The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

John Scott took out Shawn Thornton

CB007

Beauty uppercut.

Thornton hasn't played since that fight. Possible concussion. Then Bruins went on to play the worst game of their season so far, giving up 6 goals, plus 1 EN. Bunch of pussies just don't know how to react if all the sudden they realize that they don't have the blank cheque to goon other teams.

lol at the boston bashing threads. it was two years ago, lets move on.

he definitely looks concussed. not a gigantic loss for the bruins since about half their roster can fight, but you never want to see concussions. good game by the sabres, i think that's the way to beat the bruins; play physical and grind them down. the score isn't indicative of how close the game was, but vanek was just unstoppable.

i still don't think the sabres have enough skill, goaltending, or depth to win the northeast division.

Of course he mocks Scott by saying "Scott averages all of 3:25 a game, he has 1 career goal"

Rather than just accepting that Thornton bit off more than he could chew. And stating in a non-bias fashion that neither player has really any skill and are just there to fight and be an intimidating presence.

Oh well.

Yep. Sad, but it's the way it goes: check out the Bolduc fight, because they kind of cruised along in front of the Vancouver bench- the looks of nervousness, anxiousness and disgust. The players (safe) on the bench try to move away from what's happening. There's some deep psychological unease going on there.

This incident, and the timeout Ruff took with 13 seconds left in the game, are a pre-cursor to when Boston visits Buffalo next .. Lucic and Charra were NOT their usual douche-bag selves last night after Thorton ate his mouthguard ..

I wonder if Charra and Lucic will find a reason to miss that next Sabers home game? .. bullies to the core .. :lol:

(You Lucic bum-boys can relax .. I am having you on .. Milan is all man .. :rolleyes: )

Guest Gumballthechewy

Must be tough to tell if Thornton has a concussion, given his baseline reading must be so significantly low to begin with.

That said, Thornton is probably the best fourth line guy in the entire league, and I would love to have him on this team.

Edwards is a hypocrite, true - the guy rabidly taunts opposition players when the Bruins get the upper hand.

But to suggest that Thornton is just there to fight is reductive - as much as I dislike the B's, he's actually a decent hockey player - scored 10 goals, was a +8 and threw a hell of a lot of hits (more hits than pm) in limited minutes en route to their Cup a couple years ago. I see Thornton in a class with Chris Neil - a tough guy who intimidates but can reasonably skate and play the game - not just a pylon there to punch people.

Archived