The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

1 minute ago, Shift-4 said:

I wouldn't call it a waste of time. But neither is it anything special. Out of those you listed I have only seen Bird Box. I would give Bird Box a similar rating (not special, not waste of time).

Bird Box was a special kind of stupid. Reminded me of those absolutely garbage horror movies that the studios barf out. So bad. :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Monty said:

Bird Box was a special kind of stupid. Reminded me of those absolutely garbage horror movies that the studios barf out. So bad. :lol: 

I think you liked it less than me.  lol

Not sure you will find Triple Frontier that stupid but there are dozens of other films similar to it.

14 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

I think you liked it less than me.  lol

Not sure you will find Triple Frontier that stupid but there are dozens of other films similar to it.

The book was alright. But the movie just didn’t make any sense. Plot holes aside, which aren’t difficult to find, the narrative and structure of the film was really poor.

12 hours ago, Shift-4 said:

Girl on the Train

EmilyBlunt/10

Iwatchedthewholemovie/10

Wife and I just finished it. Neither of us read the book or knew anything about it going in, except there was a girl on a train. We figured it out about 45 minutes into the 2 hour film. Still was ok, just not great.

However, I am surprised how many good actors were in this, and especially in bit parts, like Alison Janney and Lisa Kudrow. 

Worth watching? No. Just because there are so many good movies and tv shows to watch that people never do. Like Roma. I still haven’t watched Roma, yet.

The Saint

So, I remember somewhat enjoying this when I was 15. Now at 36, it’s amazing how hilariously bad it is.

Cop: These aren’t different men, Dr. Russell. These are all the same villain.

:lol: When in everyday life do cops (or anyone) refer to criminals as “villains”? Immediately my wife looked at me, laughing, and said “Are we watching a Marvel film?”

28 minutes ago, Monty said:

The Saint

So, I remember somewhat enjoying this then I was 15. Now at 36, it’s amazing how hilariously bad it is.

Cop: These aren’t different men, Dr. Russell. These are all the same villain.

:lol: When in everyday life so cops (or anyone) refer to criminals as “villains”? Immediately my wife looked at me, laughing, and said “Are we watching a Marvel film?”

:lol:

I don't remember much about that movie. I do, however, remember having high expectations based on the cast and previews, and then sitting in the theatre thinking "What the hell...?"

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, D-Money said:

:lol:

I don't remember much about that movie. I do, however, remember having high expectations based on the cast and previews, and then sitting in the theatre thinking "What the hell...?"

I knew it wasn’t going to age well. If it did, then that was going to be all on me.

But I was surprised at how bad it was, and how wrong I was when I was a teenager. However, 15 year old me knew this was in the movie, so there’s no excuse. This is all on me.

05C264E4-08A4-4F74-A9B9-143F92F8210D.jpeg

22F17703-71C5-4197-A455-01D8A9F799C0.jpeg

My latest batch of viewings:

Arctic: not much happens in this film, and it doesn't stray from other survival type stories, but I quite enjoyed it.   Maybe it was the Mads Mikklesen effect.  

Triple Frontier:  was hoping for more, but I didnt hate it.  

Captain Marvel: probably fits in the average grouping of Marvel movies.  Very few Mavel movies 'pop' for me

Going to see Us tonight.  Get Out was enjoyable but I feel like Im going to need to have my socks blown off by this one.

On 3/24/2019 at 9:26 PM, Shift-4 said:

The Dirt

Pretty bad acting. It's too bad because there are good story lines there. But not well played out.

I knew I’ve seen that name recently.

Looked on Netflix and remembered that I watched the preview. That’s what I want to see, a bio on Motley Crüe :lol: 

O.G. 6.5?/10

new HBO movie starring that black guy from Westworld. thought it was pretty good, actually. Quite slow in pace, but I also felt engaged the entire time. But then the end rolled around and I was like "that's it?" and I felt literally zero emotion. Haven't had that feeling in a long time - total engagement leading immediately to total disinterest

Edited by GLASSJAW

1 hour ago, Monty said:

I knew I’ve seen that name recently.

Looked on Netflix and remembered that I watched the preview. That’s what I want to see, a bio on Motley Crüe :lol: 

You probably also seen the name recently because one of the sleazy members of the band literally cops to rape in the book, but just recently tried to avoid the #metoo by saying he was high and drunk while "writing" the book, so he just made stuff up.

Is there a big group of degenerate subhumans on this planet than Motley Crue and their fans?

Edited by GLASSJAW

Us - I was curious what Peele would do next following Get Out.  Knowing this was going to be another horror movie, would he take it in a more serious direction or more of a schlock fest?  Well lets just say suspension of belief is a requirement for this one, plot wise.  I liked all the nods to other horror movies, acting had some good/funny moments, and Peele is a very talented director, but Im meh on Us.  I dont know whether this is supposed to be some sort of pure parody or what.   A fun watch nonetheless.

Edited by SILLY GOOSE

Theatre: Happy Death Day 2U 8/10

Mainly saw it because I didn't mind the first one and wanted to see how they would tie in the first movie/fill plot holes etc. Liked the evolution of Tree becoming a more likeable character as both movies rolled on. 

Home: Fyre Festival The Greatest Party That Never Happened 7.5/10 

Interesting how Billy was able to pull the wool over so many people’s eyes even with numerous glaring red flags. Also Ja Rule is dumb af. Really felt for the employees and people in the Bahamas that got bent over in this scam.