The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jannik Hansen

Slegr

Are people suggesting Hansen is as good as Alex Burrows? That's what it sounds like.

Guess what, Anson Carter scored goals like that. A bunch of other tryouts. Burrows cycles the puck with the Sedins. He scores unbelievable goals on his own. Give your heads a shake if you're putting Hansen on the same level as Burrows.

Actually, I think Hansen is getting very close to being better than Burrows. Hansen is a better skater and a touch grittier. In addition, he has a very quick release on his wrister, can elevate the puck, has a damn hard slapper, and despite your hater glasses, he can actually cycle with the Sedins.

Your posts make my head hurt. Calling Hansen a plug basically confirms your lack of hockey knowledge. Hansen is one of the most versatile players/one of the best third liners in the NHL I really don't know why you continue to say otherwise.

More like Jannik Hansen, killing the Canucks playoff hopes since 2007

Are you planning on countering any legitimate points people bring up or are you only capable of posting the same YouTube videos and spout the same garbage time and time again?

You have posts to reply to, rather than doing this crap again and again and again.

You're an embarrassment to this fanbase.

Are you planning on countering any legitimate points people bring up or are you only capable of posting the same YouTube videos and spout the same garbage time and time again?

You have posts to reply to, rather than doing this crap again and again and again.

You're an embarrassment to this fanbase.

Hansen puckbunny #11, I'm just trying to continue the discussion on this thread. It's what people want to discuss, so let's talk about it!

Actually, I think Hansen is getting very close to being better than Burrows. Hansen is a better skater and a touch grittier. In addition, he has a very quick release on his wrister, can elevate the puck, has a damn hard slapper, and despite your hater glasses, he can actually cycle with the Sedins.

Post of the thread. Factoring in that Burrows is 5 years older than Hansen supports the points you are making here. 5 years ago, is when Burr became a linemate of the Sedins and the rest is history. His numbers at Hansen's age were not as good and he was playing on the 3rd line with Kess as his C. Like Jannik, Alex had 2 full seasons before joining the 1st line; registering 3/6(9) in one, 12/19(31) in the other. Hansen's record is: 9/20(29) and 16/23(39). All indications are that Hansen is still developing and will continue to do so while he enters his prime.

At the moment, Burr appears to have the edge defensively and he is definately the 'clutch' player. Burr has also proven that he is a 2nd line player regardless of the Sedins, although his experience as their linemate has been the biggest factor in his development.

Hansen is still improving each year and he definately could surpass Burr in the future. If he sticks with the Sedins this year, it could possibly be a breakout year for him, much like '08 was for Burr.

I'm sorry that you have such a grudge against a Canucks player, and can only wonder what he did to you to bring this treatment.

This is too funny coming from someone who based their user name on their grudge against a Canucks player , who ironically will have better season than Hansen. The only thing boring about this thread is the blind love some fans have and use the exact reverse justifications that you have outlined to defend his performance.

This is too funny coming from someone who based their user name on their grudge against a Canucks player , who ironically will have better season than Hansen. The only thing boring about this thread is the blind love some fans have and use the exact reverse justifications that you have outlined to defend his performance.

Raymond, when he scored 25 goals a few years back, scored the majority of his goals at the beginning of the season. Lets check back at game 82, Hansen might surprize many people on this board, depending on his role with the team.

Are people suggesting Hansen is as good as Alex Burrows? That's what it sounds like.

Guess what, Anson Carter scored goals like that. A bunch of other tryouts. Burrows cycles the puck with the Sedins. He scores unbelievable goals on his own. Give your heads a shake if you're putting Hansen on the same level as Burrows.

Guess what Burrows are paid nearly double that of Hansen. Anson Carter said F.you and left for more dollars... We get it, you hate Hansen. What about Higgings? What about Booth? Does any of them fight? Do they not give away the puck? 'Partial block a shot so it goes in??? Should he not try to block or what... How about being happy that somebody has been able to tap in a few, while Burrows are out.

Post of the thread. Factoring in that Burrows is 5 years older than Hansen supports the points you are making here. 5 years ago, is when Burr became a linemate of the Sedins and the rest is history. His numbers at Hansen's age were not as good and he was playing on the 3rd line with Kess as his C. Like Jannik, Alex had 2 full seasons before joining the 1st line; registering 3/6(9) in one, 12/19(31) in the other. Hansen's record is: 9/20(29) and 16/23(39). All indications are that Hansen is still developing and will continue to do so while he enters his prime.

At the moment, Burr appears to have the edge defensively and he is definately the 'clutch' player. Burr has also proven that he is a 2nd line player regardless of the Sedins, although his experience as their linemate has been the biggest factor in his development.

Hansen is still improving each year and he definately could surpass Burr in the future. If he sticks with the Sedins this year, it could possibly be a breakout year for him, much like '08 was for Burr.

Hanson is a animal on the ice the way he dominates boards and finishes checks. I agree that he is still developing. I don't think comparing their career stats is all that relevant as Borrows did not have as good a roster as Hanson does to work with.

The ugly reality of pro sport is you are only as good as your last game. If the season does not go well this year for the Canucks the two older players I see on the block are Burrows and Bieska. They are two heart and sole players but the Canucks would be faced with hard decisions.

It's a commentary on Canucks fans. I didn't mind Raymond at all. Try again and stop cherrypicking

Nice to see somebody up in 'hurr actually watches the games instead of just looking at the score sheet and highlights.

Different types of players really...

Hansen is a pure forward, north south type of player who can skate, shoot, hit and muck on the wall and if there is anything he does better than Burrows it is his ability to dominate the boards, where Burrows can be knocked off the puck more easily. His only real flaw is he can lose puck control looking to make a plays off the rush.

Burrows is a bit more slick, who can skate, pass and shoot. His style relies on his brain and stick work more than Hansen. If there is anything Burrows has on Hansen is his ability to play off the rush and make plays at full speed. Burrows has a lot of intangibles like being able to play center when needed and score goals from more spots than most NHL shooters.

Who is better? I'm not sure. Would I play Burrows on a top 6 spot over Hansen? I would say yes simply due to his versatility.

Personally I do not think Hansen has the stick-handling to be a top line forward, but he is definitely a capable player in his own right. Do we have a better second line right winger? I doubt it... I would love Kassian to develop into it as he has different tools.

Different types of players really...

Hansen is a pure forward, north south type of player who can skate, shoot, hit and muck on the wall and if there is anything he does better than Burrows it is his ability to dominate the boards, where Burrows can be knocked off the puck more easily. His only real flaw is he can lose puck control looking to make a plays off the rush.

Burrows is a bit more slick, who can skate, pass and shoot. His style relies on his brain and stick work more than Hansen. If there is anything Burrows has on Hansen is his ability to play off the rush and make plays at full speed. Burrows has a lot of intangibles like being able to play center when needed and score goals from more spots than most NHL shooters.

Who is better? I'm not sure. Would I play Burrows on a top 6 spot over Hansen? I would say yes simply due to his versatility.

Personally I do not think Hansen has the stick-handling to be a top line forward, but he is definitely a capable player in his own right. Do we have a better second line right winger? I doubt it... I would love Kassian to develop into it as he has different tools.

Outside of all the fun I have in getting a rise out of the Hansen lovers, I would agree with this pretty balanced opinion.

... And note that, in the bigger picture, the team has clearly lost its depth to need to place Hansen in a top 6 role three games into the season.

Outside of all the fun I have in getting a rise out of the Hansen lovers, I would agree with this pretty balanced opinion.

... And note that, in the bigger picture, the team has clearly lost its depth to need to place Hansen in a top 6 role three games into the season.

And yet Hansen has risen to the challenge and played very well in that role.

Archived