The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

11 minutes ago, Neversummer said:

What's the over and under for how many 'Omaha's' this Sunday?

Haven't seen that one yet, but there are some funny ones here:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/02/super-bowl-50-prop-bets-gambling-cam-newton-peyton-manning-retire

2. WILL PEYTON MANNING BE SEEN CRYING AT ANY POINT DURING THE ENTIRE BROADCAST?

Yes +600 (6/1)
No -1200 (1/12)

37. CROSS SPORT PROPS – WHAT WILL BE HIGHER?

Arsenal Total Goals on Feb. 7th
Peyton Manning TD Passes

8 hours ago, M A K A V E L I 96 said:

TRR, explain this. Why was the deflator referring to himself as "The Deflator" in text messages? Their lawyers came up with the excuse that he was trying to lose weight (deflate himself). Hahahahaha.

My friend refers to himself as the milf hunter because he only tries to [unsuccessfully] pick up older ladies. 

:lol:

13 hours ago, M A K A V E L I 96 said:

TRR, explain this. Why was the deflator referring to himself as "The Deflator" in text messages? Their lawyers came up with the excuse that he was trying to lose weight (deflate himself). Hahahahaha.

Well it was blown out of proportion to get the public to ride it and here we have exhibit A lol.

And the deflator nickname, wrong. McNally only referred himself once in May of 2014. No where else has that term came up. With the court not being a house of public opinion like the NFL deceived the fans by leaking the "deflator" stuff and people riding it, it held no meaning and didn't hold up in the case. The "deflator" even got his job back because of it so yea. 

...If I send a text message to a friend in May talking about how I like to drive fast, and then I go through a speed trap eight months later, and the speed gun says I was driving within the speed limit, how is the text message even relevant? There is literally no evidence of tampering last January. How do I know this? I read the transcript from the trial when Judge Berman asked if there was any evidence and the NFL’s representative said “no”.

And I mean no need to side track here Mak, all that stuff didn't hold up in court and we already know that. I'm talking about the NFL recently not releasing the PSI data. You can best believe if the data collected supported their theory that no ball tested was below 12.5, they would have called an immediate press conference to end all press conference to tout their findings.

But they didn't, though you won't understand that. I mean you were all for going crazy about Brady replacing an old phone with a new phone that Wells said he could do which had no effect on anything but now the NFL destroys it's findings which would prove the Pats innocence, it's no biggie. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

You can best believe if the data collected supported their theory that no ball tested was below 12.5, they would have called an immediate press conference to end all press conference to tout their findings.

What motivation does the NFL have to give more life to this?    To call into question the integrity/validity of wins/results and further tarnish the league's image.  They did the minimal window dressing and just want/hope for it to blow over asap.  Swept under the astro turf.

1 hour ago, Pears said:

Officially lost all of my respect for Antonio Brown. This is like two or so weeks after Pacman apologized to him but today goes out and calls Burfict an idiot and slammed Jones too. 

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/2/4/10917124/antonio-brown-rips-vontaze-burfict-says-hes-an-idiot-slams-adam-jones

What's the problem here ... AB just telling it as it is.  It's only been 2 weeks, still pretty fresh.  Burfict prevented a guy from playing in a Conference Final.  If this was like 20 years after the fact and AB still ripping Burfict and Pacman, OK ... he got to let it go but 2 weeks man.  Seriously?  If someone robbed you of a dream 2 weeks ago, gave you a concussion, you'd be 'pumping his tires'?

Edited by Neversummer
  • Upvote 3

Manziel in more trouble:

Bruce Arthur Retweeted

EXCLUSIVE DETAILS: Johnny Manziel's ex claims the QB threatened to kill her and himself via @rlopezwfaa @jptrahan. http://www.wfaa.com/sports/johnny-manziel-threatened-ex-girlfriend/32613842 

Ironically but unsurprisingly, the morons over at 1040 (pratt and jake) were saying earlier this morning that Manziel got a bad rap and was being targeted unfairly because he's a QB.

1 hour ago, Pears said:

Officially lost all of my respect for Antonio Brown. This is like two or so weeks after Pacman apologized to him but today goes out and calls Burfict an idiot and slammed Jones too. 

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/2/4/10917124/antonio-brown-rips-vontaze-burfict-says-hes-an-idiot-slams-adam-jones

Guessing you are a Bengals fan. If I was in his position and someone tried to end my career like that while the other is accusing me of faking an injury, you're damn right I'm gonna slam them.

39 minutes ago, Lil B From The Pack said:

Guessing you are a Bengals fan. If I was in his position and someone tried to end my career like that while the other is accusing me of faking an injury, you're damn right I'm gonna slam them.

The ironic thing about this is that Shazier's hit on Bernard was just as bad if not worse. But what I'm getting at is Jones apologized for accusing Brown of faking it, and then takes it out on him too after the fact. 

2 hours ago, Neversummer said:

What's the problem here ... AB just telling it as it is.  It's only been 2 weeks, still pretty fresh.  Burfict prevented a guy from playing in a Conference Final.  If this was like 20 years after the fact and AB still ripping Burfict and Pacman, OK ... he got to let it go but 2 weeks man.  Seriously?  If someone robbed you of a dream 2 weeks ago, gave you a concussion, you'd be 'pumping his tires'?

Not to mention the fact that Burfict and Jones are indeed both idiots.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Jägermeister said:

One day one of you guys will give up on this argument.  What a glorious day it will be.

48121321.jpg

4 hours ago, oldnews said:

What motivation does the NFL have to give more life to this?    To call into question the integrity/validity of wins/results and further tarnish the league's image.  They did the minimal window dressing and just want/hope for it to blow over asap.  Swept under the astro turf.

You're out to lunch if you truly believe that. They would go to the edge of the earth to find dirt and ridicule the pats. Swept under that mat? Yea right...that's why they're still fighting in court after objecting to the initial ruling the pats were innocent. 

5 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Yea right...that's why they're still fighting in court after objecting to the initial ruling the pats were innocent. 

Well they're deeply invested now; it's way too late to give up and lose face. Just like a cop with a grudge that will nail you for something. Anything.

5 hours ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

They would go to the edge of the earth to find dirt and ridicule the pats. Swept under that mat? Yea right...

Why did they order the spygate tapes to be destroyed? They wanted to limit the damage. If they truly had their way, they would sweep this entire thing under the rug. The thing that's working against them is that the interests of one team doesn't usually overcome that of every other team.

The bottom line is that this team has a history of cheating as the day is long, both on issues that are widely known and some that aren't. For example some Patriots employees were involved in things like stealing playbooks from hotel rooms, bugging locker rooms, etc.. 

usatsi_8871419-e1445225087553.jpg