The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

12 hours ago, Brad Marchand said:

The injures to Gaitor and Parker really messed with their secondary. Had to move a few players around and it took them a while to properly adjust.

Yep. I don't think people realize how much of a difference an inexperienced defensive backfield makes, especially in the pass happy CFL.

Once again, questionable calls by the officials had an impact on the game. The PI (screening) call was questionable, as was the TD that followed. (I didn't see Nichols break the plane and neither did the official. I think he "guessed") The guy on the fake FG didn't come out to the numbers, so that was a "sleeper" play which is supposed to be illegal.

OTOH, an absolute phantom roughing the passer call, extended a BC drive and resulted in a score. At least the incompetence wasn't partisan....

On 7/20/2017 at 11:53 PM, Chip Kelly said:

Bono on the other hand doesn't care about sentimental loyalty. He wants wins. If Lulay proves he is ready to shoulder the load and can make this offence hum without making the big mistakes and inconsistent plays that Jennings has as a young gun slinger, then obviously he will keep putting him out there and ride the hot hand until he cools off.

In the meantime Jennings gets to watch and rest and be ready when he gets his spot back.

I agree, but even if Lulay keeps having success I doubt he will want to leave.  Sure he will keep playing as long as he plays well but, it's only a matter of time before he sputters and Jennings takes back his starting job.

What a joke the referring is.  No wonder the CFL has such a bad reputation.   On the Eskies touchdown they called interference after a challenge.  A few plays later a similar infraction occurred against Edmonton but the review did not see it that way.   That is basically what cost BC's loss.

The refs ruined BC Lions chance to win by the phantom interference call.  The score was only 23-20 for Edmonton.   The idiot call was the turning point of the game.

Edited by DonLever
  • Upvote 1