The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

14 hours ago, Mathew Barzal said:

First time doing a football draft and I didn't know squat about the sport till this weekend. I tried to look up as many guidelines as I could to salvage my roster so I can figure things out through the year. Participated in a 12 team standard snake draft.

Looking like: 

QB: B. Roethlisberger, T. Romo

RB: L. Bell, L. Murray, J. Hill, M. Gordon, C. Sims

WR: A. Brown, M. Evans, G. Tate, S. Diggs, W. Snead

TE: Z. Ertz

K: B. McManus

DEF: Redskins

Went to reddit to get some advice on my team, got suggested to swap out Ertz and Romo.

For TE's, available are  B. Watson R. Rodgers E. Ebron K. Rudolph J. Tamme C. Clay O. Daniels C. Gillmore W. Tye B. Celek A. Seferian Jenkins

For QB's, available are:  J. Cutler T. Bridgewater S. Bradford B. Hoyer J. McCown B. Gabbert C. Kaepermick N. Foles J. Manziel R. Mallet M. Cassel R. Griffin 3 Dak Prescott

Dump Romo and use the spot on a young WR or RB who might have a breakout season.  Romo isn't coming back for a while, and all of the available QBs are not worth picking up.

Keep Ertz.  None of the remaining TEs are as good as he is.

Here is my team this season, $100 buy in, 9 other buddies. 10 in total.

QB - Aaron Rodgers

RB - Lamar Miller

RB - Eddie Lacy

WR - Jeremy Maclin

WR - DeSean Jackson

TE - Greg Olsen

FLEX - Michael Crabtree/Alan Hurns

D - Houston 

K - Stephen Gostkowski

BN - Jonathan Stewart

BN - Justin Forsett

BN - Eli Manning

BN - Markus Wheaton

BN - James Starks

I'm still deciding between Hurns and Crabtree in week 1. Leaning Crabtree base on NO horrible defense but something tells me Hurns is going to get it done this week.

My team:

QB- Cam Newton

RB- Adrian Peterson

RB- DeMarco Murray

WR- Demaryius Thomas

WR- Randall Cobb

TE- Gary Barnidge

Flex- Will Fuller

D/ST- Texans

K- Steven Hauschka

Bench:

Ameer Abdullah

Devontae Booker

Brock Osweiller

Virgil Green

Chris Boswell

Chris Hogan

Buccaneers -D

Edited by Ghostsof1915

Draft results picking 4th in a 8 team league...snake and 2QB league

R1: Peterson 

R2: Nelson

R3: Charles

R4: Stewart

R5: Landry

R6: Fitzgerald

R7: Rivers

R8: Delanie Walker

R9: Forsett

R10: Carr

R11: Marvin Jones

R12: DeAngelo Williams

R13: Hogan

R14: PanthersD

R15: Gano

R16: West

Any thoughts? 

...I didn't know Charles was out for week 1 until after I drafted him and the guys mentioned it lol. Broke up the RB-WR draft combo and took Stewart the following pick to make up for it. Not to mention he's quite prone to injury so I think regardless of him playing week 1 or not, it was definitely a safety net move to draft another RB after I picked Charles / better safe than sorry. Got Landry and Fitz after back to back making up for breaking up the pattern. QBs started to go so I took Rivers who I believe will have a very solid (bounceback?) campaign. Not the greatest QB, nor the worst...some consistency is what he brings to the table and I'm content with taking a QB in round 7 considering what happened to me when I took ARod+Wilson 1-2 last year and the off years they had :lol: Walker can realistically challenge to be the #1 TE in fantasy. Jones will be an excellent sleeper I feel, I mean somebody does have to eat up Megatrons yards afterall. Gano can be #1 again this year. Panthers I took since they're up against Denver who I believe they'll give s tough time with all the changes they've made and the QB situation being up in air. And was really glad to have gotten West with my last pick. Insurance for Charles and if he's not playing, West becomes an instant waiver wire pickup; better to have him now than not imo.

...all in all pretty damn happy with how my draft went. Didn't reach at all, stuck with the game plan (thanks @gmen81) and I think I ended up with great depth all around. Despite being in a 2QB league, the discrepancy between fantasy production drop off amongst top end WRs/RBs compared to QBs is day and night so I didn't sweat and learned from my mistakes in last years draft. Rivers and Carr should give me consistent points while AP/Charles/Nelson/Landry hopefully are able to separate me from the rest of the competition. Not to mention, Rivers is reunited with OC Whisehunt and he should easily light a flame under him and ignite that offense. 

QBs

Rivers, Carr

RBs

Peterson, Charles, Stewart, Forsett, Williams, West

WRs

Nelson, Landry, Fitzgerald, Marvin Jones, Hogan

TEs

Walker

K

Gano

Defense

Panthers

3 hours ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Draft results picking 4th in a 8 team league...snake and 2QB league

R1: Peterson 

R2: Nelson

R3: Charles

R4: Stewart

R5: Landry

R6: Fitzgerald

R7: Rivers

R8: Delanie Walker

R9: Forsett

R10: Carr

R11: Marvin Jones

R12: DeAngelo Williams

R13: Hogan

R14: PanthersD

R15: Gano

R16: West

Any thoughts? 

...I didn't know Charles was out for week 1 until after I drafted him and the guys mentioned it lol. Broke up the RB-WR draft combo and took Stewart the following pick to make up for it. Not to mention he's quite prone to injury so I think regardless of him playing week 1 or not, it was definitely a safety net move to draft another RB after I picked Charles / better safe than sorry. Got Landry and Fitz after back to back making up for breaking up the pattern. QBs started to go so I took Rivers who I believe will have a very solid (bounceback?) campaign. Not the greatest QB, nor the worst...some consistency is what he brings to the table and I'm content with taking a QB in round 7 considering what happened to me when I took ARod+Wilson 1-2 last year and the off years they had :lol: Walker can realistically challenge to be the #1 TE in fantasy. Jones will be an excellent sleeper I feel, I mean somebody does have to eat up Megatrons yards afterall. Gano can be #1 again this year. Panthers I took since they're up against Denver who I believe they'll give s tough time with all the changes they've made and the QB situation being up in air. And was really glad to have gotten West with my last pick. Insurance for Charles and if he's not playing, West becomes an instant waiver wire pickup; better to have him now than not imo.

...all in all pretty damn happy with how my draft went. Didn't reach at all, stuck with the game plan (thanks @gmen81) and I think I ended up with great depth all around. Despite being in a 2QB league, the discrepancy between fantasy production drop off amongst top end WRs/RBs compared to QBs is day and night so I didn't sweat and learned from my mistakes in last years draft. Rivers and Carr should give me consistent points while AP/Charles/Nelson/Landry hopefully are able to separate me from the rest of the competition. Not to mention, Rivers is reunited with OC Whisehunt and he should easily light a flame under him and ignite that offense. 

QBs

Rivers, Carr

RBs

Peterson, Charles, Stewart, Forsett, Williams, West

WRs

Nelson, Landry, Fitzgerald, Marvin Jones, Hogan

TEs

Walker

K

Gano

Defense

Panthers

Im in the exactly the same boat with Charles.  Need him to go on IR so I can grab ware ffs

7 minutes ago, lethunder said:

10 team draft last night. Here's my lineup:

Qb: Brady, Cousins

Rb: Peterson, Bell, Gore, Stewart, Williams, Michael, Powell

Wr: Cooks, Cobb, Decker, Saunders, Gordon, T. Benjamin 

Te: Cooks

D: Raiders

K: Boswell

Thoughts?

Oakland is going to have to be better on run defence to make your D pick worth it. 

So annoyed I was out of town/country for my fantasy draft.  Team doesn't look that bad, but still miss the event itself.  14 person ppr league

QB: Newton

RB: David Johnson

RB: Deangelo Williams

WR: Jordy Nelson

WR: Kelvin Benjamin

TE: Eric Ebron (Will be replaced by Eifert on my bench when healthy)

Flex: Matt Jones

K: Blair Walsh

Def: Rams

Bench: Tyler Eifert, Matt Stafford, Devante Parker, Tevin Coleman and Isaiah Crowell

Considering dropping either Coleman or Crowell for Terrelle Pryor but not sure.  What do you guys think?

Gonna try something new here and I may or may not continue it all year, but I am going to give my picks w/spread and my o/u for each game. I also may or may not give out my favorite plays for Draft Kings. You guys can thank me later or punch me in the face later.

3 man keeper, 12 team league.

I went for it hard last year, and traded down a few picks.  I only had 4 picks in the first 6 rounds.  4 in the last 2.

I knew my depth was going to be awful anyways, so I went with some big-time boom-or-bust guys in the later rounds.

QB: Wilson

RB1: AP

RB2: Freeman

WR1: Evans

WR2: DT (I really dislike making this pick, I hate DT)

TE: Ertz

K: Catanzaro

D: Arizona

Flex: Michael Floyd

Bench: Melvin Gordon

Bench: Abdullah

Bench: Philip Dorsett

Bench: Paul Perkins

Bench: Steve Smith Sr.

Bench: Jerick McKinnon

Edited by Jägermeister

5 hours ago, canuckfan_21 said:

So annoyed I was out of town/country for my fantasy draft.  Team doesn't look that bad, but still miss the event itself.  14 person ppr league

QB: Newton

RB: David Johnson

RB: Deangelo Williams

WR: Jordy Nelson

WR: Kelvin Benjamin

TE: Eric Ebron (Will be replaced by Eifert on my bench when healthy)

Flex: Matt Jones

K: Blair Walsh

Def: Rams

Bench: Tyler Eifert, Matt Stafford, Devante Parker, Tevin Coleman and Isaiah Crowell

Considering dropping either Coleman or Crowell for Terrelle Pryor but not sure.  What do you guys think?

I wouldn't drop either of those guys for Pryor.

All it takes is 1 injury for Coleman or Crowell to be startable players.  Pryor still needs a lot to go his way to be fantasy relevant.