The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Yann Sauve Talk

Hodgson 91

Sauve had a tough year last year stuck down in Kalamazzo for as many games as he was. Kiss the Wolves goodbye and say hello to Utica. He will get better coaching and development there. Reserve judgement on this kid for another season.

One good sign is when he went down to Kalamazoo he dominated offensively with 10 goals in 32 games. Considering is a big, physical, defense first player that is very positive. Also keep in mind only one player scored over 20 goals with Kalamazoo (22) so they weren't an offensive juggernaut either.

He needs to step up his offensive skill. He has pretty good physical, defensiveness. I think he has 1 year left to see if he is worth a contract, this is his year. Play him in the top 6 with Andersson, Tommernes, Blain, Polasek, Mullen.

He needs to step up his offensive skill. He has pretty good physical, defensiveness. I think he has 1 year left to see if he is worth a contract, this is his year. Play him in the top 6 with Andersson, Tommernes, Blain, Polasek, Mullen.

He has all the tools to be effective offensively. I still remember his first prospect camp and pre-season.... he was flying around being physical and creating tons of chances offensively.

I just hope he's able to be reliable defensively and be a physical force. Just a bigger version of Tanev would be nice.

• 3 months later...

I still have a soft spot for Sauve. He has everything you want in a dman except one glaring and crucial factor is his decision making. He skates well, physical, hard shot when he does use it and has good leadership skills.

I hope he gets one more shot at it with us

I think he's used up his quotas of "shots" What I'd like is to see Hutton & McNally leave school and head to Untica. Each time I watched Sauve he looked like some one had just shouted "Fire" running around in ever decreasing circles to finally disapear.........

• 4 weeks later...

Archived