The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Canucks coach talk. Keep all talk here.

MJDDawg

He most certainly did not this past season.

Dont play dumb to suit your disdain for AV.

This season more than any, he brought in a 1st line caliber offensive center for AV to use. And it elevated our center depth to among the best in the league.

And he still failed. MG wasn't the one who wouldn't put Higgins and Roy together in the post season despite proven success.

I am more elated at seeing AV's assistants go than I am at seeing AV himself go. AV made a lot of errors but he was IMO let down by his supporting staff more than anything. As for the doom and gloomers who are all upset over AV's firing, get over it and see that things will get better. Winning is NOT everything, watching a team play their heart out is. Taking that into consideration, last season was rock bottom and things can only get better. I don't care if we fail to make the playoffs next year as long as the team shows up to play. That's all that matters.

I am more elated at seeing AV's assistants go than I am at seeing AV himself go. AV made a lot of errors but he was IMO let down by his supporting staff more than anything. As for the doom and gloomers who are all upset over AV's firing, get over it and see that things will get better. Winning is NOT everything, watching a team play their heart out is. Taking that into consideration, last season was rock bottom and things can only get better. I don't care if we fail to make the playoffs next year as long as the team shows up to play. That's all that matters.

You first need the desire to win the cup. The team showed nothing close last season. I don't want another president trophy..I want them to win the cup!

This season more than any, he brought in a 1st line caliber offensive center for AV to use. And it elevated our center depth to among the best in the league.

And he still failed. MG wasn't the one who wouldn't put Higgins and Roy together in the post season despite proven success.

This is the truth that some people keep looking past.

If you have Sedin, Kesler, and Roy down the middle you should have no problem scoring goals.

But this season you could see the desperation coming from AV. He had no way left to motivate the team other than juggling the lines. And in the end it only ended up being counter productive because there was no chemistry on offense.

AV did everything he could with this core. But after so many years of coming up short, the team needs something new to believe in. A new a coach and some youth in the lineup will hopefully accomplish that.

This is the truth that some people keep looking past.

If you have Sedin, Kesler, and Roy down the middle you should have no problem scoring goals.

But this season you could see the desperation coming from AV. He had no way left to motivate the team other than juggling the lines. And in the end it only ended up being counter productive because there was no chemistry on offense.

AV did everything he could with this core. But after so many years of coming up short, the team needs something new to believe in. A new a coach and some youth in the lineup will hopefully accomplish that.

Exactly. It was time for a change and the change was made. Good thing, now we can move forward with some hope.

You first need the desire to win the cup. The team showed nothing close last season. I don't want another president trophy..I want them to win the cup!

I think winning is a luxury that is all the more special when a team earns it with hard work, courage, and tenacity. When we see the team bring it to the post-season, we will see a more competitive playoff team.

It would also be nice to see Manny Malhotra and/or Trevor Linden get introduced to coaching in some capacity. We need their leadership.

‏@DOUBLEJGLOBALBC 2m

Here's the email Canucks season tix received at dinner tonight from Mike Gillis.

BK6dLaaCcAAZB6o.jpg

Today.... Vancouver Canucks.

Am I misreading something there or did he leave out a word? edit: it looks like some of it is cut off on the right-hand side.

Farewell to the trio

It's never fun when anyone loses a job. And these guys did a great job here in Van. Our PP and PK were both amongst the best in the league for a few seasons. And a lot of great things happened under AV's tenure.

He was kind to the media and fans and seemed like he was very well respected by his players.

Unfortunately someone had to take the fall for our poor results, but it doesn't mean that AV was a bad coach.

Good luck to AV, RB, and NB in their futures.

He did say they needed upgrades, and he said he didn't know whether they would come from within or somewhere else. Obviously he's going to add pieces.

So you're suggesting that the World's are a much easier game. If that's true how come a team that has Stamkos, Giroux, Eberle, and Duchene didn't just cruise to the finals?

They were on the world stage with some of the World's best and proved that they belonged there. No matter what level of play it is, it's all relative.

Sure it's relevant in that it's good hockey but it doesn't prove they're dominant at the NHL level. The guys you mentioned all lost the opportunity to be in the tournament they really wanted to be in and worked for all year with the same guys. Playing in a losers tournament for one or two weeks (while the real tourney is still on) with a bunch of new teammates while exciting and fun is just a totally different thing.

As far as upgrades I just hope it's someone that can score some goals and not another Higgins type player. Our top goal scorer last year was 68th in the league. Probably number one the list though will be Raymond or his replacement.

I know you can't get players off of trees but if you're spending to the cap you've got to add goal scoring if you need it somehow. Tough decisions need to be made. I've heard so many excuses from lack of prospects to timing to it's a slow market it's a feeling out process to trades are harder than you think, etc. etc.

Thanks for the best 7 seasons any diehard Vancouver Canucks fan could ask for. 2 Presidents trophies, 1 Stanley Cup Final appearance, 6 out of 7 Northwest Division champions. But it's time to move on, thanks for the memories, and I wish you the best in your future endeavours, Alain Vigneault.

ya thanks for no motivation and the same old no show in the play offs and oh ya thanks for the 4-0loss of game 7 stanley cup finals.... thanks but happy to see you go av... next up....

Archived