The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Alexandre Grenier | RW

b3.

Why no call up for Grenier? I'll be honest I've never seen him play but he seems to be the best available option to get a call up.

i know a couple of weeks ago when asked about grenier, coach green said he still has details and habits in his game he needs to work out. if there was an opening in the top 6 though, i really thought he'd be the guy to test out. archie acquitted himself so well in his audition that he definitely deserved a call up though.

i know a couple of weeks ago when asked about grenier, coach green said he still has details and habits in his game he needs to work out. if there was an opening in the top 6 though, i really thought he'd be the guy to test out. archie acquitted himself so well in his audition that he definitely deserved a call up though.

Think he'd be our next call if we suffer another injury?

Limited pro experience during a stretch where we're playing some of the toughest opposition in the league (Pitts and St Louis, then back to Cali) is probably why.

Makes sense, give him a shot when he has a good chance to succeed instead of throwing him to the wolves.

Think he'd be our next call if we suffer another injury?

tough to say. utica needs him right now, if he doesn't get a shot in the top 6 in van, ferriero has the pro experience and probably understands role playing more so than grenier. but, if its offense the canucks needs for the next call up, he has to be the guy in my opinion.

Well he did skip the skills competition. I think he's checked out, time to move on.

Grenier scored again tonight! Man we have size coming up the pipeline, with Archibald, Grenier, Lain, and Jensen.

if he truly did that, I would send him home for the rest of the season. This was for the fans. If he is too good for the fans, then I say god's speed.

Well he did skip the skills competition. I think he's checked out, time to move on.

Grenier scored again tonight! Man we have size coming up the pipeline, with Archibald, Grenier, Lain, and Jensen.

if he truly did that, I would send him home for the rest of the season. This was for the fans. If he is too good for the fans, then I say god's speed.

It's not like he was allowed to go and decided to skip it:

Vancouver Canucks@VanCanucks

When asked why Booth wasn't present at #SuperSkills - "He's banged up," said Torts.

There was a report from Green (the Utica coach) that he still has areas of his game they need him to work on to prepare him for success in the NHL. He's been able to contribute offensively in the AHL but he is a late developing player and could use the extra time over someone who's been on track for much longer.

In fairness to Dalpe, he's not exactly playing top 6 minutes. That's where Grenier would play, although with his size he might do ok grinding in a bottom 6 role. That's not what they want for him though and they really feel his development is a priority right now where Dalpe has to sink or swim in the spots available to him or risk being sent down on waivers.

No - but Dalpe DID get the op to play...in the Top-6... on this past road trip with the twins.

Archived