The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

The season starts the same way the last one ended with a shocking performance from the man in the middle. Caps need to bear down on their chances they should have ran away with that one but it'll be a good lesson for Carl.

Let me preface this by saying that the Caps absolutely deserved to lose that game. The entire second half was played on their end of the pitch....

...but if referees continue to reward that level of diving, there will be no incentive for players to quit doing it...

Got the 11 games student pack for the missus and me for only 300 :bigblush:

Let me preface this by saying that the Caps absolutely deserved to lose that game. The entire second half was played on their end of the pitch....

...but if referees continue to reward that level of diving, there will be no incentive for players to quit doing it...

Officiating was poor all around. I believe on TFC's second goal, the ball went out of bound, but the linesman didn't catch it and it eventually ended up in the Whitecaps' net. The PK was also weak too, the guy fell like he's been shot or something. It was great seeing tons of people throwing beer at him when he was taunting the fans :lol:

It was good seeing lots of corners earned by the Whitecaps, but the lack of pressure from it was a bit disappointing. Last year, it looked like a different team with the acquisition of Waston. I didn't notice him for the corners yesterday though.

Adekugbe plays a very Ashley Young like wing back role; while maintaining good defensive positioning. High work rates as well, nice to see. Wouldn't mind him taking over for Harvey going forward. Maybe use the money gained from a Harvey transfer for a new RM, Rosales just isn't doing it for me so far this year.

Hanging on the whole game..few scoring chances...so far this team does not seem any better than last year..goals seem to be at a premium once again.

Orlando has the ball on a string ..Van chasing most of the game.

Edited by ShakyWalton