The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

DEJA VU all over again anyone else reminded of la series

yete

Nope, there is one HUGE difference that I noticed.

The Effort Level.

Against LA we were bad we didn't have the effort to compete with LA, agianst SJ we brought the same effort level to the table that they did and the game was one of bounces.

If we are able to make the neccisary adjustments, and bring the same effort we did last game (with our top guys stepping up a bit) I think we will be okay.

The Effort Level.

Against LA we were bad we didn't have the effort to compete with LA, agianst SJ we brought the same effort level to the table that they did and the game was one of bounces.

If we are able to make the neccisary adjustments, and bring the same effort we did last game (with our top guys stepping up a bit) I think we will be okay.

The Effort Level.

Honestly not going to lie, that thought has been in my head all day but for some reason i think something is different this year. I don't know what it is, maybe its just my belief side which is shining but I feel they can beat San Jose and if they really wanted they could dismantle them.

With Havlat injured and Gaglardi not prime, the Canucks top 2 lines are as good as the San Jose top 2 (in my opinion better). The major issue is the bottom 2 lines where even with a Gaglardi that isnt fully healthy the Sharks are still better.

The Canucks D on paper is far better than the San Jose D.

Even with Luongo in net the goalies are virtually the same.

So assuming forwards in the grand scheme of things are a tie, the Canucks D is better and the goalies are a wash the Canucks hold advantage. Unfortunately some of that advantage was lost last night when Canucks threw away home ice however generally the better team tends to prevail and I feel here it will as well.

In my opinion, as we have seen all the season the Canucks worst enemy is the Canucks. This is a talented group that just hasn't for the lack of a better term "given a crap" for so long. However, I do believe that will change. For the first time in a long time the Canucks are at a critical point in the season where if they do not show up there will be dramatic consequences. I really hope wish and believe against this San Jose team they will prevail. Going forward (after San Jose if we can get there) all bets are off but they are the better team against San Jose which many would argue wasn't the case against LA.

maybe its me, but doesn't watching hockey remind you of watching hockey. Or because you are looking for similarities you find similarities. Two events one year apart have more differences than similarities. Some of you spend too much time tea leaf reading.

So far yes this reminds of the LA series. Someone here mentioned how many hits the Canucks had. Just rewatched the game and the Vancouver statician was smoking crack, SJ easily outhit Vancouver that game AINEC. Not really surprised if the Nucks don't win this series, the Canucks aren't a good enough team to come out of the West as it is. We will need some tremendous luck.

Archived