The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Willie Mitchell, Happy For Him Or Sour?

six-0h-four-

Self explanatory... how would you feel if Willie won a Cup before we did?

He has been arguably their best defenseman in these playoffs, and is used in all situations.

I'm sure if he does one of the first things he'll do is send Mike Gillis a text reading "HA."

Personally I would be happy for him, was offered a laughable contract and said goodbye.

I'd definitely be happy for him - I've always loved him, but especially when he came to practice with the two sticks as one; his hockey stick was like 10 feet long, I had possibly one of the best laughs ever after seeing that.

Really happy for local boy Willie, who wanted to stay but couldn't. He's exactly what our defence is missing. I'm more sour at the team for letting him go more than anything, even though I understand why they made the decision at the time.

i am so happy he was able to pick up his career after that hit from malkin and missing so much time with concussion issues.

gillis had no other choice, there was way too much risk surrounding mitchell with the injury.

i am happy to see his success, happy to see the kings make it this far - they are a good team, a pretty clean team and deserve to go all the way

go kings go

Happier for Mitchell than if Ehrhoff, who left for greener *ahem* championship pastures, won it before the Canucks did. In fact I don't see why people have grudges against him and the Kings-- they outplayed us, and they weren't really that dirty in our series. Sutter and the core guys did a good job, and that def. includes Mitchell.

Archived