The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hunter Shinkaruk | C/W

-Vintage Canuck-

:picard:

You're out to lunch if you don't think McCann has what it takes to make the Canucks. For instance, in comparison to Horvat, McCann actually fares better in some aspects of the game:

Shooting: McCann > Horvat

Playmaking: McCann > Horvat

Skating: McCann > Horvat

Faceoffs: Horvat > McCann

Puck protection: Horvat > McCann

Defensive awareness: Horvat > McCann

On top of that, Horvat is also a lot bigger, but McCann is 6'0" as well so he's not small - he's still 18 and should bulk up in the next couple years to be able to compete in the NHL.

And McCann is a two-way center too, so it's not like he's awful defensively or on faceoffs - it's just that those things are what Bo is really good at so in comparison to Bo, Jared is lesser in those categories.

He's a pretty complete player with a little less defensive capability than Bo but a little more offensive capability/potential. He will make the Canucks eventually - not as fast as Bo did, but he will.

You're out to lunch if you don't think McCann has what it takes to make the Canucks. For instance, in comparison to Horvat, McCann actually fares better in some aspects of the game:

Shooting: McCann > Horvat

Playmaking: McCann > Horvat

Skating: McCann > Horvat

Faceoffs: Horvat > McCann

Puck protection: Horvat > McCann

Defensive awareness: Horvat > McCann

On top of that, Horvat is also a lot bigger, but McCann is 6'0" as well so he's not small - he's still 18 and should bulk up in the next couple years to be able to compete in the NHL.

And McCann is a two-way center too, so it's not like he's awful defensively or on faceoffs - it's just that those things are what Bo is really good at so in comparison to Bo, Jared is lesser in those categories.

He's a pretty complete player with a little less defensive capability than Bo but a little more offensive capability/potential. He will make the Canucks eventually - not as fast as Bo did, but he will.

Hey...I agree with you for a change!

Not sure McCann is a better skater now though, maybe his edgework but Horvat's skating just keeps getting better and Bo is at least up to average speed (faster I think) for the team now.

McCann seems to have the drive to make the NHL in a few years.

Hey...I agree with you for a change!

Not sure McCann is a better skater now though, maybe his edgework but Horvat's skating just keeps getting better and Bo is at least up to average speed (faster I think) for the team now.

McCann seems to have the drive to make the NHL in a few years.

:lol: we're bound to agree on something

Horvat's skating is fine, but he doesn't have the acceleration and quick separation that McCann shows IMO

It's like how McCann's defensive game is fine but he is not quite at Horvat's level

I was an advocate of trading down or trading up to get McCann or one of the NCAA guys like Milano, Tuch, and Larkin around pick 14-15 or whatever so I'm a fan.

That being said, I do believe that he's best off developing a completer offensive game for another season. He's best off playing C imo - so we'd have to give him Horvat treatment which means two of Richardson, Matthias, and Vey (one can move to wing or whatever) and then Gaunce will be left in the AHL, who I believe is more suited/ready for the NHL game than McCann is at this stage.

Not a fan of keeping McCann up next season, but we'll see how training camp is. Oh, and McCann's defensive game is as good as Horvat's.

Not a fan of keeping McCann up next season, but we'll see how training camp is. Oh, and McCann's defensive game is as good as Horvat's.

Interesting. Then the only thing you see as holding him back in junior next season is his physical maturity?

Interesting. Then the only thing you see as holding him back in junior next season is his physical maturity?

Nope. Just needs to generally improve in all facets - one thing would be his poise offensively. He can still learn more and get better out of the NHL, unlike Bo so I don't see a problem in leaving him there unless he shows a hell of a lot in training camp.

I finally get it.

If people keep covering their eyes with their palms, it will be nearly impossible to post in the right thread!

It's okay everyone. Remove your palms from your faces! The collective CDC gives you permission to look for the right threads!

Shinkaruk is going to be a 1st line LW for us. He will become our next Patrick Kane and he will help us win a cup. He is fast, skating forward with an excellent shot. He's alright defensively but needs work on his positioning. He's also captain material seeing as that he was the captain of the Medicine Hat Tigers back in his junior years. He's a flashy player with an excellent attitude to get better and better.

How's that for a change of scenery in this thread? Go ahead,

DISCUSS POSITIVELY FOR ONCE!

Shinkaruk is going to be a 1st line LW for us. He will become our next Patrick Kane and he will help us win a cup. He is fast, skating forward with an excellent shot. He's alright defensively but needs work on his positioning. He's also captain material seeing as that he was the captain of the Medicine Hat Tigers back in his junior years. He's a flashy player with an excellent attitude to get better and better.

How's that for a change of scenery in this thread? Go ahead,

DISCUSS POSITIVELY FOR ONCE!

^ Basically this. He's still young and missed an entire year of hockey. Let him get his game back and the sky is the limit for him

Archived