Alzner

Johansson

Jeff Schultz

Players we'd be willing to give up:

Ballard

Booth

Goaltender (possibly)

Schroeder

The best package for us IMO would be Brouwer, Johansson, and Alzner. How to get that is up for debate. But I do think we need a bit more grit on D, which Alzner brings. A third line center, which Johansson is capable of playing. And some more grit in the top 9 in Brouwer.

Booth and Ballard have both had success in the Southeast division. It's possible they'd be interested in these guys. Hard to say though.

No Surfer, they don't have depth at C beyond their needs - they're actually pretty shallow.

Ribiero - UFA

Backstrom

Perreault

Hendricks - UFA

Johansson

B prospects.

And Johansson isn't really NHL ready. They're shallow, they have a pair of UFAs, and they're already an injury away from being a buyer this season. Their prospect pools at both C and D are also very weak.

Washington's two most interesting roster players are the two young top 4 blueliners - they'd be nutty to move either.

They're running with Holtby, they're already top heavy, and unless they dip into the cream of their shallow young talent, their roster D or prospect wings, there's not much there.

Uh, ok Smashian, once again:

Marcus Johansson

-22.3 relative corsi, worst on the Capitals against a weak quality of competition.

57.1% offensive zone starts - highest on the Capitals.

There's a reason he hasn't played a game in over a month - and that reason is not injury.

He's still a project.

He wouldn't cut it as a 3C for the Canucks - I can just imagine the disappointment around here when he wound up in Chicago working on his game. Schroeder's defensive game is better developed.

Sure they do; Backstrom is playing second fiddle to Ribiero and is wasting away. That was a trade that did them no good at all. Everything he accomplishes (and he is playing well) falls off the performance Backstrom has given them for years. But Ribiero has done nothing to keep Ovi productive. And then there is no offensive role for talent player MoJo who also rots. Sounds like good balance to me?

A trade that makes sense is Lou and Ballard, for Ribiero (a rental) and a right D. If Orlov, we get a good pick as well. If Carlson or Green, we add to the kitty, maybe a prospect two way centre; you pick Schroeder or Gaunce! Washington scores a goalie, and gets back to what worked for them for years! And if not Ribiero you pick Johansson out of their back pocket while he scores under the radar.

Oh I know, some don't like us getting 70 point puck rushing right handed D like Green...

Key point > Washington needs a change in make up at centre!

No Surfer, they don't have depth at C beyond their needs - they're actually pretty shallow.

Ribiero - UFA

Backstrom

Perreault

Hendricks - UFA

Johansson

B prospects.

And Johansson isn't really NHL ready. They're shallow, they have a pair of UFAs, and they're already an injury away from being a buyer this season. Their prospect pools at both C and D are also very weak.

Washington's two most interesting roster players are the two young top 4 blueliners - they'd be nutty to move either.

They're running with Holtby, they're already top heavy, and unless they dip into the cream of their shallow young talent, their roster D or prospect wings, there's not much there.

Sure they do; Backstrom is playing second fiddle to Ribiero and is wasting away. That was a trade that did them no good at all. Everything he accomplishes (and he is playing well) falls off the performance Backstrom has given them for years. But Ribiero has done nothing to keep Ovi productive. And then there is no offensive role for talent player MoJo who also rots. Sounds like good balance to me?

A trade that makes sense is Lou and Ballard, for Ribiero (a rental) and a right D. If Orlov, we get a good pick as well. If Carlson or Green, we add to the kitty, maybe a prospect two way centre; you pick Schroeder or Gaunce! Washington scores a goalie, and gets back to what worked for them for years! And if not Ribiero you pick Johansson out of their back pocket while he scores under the radar.

Oh I know, some don't like us getting 70 point puck rushing right handed D like Green...

Key point > Washington needs a change in make up at centre!

Well, adding to the confounding roster management in the Capital;

Ovi has spent a good part of the year at RW. Which begs why Ward and Brouwer have contracts. Or did 215 lb Wojtek Wolski outplay Ovi for a top line left wing role?

Anywhoo, why does Washington want to give up Brouwer from RW where they don't really have depth? I would think the GM has to have been speaking to Oates who has been spreading players all of the ice like he used to dish saucer passes.

And why do we want another left D, Alzner is awesome I admit, but do we need more competition for ice time on left D? Plus they just lost Erskine, how do they justify giving up a left D? Or do we do a 2 for 1 Ballard and Garrison for Alzner? I'm not trying to be silly, I apologize if it appears I'm trolling (I'm not trying to). I just don't see that fit...

Players I think we should be looking at from the Caps:

Brouwer

Alzner

Johansson

Jeff Schultz

Players we'd be willing to give up:

Ballard

Booth

Goaltender (possibly)

Schroeder

The best package for us IMO would be Brouwer, Johansson, and Alzner. How to get that is up for debate. But I do think we need a bit more grit on D, which Alzner brings. A third line center, which Johansson is capable of playing. And some more grit in the top 9 in Brouwer.

Booth and Ballard have both had success in the Southeast division. It's possible they'd be interested in these guys. Hard to say though.

In addition

1 point

not misrepresentative of his play.

So we spend a bunch of value to get this 22 yr old, who is underachieving, and then what - send him to Chicago, where he'd need to improve his game, and in the meantme, go out and spend some more asset value to get a guy that can actually contribute in the ways the Canucks need - two way 3C who can win faceoffs and contribute at both ends.

I much prefer the concession you made when you proposed Goc.

I think Gillis feels the heat from the fans here in Vancouver and can't afford to make another bad trade like all of his recent ones.

If there was a year we didn't make the playoffs, this would be the year. It's been a funny season from the beginning. Kesler's injuries and Bieksa dealing with his groin issue. I know time is not on this teams side but lets be realistic, they're not going to win this year with the way the team is right now.

How good would it be if we get lucky and don't make the playoffs, get lucky and get a top 5 draft pick and trade Luongo for something that will help us out for years?

I'm with you on that Larsson would have to be the piece. I can't see another fit.

Zubrus is still out from wrist surgery. I'm not sure how good he'll be when he comes back. He does have good reach though and I can see that being interesting to MG.

Nice idea.

Henrique would be nice, but doubtful they would trade him.

If washington wanted 1 of our goalies, key word IF, These are players id like to see

Carlson, easy top 4 rhd

Ward, big right winger could easily play with sedins, or be net presence on the PP

Perreault- Seems to have some upside still or could be a useful 3rd line center if he can play in his own end, also 2nd pp unit

I'm with you on that Larsson would have to be the piece. I can't see another fit.

Zubrus is still out from wrist surgery. I'm not sure how good he'll be when he comes back. He does have good reach though and I can see that being interesting to MG.

Nice idea.

Archived