The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

Oh they caught THAT face mask. How convenient

They have called about 2 or 3 on the Lions.

lulay has to do something..he has actually been brutal since I have been watching...TOs QB is killing it

Edited by ShakyWalton

Up 21-0, then take a penalty for hitting the quarterback around the neck, extend Toronto's drive. Allow a touchdown because of it and suddenly it's game on.

I think that stupid call by Tedford started the beginning of the end..a real turning point...who goes for it with 4 yards to go at midfield with TO starting to find their game/

• Upvote 1

I think that stupid call by Tedford started the beginning of the end..a real turning point...who goes for it with 4 yards to go at midfield with TO starting to find their game/

If I could I would have plussed you a hundred times. Terrible decision, you knew the zebras were going to start throwing the flags late in game to make it interesting. Why not pin them in their end of the field? Dumb, de dumb, dumb, dumb. 3rd and long my a**, it's 10 hours later and I'm still chomping angry.

• Upvote 1

Give Harris the damn ball.

The Argos had a guy shadowing Harris for the entire second half. (Which was a smart move) I thought they should go back the QB option play that turned into 100 yards for Travis against the Riders. I didn't see them try it once, which just baffled me, since it seemed obvious that TO was keying on Harris.

Fake the dive, pull the ball back and take it around the corner...

It was a bad call, but it was the inability to move the ball in the second half that really sunk the Leos.

Credit to the Argos' DC. He made the adjustment and Tedford couldn't counter...

It was a bad call, but it was the inability to move the ball in the second half that really sunk the Leos.

Credit to the Argos' DC. He made the adjustment and Tedford couldn't counter...

Which makes the call worse. Given how the offense was playing the likelihood of converting that play was even lower than usual. That second half brought back memories of last season with an OC who simply couldn't adjust. This was even worse given we have a cfl quality an this time.

Which makes the call worse. Given how the offense was playing the likelihood of converting that play was even lower than usual. That second half brought back memories of last season with an OC who simply couldn't adjust. This was even worse given we have a cfl quality an this time.

Agreed. As I said in my previous post, I can't understand why they didn't try the QB option. One big run from Travis and the Argos would have had to stop keying on Harris... :unsure:

Lions inexperience showed big time Friday. Such a great start wasted with stupid penalties, stupid play calls, dropped passes, and a very bad call by Tedford. Lulay still missing on the long ball.

Oh well, hopefully they will learn from it and move on. Surprised at all the people calling for Tedfords head already though.