The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Yann Sauve Talk

Hodgson 91

he was solidly quiet same with Corrado they seemed to be paired for most of the game like what i saw considering the situation they have to come into

Being quiet's a good start, better to be that than to be noticed for mistakes. Doubt he plays again (barring more injuries) with the acquisition of Diaz, but hopefully that little taste of the NHL can give him a little bit of motivation to push harder at the AHL level.

Yeah, with Diaz coming in now I don't know that he gets any more time, but he did ok last night. He tried to make some safe plays and showed some physical play as well. 12+ minutes with 2 hits (one each on Jurco and Tatar) and clocked an Alfredsson slap shot.

Good to know he's a reasonable call up if we need him.

I say he is ready for the NHL. He needs to up his IQ but he has all the other tools to be an NHL defense man. At age 24 he has lots of time to develop yet. :)

I missed the game last night.......he looked alright then? I'm still holding out hope for this kid.

I say he is ready for the NHL. He needs to up his IQ but he has all the other tools to be an NHL defense man. At age 24 he has lots of time to develop yet. :)

I don't know that I'd put him as an NHL regular yet, but he could certainly be a good Alberts replacement with a little more development. If he can keep from trying to do too much and be a safe, physical defender, then I don't have much issue with him as a #7/8.

• 2 months later...

Any one watching the Comets v's Marlies game today. Sauve look terrible give away after give away. Watching him tonight you have to wonder if his days in the AHL are over

I don't know about AHL days being over, but his chances of playing there with an NHL contract certainly are numbered. I'd hoped he could become at least an improved Andrew Alberts, but not sure that's in the cards for him.

What a bummer, man. This guy had credentials too coming out of junior. Too bad about the accident, guess we'll never know what he coulda been.

Man we got some bad luck with promising d prospects.

Bourdon rip

Sauve car accident or whatever

McNally Harvard debacle

If Connaughton goes on to be a superstar I'm gonna be pissed.

What a bummer, man. This guy had credentials too coming out of junior. Too bad about the accident, guess we'll never know what he coulda been.

Man we got some bad luck with promising d prospects.

Bourdon rip

Sauve car accident or whatever

McNally Harvard debacle

If Connaughton goes on to be a superstar I'm gonna be pissed.

Is McNally gonna suck just cause he cheated in school?

I think Sauve's time is running out, if it hasn't already.

I know part of it has to do with bad luck and injuries, but being tied for the worse plus minus on the Comets, and not showing much improvement, we could use roster sports in Utica for guys like McEneny and Andersson to play more prominent roles.

I love Sauve, and wanted him to succeed, but with him being a RFA this season, and with a number of prospects coming up, the patience for him has most likely run out. He is easily replacable now, most likely will not see him qualified.

I think Sauve's time is running out, if it hasn't already.

I know part of it has to do with bad luck and injuries, but being tied for the worse plus minus on the Comets, and not showing much improvement, we could use roster sports in Utica for guys like McEneny and Andersson to play more prominent roles.

I love Sauve, and wanted him to succeed, but with him being a RFA this season, and with a number of prospects coming up, the patience for him has most likely run out. He is easily replacable now, most likely will not see him qualified.

i highly doubt we see him back as well. seems like an easy contract space to free up. it's unfortunate but like you said the likes of andersson, mceneny, and i'd throw in tommernes as well all stand to see more ice time.

i highly doubt we see him back as well. seems like an easy contract space to free up. it's unfortunate but like you said the likes of andersson, mceneny, and i'd throw in tommernes as well all stand to see more ice time.

It's an odd situation for Sauve, it truly feels like his time is up even though Tommernes is the same age as him and Andersson is only one year younger. I guess his draft position and North American experience play a factor in that though.

Agreed on most of the above. I think this one year deal was another chance to see if he could stick, and they let go of others like Jeremy Price to fit him in. While the accident had something to do with it perhaps, I don't think it was a major factor in any way apart from maybe slowing his development.

I'd been holding onto a hope that he could become a solid #7 defenceman and improve on someone like Alberts, but I'd long since dropped the idea of him being really effective offensively at the NHL level. He could find a career as an AHL'er, and maybe he even finds a way to become a productive NHL'er, but I don't see it happening here.

We'll have similar decisions to make on a number of young players, like Schroeder, Dalpe and even Welsh.

Archived