The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Game Of Thrones: To the point of the TV show, no spoilers beyond that

Mr.Noodles

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 6:39 PM, riffraff said:

last man on earth is one I would be Interested  in checking out

At this point, if I had to cut out all the programs I'm currently watching, which is far too much I might add, Last Man on Earth is the only one I would insist on keeping around. Love all my heavy dramas, but I just haven't seen a comedy like LMoE around before. While I love Forte and Schaal, the concept had all the makings of a mid-season cancellation. And yet, they keep it so fresh, never relying on one set story.

Great episode...Always leaves you wanting more. We seem to be getting about 5 minutes of 10 different storylines in all of these episodes. Entertaining but frustrating.

It looks like a few of the story lines will converge in the very near future though. Castle Black seems looks like it will be a convergence point of some kind. Sansa is heading there and Ramsay is talking about heading there. My guess is the ironborn and Bran will head there too. Then whoever is left will all head back to Winterfell.

My favourite scene was the one with Jaime and the High Sparrow, which should be a pretty good indication of how I felt about the episode.

Spoiler

Roose was a shocker, but it was a bit shallow, like Doran and Tristane. Then we proceeded to waste 3 minutes of screen time waiting for Walda and the baby to die. 

wow, didn't like that episode at all. anyone else feel like that Snow thing was EXTREMELY anticlimactic? 

"so.. can u resurrect him..?"

"no, i cannot"

"can u try?"

"k"

*done*

also didn't like the cheesy cliches throughout. like, the wildlings coming in LITERALLY AT THE LAST POSSIBLE SECOND. or how when Jamie is talking to the Sparrow and, seemingly without any provocation, a billion 'soldiers' turn around their respective corners at once? come on GOTs, you're better than this

Edited by GLASSJAW
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, GLASSJAW said:

wow, didn't like that episode at all. anyone else feel like that Snow thing was EXTREMELY anticlimactic? 

"so.. can u resurrect her..?"

"no, i cannot"

"can u try?"

"k"

*done*

YES.

Demon goddess suddenly feels like a worthless wretch and has to be coaxed by the man who hated her to try and save Snow? I'll just clean up his body, give him an undercut (the in thing now-duh) and mutter some gibberish and hope for the best!

Moving on,

Strange intro to the new Greyjoy.

I am the the drowned god.

I am the storm. 

Yeah, we get it buddy.

And lol @ Jaqen basically saying close enough after her forced responses and taking Arya with him. Weakkkkkk 

• Upvote 1

Great episode. 

Couple unexpected deaths, terrible scene with Bolton's wife and baby. Just when you thought Ramsay can not get more cruel and evil....

So glad to see John Snow return, hope he gets a bit of a hardened edge in his new life. I want him to skin all the traitors alive and kill them slowly!

Love to see more dragon and wolf scenes. 

6 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

"so.. can u resurrect her..?"

"no, i cannot"

"can u try?"

"k"

*done*

also didn't like the cheesy cliches throughout. like, the wildlings coming in LITERALLY AT THE LAST POSSIBLE SECOND. or how when Jamie is talking to the Sparrow and, seemingly without any provocation, a billion 'soldiers' turn around their respective corners at once? come on GOTs, you're better than this

4 hours ago, Mathew Barzal said:

YES.

Demon goddess suddenly feels like a worthless wretch and has to be coaxed by the man who hated her to try and save Snow? I'll just clean up his body, give him an undercut (the in thing now-duh) and mutter some gibberish and hope for the best!

Moving on,

Strange intro to the new Greyjoy.

I am the the drowned god.

I am the storm. 

Yeah, we get it buddy.

And lol @ Jaqen basically saying close enough after her forced responses and taking Arya with him. Weakkkkkk 

Yeah. The first 2 episodes to far have been disappointments.

Was hoping Jon would get resurrected in the flames with his sword and become the wielder of 'Lightbringer.'  The giant killing the archer was hilarious as was the mountain's lone scene.

7 hours ago, grandmaster said:

Great episode. 

Couple unexpected deaths, terrible scene with Bolton's wife and baby. Just when you thought Ramsay can not get more cruel and evil....

So glad to see John Snow return, hope he gets a bit of a hardened edge in his new life. I want him to skin all the traitors alive and kill them slowly!

Love to see more dragon and wolf scenes. 

I feel like there's no way he comes back as the same old sweet, honorable John we know and love. I feel like something has to give, and he'll come back damaged or deformed in some way.

Maybe evil or as a villain? Isn't that what always happens? The hero comes back as a villain to teach you not to mess with black magic. Be careful what you wish for, etc. 

I loved John but I'm a little disappointed he's back. That's so cliché!