The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coach Vigneault’S Time In Vancouver Is Nearing End

Sully2Cool

Gallagher's trying to manufacture controversy that isn't there. There's no evidence that AV has 'lost' the team as Gallagher suggests he has. What, the coach who lead the team to the SCF last year... the former Jack Adams winner (and finalist just last year) is suddenly not good enough? This based on the team's current slump? By this reasoning, I guess Mike Babcock should be fired by Detroit too.

The Canucks are still within striking distance of winning the President's Trophy again so it's way too early to be talking about replacing AV. It's not a stretch for the team to turn it around during the playoffs and conceivably win the Cup. Does AV still get fired then?

Gallagher is being alarmist, sensationalistic, and just plain silly.

Read that again. Even worse the second time.

Are you kidding TG? The guy has reached the point of publishing incoherent, incomprehensible rants.

Did he leave anyone out? A team full of unprofessional underachievers? Now that sounds just like the Canucks we have all come to love/loath?

Just ask Jonathan Toews he suggests. Why don't you tell us what Toews has to say Tony, or don't play games implying that you speak for yet another player.

Feel free to quote Toews - otherwise save us the (ironically) sub-standard 'journalism.'

That's the first Gallagher article I've read in years and I'm reminded why I don't read him.

The sad thing about him is that a lot of our fans actually think that he knows what he's talking about when he clearly does not. I can't tell you how many times I've heard him declare something in the pre game show only to have someone like Ferraro or Tomlinson come on and say the exact opposite and back it up with reason and examples.

No one has contributed more to the ignorance of our fan base in the history of this franchise; he's never played, coached or scouted hockey but he's always "cocksure" of everything. He picks out players that he doesn't like or understand what they bring to the table, he never admits (or realizes) that he's wrong and I see his idiocy constantly leak down to our fan base.

Burke was a blowhard clown but I wish that he succeeded in getting Gallagher fired.

may sound a bit naive

but he did play a huge role and Naslund's departure from the Canucks, hence he was never in my good books and I was never a fan of him

but he does have a winning record, anything short of a cup will result in his departure I think

It's funny how he always never try what fans want, but uses the oddest combos.

When Kesler was struggling and Hodgson was rolling, he never bumped Cody up and shift Kesler over to the wing just for a quick experiment.

Tanev has some uncanny chemistry with Ballard, yet he uses a Rome/Ballard pairing.

Now the Sedins need a big winger to create space... he uses Mason Raymond.

I'm starting to think that he reads CDC and purposely trolls us, lol.

Archived