The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

14 minutes ago, JV77 said:

And help from the refs with a bogus pass interference call....Take the helped out championships

:lol: 

Both leading a receiver out of bounds with no intent to play the ball, and having a head lock around a receivers neck before the ball gets there are DPI. 

But hey, whatever helps you sleep at night. Enjoy watching Brady playing in the super bowl. It won't ruin my Super Bowl Sunday but I know it'll ruin yours. 

Was really rooting for Minnesota, only because it would have been crazy to see them win at home, but they didn't even come close to deserving a win today.  

Really don't want to see another New England win though, so go Eagles.  I don't like their chances, but they've embraced the underdog role pretty well so far!

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

:lol: 

Both leading a receiver out of bounds with no intent to play the ball, and having a head lock around a receivers neck before the ball gets there are DPI. 

But hey, whatever helps you sleep at night. Enjoy watching Brady playing in the super bowl. It won't ruin my Super Bowl Sunday but I know it'll ruin yours. 

Why would it ruin yours when your team is in there?  I don't really have a team, was pulling for the Jags but hey what can you do when the refs give Pats the calls and then get all giddy and celebrate with them....I actually was pulling for Brady last yr to witness history, no problem with him and the players....but the fans

That was no PI call.

1 hour ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Congrats @Chip Kelly @c00kies and the other regular Eagle's fan I'm forgetting ! Enjoy tonight and the next 2 weeks. 

As much as I hate Patriots fans, Belichick, Brady, their owner you are a pretty reasonable Patriots fan all things considered.

I will enjoy it but the Eagles didn't make it this far just to get to the game. They are trying to make sports history and will not go down without a dogfight!!

Will enjoy everyone gassing up Patriots next 2 weeks. Hopefully this Eagles team continues to feed off being massive underdogs and shocks the world to prove how special they are.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, gmen81 said:

Question for Pats fans:

Do you guys get nervous and stress out before games? Or are you guys like oh well if we lose we already got 5 rings? 

I was a nervous wreck before the KC game, last week against the Pats I wasn't as much considering I didn't think we had much of a chance to begin with. 

Depends on the team. I was definitely sweating the entire week leading up to this game against the Jags. We're off to another Super Bowl and each Super Bowl victory is always sweeter than the last one.

4 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

As much as I hate Patriots fans, Belichick, Brady, their owner you are a pretty reasonable Patriots fan all things considered.

I will enjoy it but the Eagles didn't make it this far just to get to the game. They are trying to make sports history and will not go down without a dogfight!!

Will enjoy everyone gassing up Patriots next 2 weeks. Hopefully this Eagles team continues to feed off being massive underdogs and shocks the world to prove how special they are.

I don't think media will downplay the Eagles as underdogs. The offence is nothing to discredit. I'm just wondering how we're going to shut down Agholor, Jeffery, Smith, and Ertz.. Nevermind the running game of Ajayi and Blount

Just now, Apple Juice said:

I don't think media will downplay the Eagles as underdogs. The offence is nothing to discredit. I'm just wondering how we're going to shut down Agholor, Jeffery, Smith, and Ertz.. Nevermind the running game of Ajayi and Blount

Foles is getting X rays on his ribs after the Anthony Barr hit on an RPO.:o:(

14 hours ago, gmen81 said:

I got hopefully 50+ years left. I hope to one day know the feeling of my team winning a championship. 

Lions don't count

Jays don't count cuz I was only 12-13 and didn't really understand it back then. 

Would love to see the Jays do it somehow, my all-time favourite franchise.

Edited by Xbox

3 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

@debluvscanucks for some reason I remember you being a Giants fans from back in my early CDC days.. I could be wrong. Either way, welcome to the good side ;)

I was, for many years.   But I sort of fell away from them as I no longer recognized the team and had started following ex BC Lions as well (Wake/Dolphins). 

But always liked Tom Brady and my son's been a huge Pats fan for years, so started supporting them as part of supporting him/his team.   It carried over from there.  They're just a great team, there's no denying it.  Today was testament to that. 

9 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I was, for many years.   But I sort of fell away from them as I no longer recognized the team and had started following ex BC Lions as well (Wake/Dolphins). 

But always liked Tom Brady and my son's been a huge Pats fan for years, so started supporting them as part of supporting him/his team.   It carried over from there.  They're just a great team, there's no denying it.  Today was testament to that. 

Probably about 10 years I'd guess

• Cheers 2