The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

48 minutes ago, Monty said:

Because they're dumb sh*ts.

Temple of Doom is terrific. So many great parts of that film, but none greater than the entire dinner scene at the palace. Monkey brains, life snakes INSIDE a giant dead snake, and eyeball soup! Love it!

If you go to www.firebox.com, you can actually buy a Monkey Brain replica bowl. If I were not trying to continually find ways for my wife to not leave me, I'd pick it up in a second.

I've always loved temple. Like you say, it's definitely 'different' and it's not the best 'film' of the trio... but it's just so damn fun to watch! 

Steve Jobs 4/10

Awful pacing. The movie had absolutely zero rhythm to it. Shoots itself in the foot out the gate with a way too long scene cycling through several Steve Dilemmas and just kind of crashes on from there. Kind of a shame because broken down to individual elements - acting, shot composition, score - it felt pretty slick, but I don;t know somewhere in the writing or editing it got lumped into a big clumsy shape. It did seem to smooth itself out in the last half hour but by that point I was fighting the urge to turn it off.

The Last Man on Earth

Just rating the last episode. I feel like I say this about most of the episodes, but this last one was the best in the series so far. I could not stop laughing throughout.

- Carol's "Masburatoruim" she made for Tandy

- Todd getting deeper, and deeper, and deeper into trouble with his lady situation.

- And last, but certainly not least,

Spoiler

Nut punch on Jason Sudeikis at the end

Edited by Monty

The Quest - 2/10

Jean Claude Van Damme (classic????) from 1996. Such a glorious piece of crap. Racist? Check. Dexter's dad? Check. And the best James Bond of all time? Check. Check. Check.

In all honesty, Roger Moore was the best thing about the movie, and he was really good. So suave.

8 hours ago, Monty said:

The Last Man on Earth

Just rating the last episode. I feel like I say this about most of the episodes, but this last one was the best in the series so far. I could not stop laughing throughout.

- Carol's "Masburatoruim" she made for Tandy

- Todd getting deeper, and deeper, and deeper into trouble with his lady situation.

- And last, but certainly not least,

Reveal hidden contents

Nut punch on Jason Sudeikis at the end

It's back on!?!

10 minutes ago, J.R. said:

It's back on!?!

Yup. Came back on a few weeks ago. Yesterday's was absolutely amazing. To me, the best of the series. And I've loved every episode. Todd and the masburatory room took the cake. Absolute standouts.

17 hours ago, Monty said:

Yup. Came back on a few weeks ago. Yesterday's was absolutely amazing. To me, the best of the series. And I've loved every episode. Todd and the masburatory room took the cake. Absolute standouts.

It was off for a few weeks though, wasn't it?

hail caesar!: 8.7/10

coen bros do it yet again. there is absolutely zero confusion on my part as to why so many people don't like this movie. but for me, i love Hollywood history, and i love satire. so many of the jokes are in-your-face silly, but others are layered and obscure (do 99% of the casual film-going audience even know who Marcuse is?). this is all just a recipe for success for me. 

it's not perfect. a couple of the jokes/characters are flat. some of the constant celeb-peddling was distracting at times. but overall, i thought it was great. some amazing visuals, some hilarious scenes, and plenty of subversion - what more could you ask for from a coen bros movie?

Edited by GLASSJAW
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Toni Zamboni said:

Last Man On Earth...loved the latest episode.

had to make this Gif, it had me just cracking up... :lol: (spoiler alert if you havent watched yet.)

Reveal hidden contents

25989777650_159648d552_o.gif

Yup, great end to the episode.

On a side note, I wish I was young enough to figure out how to make gifs.

9 minutes ago, Monty said:

Yup, great end to the episode.

On a side note, I wish I was young enough to figure out how to make gifs.

Me too.

if anyone feels like helping a tech challenged middle aged man make smart ass gifs and memes I would appreciate it.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Me too.

if anyone feels like helping a tech challenged middle aged man make smart ass gifs and memes I would appreciate it.

:lol:

I've felt like an old fart for years now. Get so upset when I see people text in public when they are surrounded by friends and family, when I watch human interest stories on the "news", and stupid Apple, Fitbit, or car commercials.

Edited by Monty

1 hour ago, Monty said:

:lol:

I've felt like an old fart for years now. Get so upset when I see people text in public when they are surrounded by friends and family, when I watch human interest stories on the "news", and stupid Apple, Fitbit, or car commercials.

Fitbit is lame lol.

Or those crossfit commercials....seriously; what is crossfit?  Wow? I'm good at exercising? 

Ex Machina 8.5/10

Pretty good. Simple. Always liked Alex Garland's writing yet it's still impressive to see such a tight directorial debut, near perfect pacing, atmosphere, music integration etc. The random synchronized dance scene was the standout for me.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, The Bookie said:

Ex Machina 8.5/10

Pretty good. Simple. Always liked Alex Garland's writing yet it's still impressive to see such a tight directorial debut, near perfect pacing, atmosphere, music integration etc. The random synchronized dance scene was the standout for me.

how surreal was this scene?

• Upvote 1

I've been holding off on this for a few days, because I'm embarrassed that I watched it, even if it was online.

Deadpool - Another pile of garbage/10

Not entertaining and humor that is certainly not original or "cutting edge". I know the Deadpool character, so I understand the "shtick". But if you've ever watched a film, superhero or not, and just made unoriginal, smarta** remarks throughout the entire thing, that's what Deadpool is. The problem is that all the jokes and comments Deadpool and Co. make throughout the film aren't things that the average Joe Blow 20 year old wouldn't say.

Edited by Monty
  • Upvote 1