The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Canucks coach talk. Keep all talk here.

MJDDawg

For an on ice product I wouldn't mind Ruff.

I know the guy hasn't won anything but I thought he had Buffalo playing a good offensive style game (up until the rebuild) and is a coach that would get quite a bit of respect from the veterans (I thought I read somewhere that the veteran players want a veteran coach).

Just for the entertainment value John Tortorella teeing off on the Vancouver media on a regular basis would be absolutely hilarious - would love to see him and the G man on the 1040. Unfortunately I think he will be out of the game for a bit (I doubt TSN brings him back) and maybe heads overseas for short while.

I HIGHLY doubt it but I think I'd rather have Eakins as an assistant coach but I doubt he leaves a headcoach job in the AHL to become an Assistant at the NHL level.

As important as the Headcoach is I think equally important this time around is to have a strong set of assistants - something which Vancouver has lacked during the AV era (no disrespect to Bowness but the defense wasn't overly strong with him in charge & the powerplay under Newell Brown became a joke).

@News1130Sports 2m

I don't have confirmation but have been told to look into Wayne Gretzky getting interviewed by the #Canucks for their coaching vacancy.

@News1130Sports 2m

If true - why wouldn't Mike Gillis interview and pick the brain of the greatest player to ever play the game.

I haven't seen it posted yet - but all this talk about which coach we should get, did anyone even think of the following question?

Why would a coach come here instead of another team?

The fans and media pressure would turn off most potentials...then you have the lack luster group of players that manged to play only 4 really good games the entire season and have won only 1 game in their last 2 playoff series....

Just saying....

I haven't seen it posted yet - but all this talk about which coach we should get, did anyone even think of the following question?

Why would a coach come here instead of another team?

The fans and media pressure would turn off most potentials...then you have the lack luster group of players that manged to play only 4 really good games the entire season and have won only 1 game in their last 2 playoff series....

Just saying....

my-inferiority-complex-is-not-as-good-as-yours.jpg

@News1130Sports 2m

I don't have confirmation but have been told to look into Wayne Gretzky getting interviewed by the #Canucks for their coaching vacancy.

@News1130Sports 2m

If true - why wouldn't Mike Gillis interview and pick the brain of the greatest player to ever play the game.

Maybe Gretzky wouldn't be that bad of an option. When he coached Phoenix he had a horrible team there so maybe he just needs a good enough team to be a good coach.

But here's what Dreger said

@DarrenDreger: No truth to the rumour Wayne Gretzky has interviewed for coaching job in Vancouver. Word from both 99 and Canucks.

I heard AV is going to nyr... he will bench lundqvist after a few bad starts... not pull him in multiple games vs teams like detroit when guys like ballard and hamhuis are deflecting 5-8 pucks into their own net and play biron aas the new starter.

E5

It will be interesting to see how NYR doe under AV. I always thought he was a good coach for a bad / average team as he gets the most out of players and instills a good hardworking work ethic & getting a non playoff team to the playoffs but he just isn't very good at getting them to go to the next level.

When you go back over his tenure aside from a handful of series he was really outcoached in quite a few series (even in some they won). I figure the only series he wasn't out coached would be Stars 08, Blues 09, Preds & Sharks 11 - Even the hawks series in 11 felt like it was more of a break that they won than out coaching Quenville.

Not hating on the guy & hope he does well where ever he goes but he seems more of a fit for a club like Dallas that needs to add a better work ethic over the entire season NYR needs a guy to coach an uptempo style and allow Lundquist to make the big saves (he usually does) as opposed to playing a boring sick back and defend like crazy style (much like what Torts was doing)

I heard AV is going to nyr... he will bench lundqvist after a few bad starts... not pull him in multiple games vs teams like detroit when guys like ballard and hamhuis are deflecting 5-8 pucks into their own net and play biron aas the new starter.

E5

this stuff actually happens everywere appolo, just like how coaches switch up line combonations. If you have enough time go follow another team. They pretty do the exact same thing we do or any good coach does. BTW Lundqvist won't be as bad as Luongo bro, so don't worry.

this stuff actually happens everywere appolo, just like how coaches switch up line combonations. If you have enough time go follow another team. They pretty do the exact same thing we do or any good coach does. BTW Lundqvist won't be as bad as Luongo bro, so don't worry.

Luongo and lund are as equal as it gets. The only two generational talents in the league. No one else can string a decade like those two

Well Brodeur too but he prolly has a year or two left

Archived