The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

2 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Now why the eff would you call that timeout you fool?@?  Wow, gg.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Not to mention going for it on 4th down inside their own 20.

Two absolute "Pete Carroll" calls there. Just baffling.....:wacko:

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, c00kies said:

Yeah, terrible timeout call. Of course the Raiders could have just killed the time, but congrats to Pittsburgh as well lol. 

Does the win push the Raiders into a different seed compared to a tie?

Raiders winning means they play the Bengals. Had they tied, they would have played the Chiefs instead. Going for the win made sense for them (all due respect to the Bengals).

• Cheers 1

It was the Chargers fault for missing out on the playoffs for playing stupid.   The Raiders took their time slowly down moving the field with mostly running plays, burning up more than 4 minutes with no urgency.  The Raiders knew they were in the playoffs and did not want to make any turnover like interceptions.  So nice of the Chargers to stop the clock for them, coupled with a less than stellar run defence, the season came to an end for them.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DonLever said:

It was the Chargers fault for missing out on the playoffs for playing stupid.   The Raiders took their time slowly down moving the field with mostly running plays, burning up more than 4 minutes with no urgency.  The Raiders knew they were in the playoffs and did not want to make any turnover like interceptions.  So nice of the Chargers to stop the clock for them, coupled with a less than stellar run defence, the season came to an end for them.

Brandon Staley is the biggest retard in football next to Adam Gase. He should stick to playing Madden the way he coaches. The poor excuse he had saying "we took the timeout to put our best run defence in" LOL, its been already broken down he in fact put the WRONG personnel in after the timeout. The guy is an arrogant loser, and deserved a punch in the mouth from Justin Herbert for robbing him of a chance to be in the playoffs. Chargers shouldn't even be in this position had they taken care of business against the chiefs where they left points on the board because of all the dumba$$ 4th down calls.

14 hours ago, Mj2345 said:

This NFL Season was one of the best Seasons I’ve ever watched, can’t wait for the Playoffs!!

I agree. That last game, Raiders and Chargers, my gosh, best finish Ive seen in a while with everything at stake. To think the craziness wouldn't have happened had Colts beaten the Jaguars. Im glad Big Ben is getting one last shot in the playoffs

13 hours ago, c00kies said:

Eagles taking on Brady and the Champs! Hopefully the Eagles can get a good start and run the ball the whole game.

They have a shot if Hurts plays clean and they pound the ball. Losing Godwin was  absolutely huge for the Bucs.

Dare I say it, 49ers upsetting the Cowboys? Im rooting for a Cinderalla run for the Steelers (don't think its going to happen)

A little honesty: I would have preferred playing the Chargers over the Pats. Not because I fear New England or Belichick, but I just think the weather conditions would have been a much bigger burden for the Chargers than they will the Patsies....

....and I think we've already established how much better BB is than his LA counterpart....:picard:

On 1/9/2022 at 11:24 AM, King Heffy said:

Fangio fired in Denver.  Won't miss his clock management issues at all.

Apparently Broncos interviewing Dan Quinn for head coach. Yikes! Don't see him being an upgrade at all...

I think the Broncos need an offensive minded head coach or at the very least a coach players want to play for like Doug Pederson or Brian Flores.

They desperately need a better qb to compete with the high flying offensive firepower in the AFC West. Maybe make a move for Jimmy G? The draft doesn't have many inspiring options this year. They need a more proven vet starter.

So it's either make a trade or free agent overpays.

On 1/9/2022 at 4:42 PM, gurn said:

Penny just had another monster game, against the Cardinals. 190 yards to go with last weeks 174.

Free agent, great timing.

Hawks win 38-30

He is a good sized back with some surprising burst! Could be a nice 1-2 punch next year with Chris Carson a littler thunder and lightning action if you will!

Injuries are the issue for him and overall consistency but the peak performance potential is impressive.

I'd love to see what a guy like Penny could do running behind the Eagles OL and #1 ranked rushing attack...

On 1/9/2022 at 5:17 PM, LesPaul81 said:

My fav team keeping the hope going!  On to the Chiefs!!  Unless the Raiders and Chargers somehow tie....

Please retire Big Ben and get a proper qb and better OC with a better offensive line. So much wasted talent in Pitt with Diontae Johnson, Claypool, Najee Harris and even JuJu still. That offence is going to be painful to watch to try to keep up with the Chiefs.

On 1/10/2022 at 12:56 PM, c00kies said:

Eagles taking on Brady and the Champs! Hopefully the Eagles can get a good start and run the ball the whole game.

Yes there only hope to beat the Bucs is to keep Brady on the sidelines as long as possible.

Sanders looking like he might be able to go possibly and Howard as well which would be a huge boost to have their top 2 RBs healthy enough to make some plays.

Fournette is back for the Bucs too though. He is a physical runner very rough to tackle.

We saw last year he becomes "Playoff Lenny".

Eagles need an under the radar guy to really step up and have a good game to have a shot and keep it interesting.

With all the attention coming on the run game, Devonta Smith and Dallas Goedert in the pass game, I feel like Quez Watkins could make some plays.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

They have a shot if Hurts plays clean and they pound the ball. Losing Godwin was  absolutely huge for the Bucs.

Dare I say it, 49ers upsetting the Cowboys? Im rooting for a Cinderalla run for the Steelers (don't think its going to happen)

49ers have a good defence and they run the ball with E. Mitchell and Deebo Samuel is the most versatile weapon in the entire NFL right now.

He can catch passes, take handoffs, throw passes and even be used to return a punt or kickoff to change momentum and field position.

If Garrapolo plays like he did late vs the Rams the 49ers could pull the huge upset.

They need to out physical Dallas though.

Shut down the Cowboys run game and make them one dimensional so Bosa and the d can get after Dak.

Edited by Chip Kelly