The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Alexandre Grenier | RW

b3.

No - but Dalpe DID get the op to play...in the Top-6... on this past road trip with the twins.

Considering my post was before Christmas, and Dalpe did score despite the whole team having very little offence when he did join the twins, I think that reinforces my point.

In my dream world, Grenier works out to be a Blake Wheeler type player. His development this season has been amazing when you consider that he was sent to the ECHL last year and is now one of Utica's top scorers.

How many times have you seen him play. I haven't seen him since junior I know he's tall and I can read his stats

I have seen a few utica games he reminds me of kesler when he skates, long stride. I thought he looked pretty good on the boards too. More learned colleagues ie deniro have mentioned though that his defensive coverage is a bit rough, I haven't watched him menough to comment on that.

I have seen a few utica games he reminds me of kesler when he skates, long stride. I thought he looked pretty good on the boards too. More learned colleagues ie deniro have mentioned though that his defensive coverage is a bit rough, I haven't watched him menough to comment on that.

I heard that his defensive game is strong, although he likely makes a lot of mistakes.

Here's Grenier's goal at 2:03. Nice breakaway and an even better finish.

He also had a penalty shot at the start of the game but couldn't beat the goalie.

Jensen also had a ridiculous giveaway that lead to a goal. He's been much better defensively this season, but he still needs to work on his consistency. It all comes down to keeping his intensity level up game to game.

Also he is tied for fourth in rookie goal scoring and 10th in rookie points... KEEP DEVELOPING ALEX!!

Utica has the second worst goals for in the AHL, so it's actually pretty impressive.

15/96 goals have come from Grenier. He's scoring a higher % of Utica's goals than Kesler is for the Canucks. Don't think that matters much, but it makes me curious to see him at the NHL level!

Archived