Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

so i went to the game last night

zlatan was worth the price of admission

had fairly close up view of his assist and his goal

la has some nice pieces, they really move the ball well

caps are an extremely easy team to play

they put almost no pressure on the galaxy d when they brought the ball up the field

caps simply collapsed onto their side of the field

in the first half 70% of the play ran through hwang

in the 2nd half la adjusted and simply denied him as much possession

the caps have little else to build their play through

they have some nice one on one players who beat their men somewhat regularly

and after beating a galaxy player simply passed the ball to another galaxy player 

not much build up or linkage happening

lots of individual efforts

galaxy were the much better team

caps are going to have a long rough season

oh, and that penalty shot by the caps

what a joke and embarrassment

Edited by coastal.view
  • Cheers 1

tra la la

a road tie to earn another point

normally viewed a solid or decent outcome

um, but the only reason caps scored is cuz ousted assisted on the goal

and in case you did not know. he is not the caps keeper, but keeper of the chicago goal

and if this was not weak enough

caps implode right at the end of the game and give up a penalty shot for the tie

on a hand ball inside the box

not sure why the team and management was so upset at the love we showed zaltan at the last home game

at least we got to see quality talent on the field

and a decent fit hard working galaxy team

and had a player we actually know something about as he has been on the galaxy since last season

who is left that we really know on the caps? oh yeah, there are those 3 players, 1 who did not play for us last season

i'd go to another home game if the opposition brought talent and excitement to the pitch

that is worth paying for

the home team is not

not sure why management feels fans here owe this collection of unknown players any loyalty at all

i guess it is cuz they were a white caps jersey?

they are a bit clueless in how you build fan support

i'll give them a hint, spend some money on a star striker

Edited by coastal.view
  • Upvote 1

Things aren't going to get any better for the Caps this Wednesday as LAFC comes into town - a team which has yet to lose a game this season.

I notice Jordan Harvey plays for LAFC and has started all six games this season.  As well, Steven Beitashour also plays for them and has started all five games he's been available for.  I was sorry to see both of them leave the Caps.  Or to be let go by the Caps.   And can anyone say we've found better replacements for them?

On 4/13/2019 at 9:59 PM, UnkNuk said:

Things aren't going to get any better for the Caps this Wednesday as LAFC comes into town - a team which has yet to lose a game this season.

I notice Jordan Harvey plays for LAFC and has started all six games this season.  As well, Steven Beitashour also plays for them and has started all five games he's been available for.  I was sorry to see both of them leave the Caps.  Or to be let go by the Caps.   And can anyone say we've found better replacements for them?

caps don't need any player continuity

or fan investment in any star or key player

don't you already know it's only all about the jersey and some history

the 1979 winning team

and the guy who played on the 86 canadian world cup team

just buy tickets cuz it helps you to relive the past

what more do soccer fans in vancouver really need ?

I'd already written this season off once Robbo and his players were fired.

Nobody should have expected different results than what we're seeing now.

What bothers me the most, is that you can move the chairs on the deck around all you want, but it's the same foul stench of this ownership and management group that captains this ship. Don't expect them to change their money making philosophy. From an ownership standpoint, the goal is to be a good investment, not to win consistently.

Sad thing is we just sit, watch and pay for the same old same old while new expansion teams do better than us over the last 3 seasons.

Frustrated as hell. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

Southsiders are gonna stage some sort of temp walk out during the first half.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/vancouver-whitecaps-southsiders-protest-1.5101770

You show'em Southsiders and let me know when it's worthwhile to return. I've been taking this season off.

I applaud this move....

...now if they can just start an investigation into the abuse of the fan base by Lenarduzzi and ownership....

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, UnkNuk said:

Hands up anyone who saw this coming.  :towel:

Sometimes the better side doesn't win. Last night was one of those times. But who cares? A win is a win.

BTW: Is this the first match they didn't give up a PK?

13 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

I meant not that many people did it and it didn't have the effect that people thought it'd be. on TV you couldn't even notice what section they did it from.

Nah, they showed it on BT this morn. Looked decent.

Good on them for tryin

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Nah, they showed it on BT this morn. Looked decent.

Good on them for tryin

That's hardly anything.

It would've been a big F U to the Whitecaps ownership if half the lower bowl was empty. That looks like maybe 100 seats empty. 

4 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

That's hardly anything.

It would've been a big F U to the Whitecaps ownership if half the lower bowl was empty. That looks like maybe 100 seats empty. 

Thats more than 100 seats by my eyes. Anyway, it looks like most of the Southsiders section, they and the RCB were the only ones planning it.

Yes it would have been better if more people did it, but they only seemed to announce it the day of the game. Also, if i was the org I would take note. Those Southsiders are loyal and the teams core fan base.

Love standing with the Southsiders, the best way to watch....singing with them is so much fun and they all seem so nice.

That said, this bishop is not supporting the team this year. A mini protest of my own. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Thats more than 100 seats by my eyes. Anyway, it looks like most of the Southsiders section, they and the RCB were the only ones planning it.

Yes it would have been better if more people did it, but they only seemed to announce it the day of the game. Also, if i was the org I would take note. Those Southsiders are loyal and the teams core fan base.

Love standing with the Southsiders, the best way to watch....singing with them is so much fun and they all seem so nice.

That said, this bishop is not supporting the team this year. A mini protest of my own. 

No one should show up until Lenarduzzi is gone and Kerfoot sells his shares. 

The ownership is a joke. And now with the stories of them covering up/not taking any action in 2008, it's just disgusting.

I feel bad for MDS and the players on the pitch as they have nothing to do with it, but unfortunately there's not really a way to support them without putting money in the owners pockets.

I'm not supporting them until Lenarduzzi is gone. Which is pretty easy since they suck anyways.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Informative article from the MLS website about MLS average attendance.  Which is not bad - eighth out of fifty-one leagues studied :

"MLS's average attendance of 21,358 from 2013-2018 ranks 8th in the world, slightly trailing France's top division (21,556) and Italy's Serie A (22,967). "

And then there's also this:

"Atlanta United, which debuted as an expansion club in 2017, placed 10th in average attendance at 51,547 for the period between 2013 and 2018."

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/04/16/atlanta-united-attendance-ranked-top-10-world-mls-8th-among-leagues?utm_source=TWIM&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=TwimStory3&utm_campaign=MLSTWIM20190418

And in other MLS news:

"Major League Soccer unveiled plans to expand to 30 teams in the coming years, up from the previous target of 28 clubs that the league had established in December 2015."

"With agreements currently in place with 27 total clubs, the league anticipates selecting the 28th and 29th expansion teams by the All-Star Game, presented by Target on July 31. The expansion fee for the 28th and 29th clubs was also set at $200 million."

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/04/18/mls-announces-plans-expand-30-teams

12 hours ago, UnkNuk said:

And in other MLS news:

"Major League Soccer unveiled plans to expand to 30 teams in the coming years, up from the previous target of 28 clubs that the league had established in December 2015."

"With agreements currently in place with 27 total clubs, the league anticipates selecting the 28th and 29th expansion teams by the All-Star Game, presented by Target on July 31. The expansion fee for the 28th and 29th clubs was also set at $200 million."

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/04/18/mls-announces-plans-expand-30-teams

It’s nice to see the league growing, and having financial success.  I wonder how long before (if ever?) we can get elite players while they are in their prime?  

i mean really

can this organization sink any lower?

now sexual misconduct allegations during the time they ran a women's team

that nonsense can happen unfortunately

but when it does, the nature of response becomes critically important

we do not have all the details yet

but seems very problematic when issues were buried for 10 years

and only now is being aired when 13 former players

had to step forward in unison

to demand some better relief/response to this issue

how can this be so??

i'll hold off making a final personal determination about this issue

and will no longer purchase any game tickets or attend any game

until this issue is better exposed and resolved

if this is as bad as it could be

i want nothing to do with this organization until it is sold

steve nash

get off the pot please

do something to address this publicly

this could hurt your legacy

you really have the most to lose from this

silence is acquiescence

response can be as simple as:

i became co-owner in 2012

this issue was not alive at that time

i was not made aware of this issue when i joined the team in an ownership capacity

now that i am aware, i can assure fans that will ensure it is fully dealt with

Edited by coastal.view