The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Heat Wave?

tapeboy

I run cold water in the shower and leave the plug in the tub so it fills with cold water. I leave the cold water in all day. I place ice cream buckets filled with cold water in the hottest rooms. Wet my head regularly.

I think many of our buildings weren't made for extreme heat or extreme cold for that matter.

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

20 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Just went and filled up the jerry can, it felt soo hot at the gas station. I was planning to clean off the roof of our cabin so I needed the leaf blower..

F'that, plans changed. No passing out on a roof for me today. 

Was at Ocean Park yesterday. The Mall they were repaving part of the parking lot. I felt so sorry for the guys working on the blacktop. It felt 10+ degrees hotter around the lot. 

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

Was at Ocean Park yesterday. The Mall they were repaving part of the parking lot. I felt so sorry for the guys working on the blacktop. It felt 10+ degrees hotter around the lot. 

poor dudes, and the smell that comes with that job....yuck. 

• Cheers 1

Nice little trick I like to do because I don't have AC just an industrial fan which is strong, but still hot, but fill your bathtub up with cold water, turn the tap on low so it's the coldest and fill it up, grab your swim shorts and every so often take a dip in it to cool down, sometimes I just dunk my head in it.

Even just standing in it helps imo because it's really cold mine is, getting the feet wet cold helps to bring the body temperature down.

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1