people in this thread have the courtesy to not spoil it for the rest of us.

Yeah, I'll be waiting for it to just air on HBO.

The thing that bothers me will be how many spoilers will have to be ducked for the next month.

Closer to 2 months. Used to book spoilers but hopefully people in this thread have the courtesy to not spoil it for the rest of us.

Apparently there will be drastic changes from the books, so even as a reader myself I don't want to hear any spoilers.

HBO screwed up big time by handing out screeners for the season, or something. People in the industry just cannot be trusted, even. My friend told me that the entire season will be up soon (not sure where he got that info from)

I feel conflicted. I want to watch, but I enjoy the week-to-week tension.

HBO screwed up big time by handing out screeners for the season, or something. People in the industry just cannot be trusted, even. My friend told me that the entire season will be up soon (not sure where he got that info from)

I feel conflicted. I want to watch, but I enjoy the week-to-week tension.

Yeah, I like the week to week format. Gives you a period to just soak it all in and sit on what happened.I like to think I have enough control to exercise that option, lol.

I should actually sit down and watch this show one day

HBO just finished airing the entire story from the beginning over the past few weeks. They were showing three consecutive episodes per night, leading up to the start of season 5 tonight.

already had someone send me a message with a character's name and a winky smily behind it.

this is going to be too difficult. i've had the vast majority of the series spoiled already, i think i'll just watch ahead now so i can enjoy it on my terms

already had someone send me a message with a character's name and a winky smily behind it.

this is going to be too difficult. i've had the vast majority of the series spoiled already, i think i'll just watch ahead now so i can enjoy it on my terms

If it's Sansa I'm gonna burn down HBO HQ in NYC.

Don't f'king tell us.

Watched the first 4. Think that's all that was leaked.

Now I'll have to wait another month for the rest.

Yeah it was originally listed as 6 but I only saw 4. I watched them all myself. No regrets. I like 1080p but I still had surround sound plus I rewatch anyway. The benefit is I won't feel obligated to stay in Sunday nights for a month to watch. I actually kind of wish shows worked like Netflix where you could watch on your own terms. I enjoyed that binge watch.

Well... is it me or was the season premiere kind of lame, in Game of Thrones terms?

Yeah a little.

I was trying real hard to remember everything. I binged watched all of this a few months ago...watched all the seasons and episodes in about 3 weeks, was fantastic. Don't like this wait a week for the next episode bit.

Small Spoiler below:

Good on John Snow

Yep it's only 4. They were all good episodes. The fourth one ended on a cliffhanger. It'll be 5 weeks of waiting now. :-(

All good episodes? Yeah right.

The producers know they're running out of book real fast, and it's showing in the end product. The pacing has really slowed down, and now that we know they've caught up, it's easy to notice filler scenes.

An example: a wide shot that circles around Daenerys for 30 seconds. That's time-wasting, and it adds up real fast.

The producers know they're running out of book real fast, and it's showing in the end product.

i haven't watched all 4 yet so i can't comment on the pacing, but GRRM has already told HBO how the story will play out. they don't need book, they already know. the show will conclude before the book series does