The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are you listening to?

Rate this topic

On 4/23/2021 at 7:31 PM, Ghostsof1915 said:

Is there anything this band can't do?

Can't do? I'm not so sure that they recognize any limits. It would be more a thing of them knowing what they can do well, and realizing that there are some things which they shouldn't do, unless perhaps it was for an April 1st gimmick. 

Something which I think they probably shouldn't do/try is "growling". I believe I've listed this video here from a Chinese talent show at some point in past:

*** Just noticed that this particular video doesn't show on the Canucks page (although I can see it quite well on my cmpt. There is a link to another performance by these two located at the lower left of the YT image. ***

I certainly do not see Saiki singing either of these parts. Not sure that I'd want her to make the attempt.

As she has a fairly pleasant soprano voice (with a lot of range in her sound), I can imagine Miku carrying off the shorter woman's part. What to do with the growler part? Maybe Miku could do it as she has gotten kinda' low in some of her back-up/harmonizing for BM tunes, but not like this. 

Physical appearance taken into consideration, maybe Misa would be a fit, however, she has demonstrated a higher end singing range comparable to Miku (limited evidence) - 0:54 mark Misa sounds clearer/cleaner than Miku in this particular instance. Also, Misa seems to shy away from the front row. There's also evidence of a much smaller and a bit older Miku being a brat by bullying her somewhat larger and a bit younger band mate in this video (Saiki::

Of the remaining band members (Akane and Kanami), Kanami doing this would go viral regardless of how well she did, which Mincho being Mincho, it would probably be surprisingly good. There's not a lot of video which shows either of these two singing, although Kanami (on acoustic guitar and back up vocals) has performed a couple of songs on stage with Saiki . 

I could see Akane taking a stab at this as she has shown to possess a certain amount "hey, let's do crazy!" She might not want to actually sing the part, but if lip syncing was the order of the day then she might be your gal:

https://www.facebook.com/BandMaidFans/videos/3306477229409091/

regards,  G.

Edited by Gollumpus
  • Like 1

So, I woke up at about 0230 this AM. It was my fault as I had screwed up my sleep pattern for the previous few days.

I got out of bed and went to look at my e-mail, and was pleased to see that my badgering of various friends to try some new music had paid off (again). One guy put me on to a fairly new group named Dry Cleaning. Parts of their sound remind me of CAKE (more the vocals but perhaps without the horn section). I suppose this could be described as "post punk"?

The use of the curtains in the previous video reminds me of fashion from the Tudor period:

74d7c763e236acb436895c10dc55530d--tudor-

Maybe it's the lack of sleep (maybe not), but I think I like these guys.

regards,  G.

Edited by Gollumpus
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
On 4/26/2021 at 2:57 PM, Canuck Surfer said:

I think Band Maid may need their own thread soon...   :ph34r:

I'd be down with that, but I've never felt that many people were taking a look at BM on any regular basis, if at all (outside of of @Ghostsof1915 and myself).

Speaking of Band Maid:

Here's something which I barely have listened to:

regards,  G.

• Haha 1