The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Alexandre Grenier | RW

b3.

3rd on the team in scoring, best +/-, and 16th in the league in scoring for rookies. Couple that with a 6'5, 200lb frame and we have a legit prospect on our hands.

He has far surpassed my expectations. I just hope he can continue to progress.

There are about a dozen forwards drafted in the same round as him playing in the AHL, most have around 5 points. The only player doing better is Vincent Trocheck, the first forward picked in the 3rd with 22 points in 30 games. 4 points in 2 more games isn't a huge gap, and Grenier is about 6 inches taller to boot.

Not sure why Dalpe is on the team over him. Makes no sense

Because it'll only hurt Grenier's development playing 5-6 minutes per game in the NHL, vs 20 minutes or so in the AHL while being relied on to provide offense. If Grenier's on the 4th line, he'll never get the chance to develop his offensive game.

It's called developing players to be the best they can be. Be patient.

Not sure why Dalpe is on the team over him. Makes no sense

Archibald is the guy that should be on the team over a guy like Welsh.

He's 23 now and has earned a call up. He would actually likely excel in a fourth line role on the Canucks, whereas Grenier's development would likely be stunted in that role right now.

Maybe in the wrong topic but Dalpe has started to show a lot more. If any thing he's at least the reason the 4th line is getting more minutes and becoming a more responsible line. Frankly I'm sort of shocked how Dalpe has come along it takes a good hockey IQ to make up for Sestito ( who I don't mind...the kid understands his role ) I'm hoping come the play-offs we have a fourth line that can depended on for minutes, Archbald might just be the final straw to stir that line. Come the play-offs Sestito likely sits and Archibald fills the position on that line

I'm hope Grenier is seeing light at the end of the tunnel and is ready and confident next seasons camp.

Four goals in three games now. I have no idea what the goals look like, but the commentator on this radio station is really singing the praises, and he brought up the farm problems we had with chicago last season being a big reason he wasn't in the AHL last season. He said Pascal Pelletier and someone else had helped him a lot.

If he keeps this up, call up soon for sure...

If the Canucks want more goals...how far do they really need to look? Dalphe aint the answer? They must be keeping Grenier there.....just like Corrado...for future contractual & waiver reasons.

Just real happy that he's found his scoring-touch & making it muscle memory now. Hoping his defensive game is equal to his offensive out-put. Either way - his future looks to be bright in Utica...& possibly here in VAN.

In fairness to Dalpe, he's not exactly playing top 6 minutes. That's where Grenier would play, although with his size he might do ok grinding in a bottom 6 role. That's not what they want for him though and they really feel his development is a priority right now where Dalpe has to sink or swim in the spots available to him or risk being sent down on waivers.

If the Canucks want more goals...how far do they really need to look? Dalphe aint the answer? They must be keeping Grenier there.....just like Corrado...for future contractual & waiver reasons.

Just real happy that he's found his scoring-touch & making it muscle memory now. Hoping his defensive game is equal to his offensive out-put. Either way - his future looks to be bright in Utica...& possibly here in VAN.

Or to develop.

Archived