The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MGs decision to let Raffi Torres go looks like a good one.

If Kassian improved on his hitting, and Weise/ Lapierre/ Pini (hopefully Bitz comes back) do their thing, while Ballard keeps hipchecking, KB3 keeps hitting and Higgins/ Booth/ Kes/ Hansen keep doing their thing too cleanly, the team could be tough as a group and they wouldn't need guys committing dangerous hits like the ones that Raffi lays out.

I don't understand how referees hand out penalties to him when his feet don't leave the ice, the player he hits are still in possession of the puck, he hits them with his shoulder, yeah sometimes its a shoulder to the head, but shouldn't it be a players responsibility to always expect to get hit and not keep his head down. This is the NHL, not peewee. I agree, I miss Raffi as well, but Kassian can probably be a better fit for us then Raffi.

I don't understand how referees hand out penalties to him when his feet don't leave the ice, the player he hits are still in possession of the puck, he hits them with his shoulder, yeah sometimes its a shoulder to the head, but shouldn't it be a players responsibility to always expect to get hit and not keep his head down. This is the NHL, not peewee. I agree, I miss Raffi as well, but Kassian can probably be a better fit for us then Raffi.

He was like a nuclear deterrent. Yes, people claim that his hit on Seabrook almost cost us the Chicago series, but really it was the return of a well-rested David Bolland that did that. In round three he also took out Jumbo Joe's shoulder, and that shortened that series imo.

Did we miss him vs. LA? Damn right we did. Nobody was stopping Dustin Brown and Mike Richards from running around.

However, he is an oft-suspended renegade, and he is gone whether we like it or not. Certainly there's a better option than Raffi Torres. (We just might not have it yet.)

Archived