The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

Lions inexperience showed big time Friday. Such a great start wasted with stupid penalties, stupid play calls, dropped passes, and a very bad call by Tedford. Lulay still missing on the long ball.

Oh well, hopefully they will learn from it and move on. Surprised at all the people calling for Tedfords head already though.

I dont mind Tedford at all..he seems well liked by the players and supposedly knows his stuff...that was a dumb play call however but I will mark it up as new to the team and CFL..are there people out there wanting him gone already...thats a little premature.

I dont mind Tedford at all..he seems well liked by the players and supposedly knows his stuff...that was a dumb play call however but I will mark it up as new to the team and CFL..are there people out there wanting him gone already...thats a little premature.

I will always be reminded of Don Matthews going for the 2 pt convert and the win, instead of the tie against the Leos when he was coaching Montreal.

Sometimes coaches just decide to show confidence in their guys. In both Tedford's and Matthews' cases those moves backfired, but it earns you points with your players.

I will always be reminded of Don Matthews going for the 2 pt convert and the win, instead of the tie against the Leos when he was coaching Montreal.

Sometimes coaches just decide to show confidence in their guys. In both Tedford's and Matthews' cases those moves backfired, but it earns you points with your players.

If it works..its great..if it backfires its dumb..the latter happened/so I cant call it great,,,didnt see the need..they would have hemmed them in their end...as it was..it cost them a TD and momentum..but we will mark it up as a 1 off.

I've read it more that a few times now on TSN and Sportsnet Facebook posts. Definitely premature. Couple of the people I see commenting that though have been against Tedford from the start.

Unfortunately that result wont help put people in the seats. Just over 20,000. At this rate the Lions are going to have to lower ticket prices next season.

Well a Riders' loss makes ours sting a little less. Feels like a win when they lose.

Well then it must feel like a lot of wins this year lol.

I shouldn't really talk though, the Bombers have been brutal and keep using the worse QB (Brohm is garbage).

P.S. I didn't mean to insult garbage, it can be useful.

If it works..its great..if it backfires its dumb..the latter happened/so I cant call it great,,,didnt see the need..they would have hemmed them in their end...as it was..it cost them a TD and momentum..but we will mark it up as a 1 off.

Not saying it was a good call, just giving a little insight into why he might have made the decision...

Not saying it was a good call, just giving a little insight into why he might have made the decision...

actually the paper said that said he doesnt feel bad about the call..he wanted to keep the momentum going.I guess its almost refreshing in a way to see a coach with confidence in his team..Wally and Benevedes would never have called that play..both were not gamblers that I recall.

Driving home from the game I heard Rider fans say "seasons over" if Glenn is out for a while.

Umm season was over the moment Durant went down in week 1, the radio hosts were finally starting to say that by the end.

Glenn being out is addition by subtraction. The guy is nothing but a liability out there.

actually the paper said that said he doesnt feel bad about the call..he wanted to keep the momentum going.I guess its almost refreshing in a way to see a coach with confidence in his team..Wally and Benevedes would never have called that play..both were not gamblers that I recall.

No, they weren't. Matthews was, which is why I mentioned that game against the Als.

Don't be surprised if Smith is an upgrade over Glenn. It's not exactly setting the bar high.

I'd take Glenn over Brohm in Winnipeg. Glenn can move the ball, get some TDs, and give you an opportunity to win. He may throw INTs, but it's better than two and outs.

What happened to the little Hawaiian Antolin guy why is he not playing? He is basically a younger Tim Brown and has the same running style.

He would help spell Harris and on punt returns.

This Canadian guy Shaq is decent he strikes out a lot and does nothing the whole game but provides one big home run return a game.

He is more straight line speed though and is not very elusive and good at juking and making guys miss.