The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hunter Shinkaruk | C/W

-Vintage Canuck-

I say long term he be better than Hodgson both Offensively and Defensively

Their games are quite different. Coho is a playmaking C and Shinkaruk a sniper on W. Both players will improve their defensive skills, while offensively, Cody will have more points and Hunter more goals.

I think Hovart is the one that will be all around better than Coho.

Their games are quite different. Coho is a playmaking C and Shinkaruk a sniper on W. Both players will improve their defensive skills, while offensively, Cody will have more points and Hunter more goals.

I think Hovart is the one that will be all around better than Coho.

If you're comparing C to C then Horvat in the future, based in all around ability will have the edge on Hodgson. Canuck_Trevor's sweeping statement on defensive ability of Shinkaruk/Horvat compared to Hodgson is accurate in the sense that Hodgson simply cannot play D. Considering defensive ability is a huge part of the pro game, I'll take either and both of Shinkaruk/Horvat over Hodgson any day.

If you're comparing C to C then Horvat in the future, based in all around ability will have the edge on Hodgson. Canuck_Trevor's sweeping statement on defensive ability of Shinkaruk/Horvat compared to Hodgson is accurate in the sense that Hodgson simply cannot play D. Considering defensive ability is a huge part of the pro game, I'll take either and both of Shinkaruk/Horvat over Hodgson any day.

LOL ur saying Horvat is better than Hodgson? Keep dreaming, bud. Hodgson is one of the best offensive centres for his age in the NHL. The guy is a stud and the Canucks gave him away for nothing

LOL ur saying Horvat is better than Hodgson? Keep dreaming, bud. Hodgson is one of the best offensive centres for his age in the NHL. The guy is a stud and the Canucks gave him away for nothing

lol, I'm not going to let this get sidetracked to the Hodgson vs. Kassian debate. I'll simply say that he can't play D, he doesn't have the footspeed to forecheck or backcheck, his compete level is non existent, and he's getting overpaid after a decent half season last year. He's not a guy you want on the ice in the last minute when up by a goal, and that's concerning if he's going to be logging 20 mins each night and 6m+ each year. At least with Horvat and Shinkaruk you know that they bring it every night, and can be relied upon - a valuable asset for a young player.

And honestly, I'm kind of ashamed of Hodgson being Canadian, as he seems to be one of few Canadian born players with abosultely 0 bite.

Lol Smelly Troll @(0.o)@

Hodgson gets protected starts he is terribly defensively and that's all there is to it. Smelly troll can argue opinion but smelly troll won't argue stats.

Lol Smelly Troll @(0.o)@

Hodgson gets protected starts he is terribly defensively and that's all there is to it. Smelly troll can argue opinion but smelly troll won't argue stats.

Hodgson is highly underrated defensively and is and always will be 10x the hockey player Horvat will be.... Maybe if the Canucks selected Nichushkin or Domi, those 2 would have a CHANCE to be anywhere near Hodgson as players but Horvat is a 3rd line grinder

Hodgson is highly underrated defensively and is and always will be 10x the hockey player Horvat will be.... Maybe if the Canucks selected Nichushkin or Domi, those 2 would have a CHANCE to be anywhere near Hodgson as players but Horvat is a 3rd line grinder

Lol idiot

Lmao. Ok whatever you say buddy..

Archived