The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Confirmed] Alain Vigneault's Contract Extended By 2 Years

Strombone1

Prepare for maybe another Pres Trophy, but definitely no Cup. Definition of insanity is doing the same thing expecting different results. This is also the definition of a losing team.

Flame and defend all you want, but I guarantee you this will be the result. And I'm not a "hater" nor will I go and cheer for another team or whatever the bright ones suggest here. But I am a hockey fan and do like watching many other teams, so while the Canucks will hopefully provide some inspiring hockey during the regular season that I may even attend, once the playoffs come around I will look to my other favorite teams to get the job done.

With that said, just because he got an extension, doesn't mean he still can't get fired if the team performs very poorly mid season.  Wilson got an extension at New Year's just to be fired a few months later, so anything is possible really.

This is very true and I think the best example of how to do it is Torts/Kreider. The kid hasn't even played one game in regular season and was given a lot of responsibility in the playoffs. He had a couple of really cringeworthy mishaps, but he also has 3 goals and 1 assist in the current series. And they were really deciding goals whether on the scoresheet or in momentum swings. Were this AV, Kreider would have been benched for the rest of the playoffs after his first brain fart with no chance to redeem himself.

-Barely beat Dallas because we had a crappy team in 06/07....The only reason we made the playoffs that year was because of Luongo and AV's defensive style of play.

-We had an 8 game winless streak followed by a 20-5-1 streak to help finish out the season. But of course AV gets blamed for the losing, and doesn't get credit for that dominant stretch.

-We lost to a better team in the Blackhawks. Canucks fans can't seem to admit that though.

-Lost a 3-0 lead because of Luongo not being able to win in Chicago. We still came back and played amazing in game 7 and won.

-Injuries are all that need to be said for the last point. No Hamhuis = No cup.

You really need to let it go though, you're just making Canucks fans look bad.

Wonder how you lover feels that you cant decide what team to bat for?

:P:bigblush:

Honestly, its obvious that your just a critic here on CDC. I cant recall ever seeing you post anything other than cutting down other opinions. No surprise your not committed to the team, but thanx for coming along for the ride!

Creative facepalm you have there. I grew up watching about 5 teams that I liked equally, so I guess that means I am cheering for all of them and the only time I really have to wonder is if they are playing each other, which hasn't happened yet. You watch because you care about the players? Well then, there were plenty of people here who questioned their loyalty if one of their favorite players would get traded, but they too got flamed because hey, you don't stop cheering for a team just because a couple of players you like leave. So if you don't cheer because of the coach or the players, what the hell do you cheer for? The logo? Big deal.

As for this loyalty thing, I am responsible for loyalty to my lover, my family, my friends, my boss. In that order. Hockey is a great past time, as are many sports and activities, but don't make it out to be something bigger than it really is.

Well at least New Jersey is trying something different to win the game. Ottawa and Washington both tried to beat the Rangers at their own game, but one problem, they don't have Lundquist in the net.

As the old saying goes, the definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. So if injured shoulder Kesler hasn't scored in the last 10 games, giving him 22 mins a game isn't going to help him light it up.

- We didn't have a crappy team in 07, we were 3rd in the conference and broke the franchise's record for most wins in a season. That wasn't due to AV been a great coach. Luongo had his best season that year, that ultimately won the Jack Adams for him.

- If it weren't for Burrows' late short handed goal, we could have went 9 games and that might have been AV's last straw.

- You say the Blackhawks were the better team, but imo, we matchup'd pretty even. We definately had the better goaltending, then the Hawks both years.

- Let's be honest, the only reason we were up 3-0 in the series, is because Chicago didn't have Bolland in the lineup for the first 3 games or else this would have been another early round exit against the Hawks.

- Injuries are no excuse, if Hamhuis wasn't able to play in the finals, why on earth would you put a raw rookie out there (Tanev) over an 5 yrs veteran (Ballard) in the most important game of the season? That's pretty bad coaching.

- We didn't have a crappy team in 07, we were 3rd in the conference and broke the franchise's record for most wins in a season. That wasn't due to AV been a great coach. Luongo had his best season that year, that ultimately won the Jack Adams for him.

Guest BuckFoston

Ah yes, yet another of CDC's resident "Kreskins" sticking his neck waaaaayyyy out, predicting the demise of the Canucks for the next season. All so he can bring up this post and say "I told you so" in the event the Canucks are unable to win it all next season.

In the event that the team manages to beat the odds and triumph over the other 15 excellent hockey teams that make the postseason every year, he can just disappear and pretend that he never made the post.

What really makes me laugh are the half dozen or so clairvoyants who had the balls to come out after last season's loss and brag about how "right" they were.

If any of you coaching experts had come out and predicted a Darryl Sutter Cup win at the beginning of this season, then I'd be impressed.

Guest BuckFoston

- If it weren't for Burrows' late short handed goal, we could have went 9 games and that might have been AV's last straw.

- You say the Blackhawks were the better team, but imo, we matchup'd pretty even. We definately had the better goaltending, then the Hawks both years.

- Let's be honest, the only reason we were up 3-0 in the series, is because Chicago didn't have Bolland in the lineup for the first 3 games or else this would have been another early round exit against the Hawks.

- Injuries are no excuse, if Hamhuis wasn't able to play in the finals, why on earth would you put a raw rookie out there (Tanev) over an 5 yrs veteran (Ballard) in the most important game of the season? That's pretty bad coaching.

Archived